Mouse still really bad...

When I hop in a game the mouse just feels so off like when I look side to side feels okay but when I look up and down it’s just terrible I can’t even turn in this game and I thought they would have fixed this but I guess not the updates also take so long like 4 months really 343??? it also feels like they don’t give a damn about the PC community.

You have independent control over horizontal and vertical sensitivity. 343 isn’t the problem, its your inability to change settings yourself.

> 2533274873929324;2:
> You have independent control over horizontal and vertical sensitivity. 343 isn’t the problem, its your inability to change settings yourself.

Actually the problem is the company that did the port… the mouse is implemented badly. It has nothing to do with the sensitivity settings. Don’t try to make fun of someone when you don’t even know what you are talking about. Please stay in the Xbox section of the forums. Its bad enough people are trying to get basic things fixed that either won’t be or will take forever. They don’t need people denying the problems that exist just because you can’t comprehend them.

the only complaints ive seen from people who play exclusively on PC is the frame rate cap and field of view they would like options to change that. According to them the mouse and keyboard support is good.

> 2533274805919869;4:
> the only complaints ive seen from people who play exclusively on PC is the frame rate cap and field of view they would like options to change that. According to them the mouse and keyboard support is good.

keyboard and mouse support is appalling . vertical is double the speed of horizontal aiming…but vertical moves correctly where as horizontal aiming is really bad with small or slow movements the mouse doesnt move its almost as if you have to force it to move or its stuck in mud. no chance is it RAW MOUSE INPUT.
Also atm joypad aiming has a huge sticky aim and crazy bullet magnetism which makes it OP on a joypad.

Turn off VSync in-game, make sure VSync isn’t forced in your GPU’s control panel, set “Use Raw Inputs” to ON in-game, and turn off all forms of mouse acceleration as well. It’ll help.

Also, if your mouse is capable, set it to 1000hz polling rate.

The mouse feels weird to me because im not really a pc gamer. Im just saying what pc players have said.

> 2533274795832087;5:
> > 2533274805919869;4:
> > the only complaints ive seen from people who play exclusively on PC is the frame rate cap and field of view they would like options to change that. According to them the mouse and keyboard support is good.
>
> keyboard and mouse support is appalling . vertical is double the speed of horizontal aiming…but vertical moves correctly where as horizontal aiming is really bad with small or slow movements the mouse doesnt move its almost as if you have to force it to move or its stuck in mud. no chance is it RAW MOUSE INPUT.
> Also atm joypad aiming has a huge sticky aim and crazy bullet magnetism which makes it OP on a joypad.

> 2533274821632824;6:
> Turn off VSync in-game, make sure VSync isn’t forced in your GPU’s control panel, set “Use Raw Inputs” to ON in-game, and turn off all forms of mouse acceleration as well. It’ll help.
>
> Also, if your mouse is capable, set it to 1000hz polling rate.

v sync is off…refresh at 180Hz (using bleam.exe for uncapped) no vsync in nvidia control panel, raw inputs ingame mouse is razer deathadder at 1000Hz @ 3500dpi
i been gaming for 30 years, settings are all correct my end…trust me…the mouse support is laughable at best

Well for those complaining about using the mouse, have you actually plugged in your xbox controller. Yes because you can do that you know.

> 2533274972430429;9:
> Well for those complaining about using the mouse, have you actually plugged in your xbox controller. Yes because you can do that you know.

^^LOL^^ this guy. LOOK here lad…i CANNOT use a joypad…kinda hard with a severely damaged left hand, even when i had perfect hands i find joypad horribly awkward and frustrating. this is on pc and as such should have real mouse and keyboard support. not what is on offer now which certainly is not RAW INPUT as the aim shape is still there…honestly its all sorts of horrible.
DECCELERATION ON HORIZONTAL AIM ( NO MATTER WHAT YOU SET IN OPTIONS)
FINE MOVEMENTS ON THE HORIZONTAL ACCESS ARE PRACTICALLY IGNORED MEANING YOU HAVE TO FIGHT YOUR MOUSE TO GET IT MOVING (THIS IS WHY IT FEELS LIKE YOUR MOUSE IS IN MUD)
what it boils down to is that the mouse aiming is directly attached to how the joypad works…there is NO RAW INPUT no matter what the options screen says.
give us real RAW INPUT and all should be fine

> 2533274795832087;10:
> > 2533274972430429;9:
> > Well for those complaining about using the mouse, have you actually plugged in your xbox controller. Yes because you can do that you know.
>
> ^^LOL^^ this guy. LOOK here lad…i CANNOT use a joypad…kinda hard with a severely damaged left hand, even when i had perfect hands i find joypad horribly awkward and frustrating. this is on pc and as such should have real mouse and keyboard support. not what is on offer now which certainly is not RAW INPUT as the aim shape is still there…honestly its all sorts of horrible.
> DECCELERATION ON HORIZONTAL AIM ( NO MATTER WHAT YOU SET IN OPTIONS)
> FINE MOVEMENTS ON THE HORIZONTAL ACCESS ARE PRACTICALLY IGNORED MEANING YOU HAVE TO FIGHT YOUR MOUSE TO GET IT MOVING (THIS IS WHY IT FEELS LIKE YOUR MOUSE IS IN MUD)
> what it boils down to is that the mouse aiming is directly attached to how the joypad works…there is NO RAW INPUT no matter what the options screen says.
> give us real RAW INPUT and all should be fine

I wasn’t directing my comment solely at you, just giving advice to anyone who didn’t know that they can simply plug in their controller to play rather than having to use a mouse, if they aren’t going to the fixing the aiming have you considered looking at adapted controllers, I know you said you can’t really use one, but If you have the ability to customise the controller to fit your playstyle it’s worth a shot.

> 2533274972430429;11:
> > 2533274795832087;10:
> > > 2533274972430429;9:
> > > Well for those complaining about using the mouse, have you actually plugged in your xbox controller. Yes because you can do that you know.
> >
> > ^^LOL^^ this guy. LOOK here lad…i CANNOT use a joypad…kinda hard with a severely damaged left hand, even when i had perfect hands i find joypad horribly awkward and frustrating. this is on pc and as such should have real mouse and keyboard support. not what is on offer now which certainly is not RAW INPUT as the aim shape is still there…honestly its all sorts of horrible.
> > DECCELERATION ON HORIZONTAL AIM ( NO MATTER WHAT YOU SET IN OPTIONS)
> > FINE MOVEMENTS ON THE HORIZONTAL ACCESS ARE PRACTICALLY IGNORED MEANING YOU HAVE TO FIGHT YOUR MOUSE TO GET IT MOVING (THIS IS WHY IT FEELS LIKE YOUR MOUSE IS IN MUD)
> > what it boils down to is that the mouse aiming is directly attached to how the joypad works…there is NO RAW INPUT no matter what the options screen says.
> > give us real RAW INPUT and all should be fine
>
> I wasn’t directing my comment solely at you, just giving advice to anyone who didn’t know that they can simply plug in their controller to play rather than having to use a mouse, if they aren’t going to the fixing the aiming have you considered looking at adapted controllers, I know you said you can’t really use one, but If you have the ability to customise the controller to fit your playstyle it’s worth a shot.

I hate controllers . hand injury or not . PC users primarily use mouse and keyboard. bet you would be annoyed if controller support didnt work on console…same thing here.

Also i do notice all the good players are from xbox one anyway as they have high ranks and mad guns and armour. guess these young uns only use joypad cuz they love the MASSIVE AIM ASSIST AND BULLET MAGNETISM WHICH MAKES JOYPAD AN EASY WIN OVER TERRIBLE MOUSE CONTROLS…seriously try it out for yaself.

Try setting both controller deadzones to 0, even if you don’t have a controller, just in case they might be interfering.

> 2533274821632824;13:
> Try setting both controller deadzones to 0, even if you don’t have a controller, just in case they might be interfering.

evreything is set correctly. i have done all necessary settings to joypad and mouse.
AIMING ON MOUSE IS TERRIBLE.
dont try saying i dont know how aiming should feel. i have been playing with mouse/keyboard since Quake (before most of you were born lol :wink: )
I DO NOT and CAN NOT play on a joypad.

> 2533274795832087;14:
> > 2533274821632824;13:
> > Try setting both controller deadzones to 0, even if you don’t have a controller, just in case they might be interfering.
>
> evreything is set correctly. i have done all necessary settings to joypad and mouse.
> AIMING ON MOUSE IS TERRIBLE.
> dont try saying i dont know how aiming should feel. i have been playing with mouse/keyboard since Quake (before most of you were born lol :wink: )
> I DO NOT and CAN NOT play on a joypad.

I know you don’t play on a joypad, but I’ve heard rumors that the deadzone settings for the joypad in Halo 5 forge will affect the deadzones on the mouse. Talking about these settings here: http://puu.sh/ttSkq/bc1537f8e9.png (Inner deadzone, and outer deadzone)
I’ve been playing mouse/keyboard since Doom 2 over LAN, went to play Quake 2 and Outwars in 1999 on MSN gaming zone, and then moved to Unreal Tournament, Quake 3 Arena, and then eventually to Unreal Tournament 2004 and Star Wars: Jedi Outcast. Halo 5 Forge is strange, because it seems to be different for everyone in how the mouse behaves. I’m getting perfect 1:1 movement, but many people are not. I’m just sharing what my settings are that might help alleviate the problem.

> 2533274821632824;15:
> > 2533274795832087;14:
> > > 2533274821632824;13:
> > > Try setting both controller deadzones to 0, even if you don’t have a controller, just in case they might be interfering.
> >
> > evreything is set correctly. i have done all necessary settings to joypad and mouse.
> > AIMING ON MOUSE IS TERRIBLE.
> > dont try saying i dont know how aiming should feel. i have been playing with mouse/keyboard since Quake (before most of you were born lol :wink: )
> > I DO NOT and CAN NOT play on a joypad.
>
> I know you don’t play on a joypad, but I’ve heard rumors that the deadzone settings for the joypad in Halo 5 forge will affect the deadzones on the mouse. Talking about these settings here: http://puu.sh/ttSkq/bc1537f8e9.png (Inner deadzone, and outer deadzone)
> I’ve been playing mouse/keyboard since Doom 2 over LAN, went to play Quake 2 and Outwars in 1999 on MSN gaming zone, and then moved to Unreal Tournament, Quake 3 Arena, and then eventually to Unreal Tournament 2004 and Star Wars: Jedi Outcast. Halo 5 Forge is strange, because it seems to be different for everyone in how the mouse behaves. I’m getting perfect 1:1 movement, but many people are not. I’m just sharing what my settings are that might help alleviate the problem.

yes the joypad affects the mouse movement and i have EVERYTHING setup CORRECTLY. the joypad aiming mechanic is used for the mouse which is insane and also a tack on mouse and keyboard solution for halo 5…its better using an XIM4 adapter on xbox one and pc than use actual mouse on a pc.
Dont know how you are getting (please dont think i am saying you are lying) 1:1 movement because vertical aim sensitivity is double horizontal sensitivity (unless you turn it down in settings). raw input simply does not work and the joypad aim mechanic should not be messing with the mouse controls as there doesnt need to be shape or accel or deadzones on a mouse. the DEVS know its an issue so im gonna stay off the topic from now on :slight_smile:

It feels like mouse DECELERATION rather than mouse acceleration. A tiny movement feels somewhat normal (still not) and a large sweep of my mouse results in only a few degrees of yaw/pitch rotation. A full mouse sweep should be like 1-2 complete yaw rotations like in any other game (give or take a few rotations depending on your mouse settings).
I was wondering if somehow the controller acceleration was being added to the mouse acceleration and resulting in a negative number for look acceleration when it should cap at 0. But I tried setting both to max/min (which should rule that out but might not) and it didn’t.

^ Sorry if that’s difficult to read.