Mounting Weapons On Mongooses

Why hasn’t this been done yet? Why is it that we can tear machine gun turrets from their bipods but we can’t simply mount them in the mongoose passenger seat? It would give us a whole new reason to choose to mongoose as our vehicle of choice and make us feel more effective on the battlefield.

The mongoose isn’t supposed to be a power vehicle. Just get in a Warthog if you want a turret.

> The mongoose isn’t supposed to be a power vehicle. Just get in a Warthog if you want a turret.

One turret with 200 rounds mounted on a light vehicle shouldn’t be considered a power vehicle. You are still very vulnerable to little things like grenade splash damage that can flip a mongoose over with ease. Warthogs have much more protection, three seats, and unlimited ammo on their turret. It’s a totally different ball game.

This is what I don’t understand. Turrets are fundamentally useless. Kill times are too slow (slightly less than par with primary weapons at respective ranges with strafing) and you can’t move.

Then they add carrying turrets in H3. Kill times still slightly too slow and during the beta, I was so excited to redeploy the turret in places I see fit… And you couldn’t do it. Why? The whole point of a turret is that its very powerful but stationary. I can’t see why rip turret off and redeploy couldn’t be the same button? Rip turret off for movement with it and innaccurate fire, Redeploy turret for controlled accurate fire, but no mobility. A useful turret is can be an interesting dynamic to a game.

As for putting them on mongeese. Hmm… Im assuming this is with a gunner on the turret thats been lashed to the back. I can’t visualize an angle where he can shoot forward without killing the driver or knock the driver out as he pivots the turret. Additionally, and probibally most importantly, the warthog takes the vehiclular role of mobile turret. Mongeese were/are essentially for transport. Adding the ability to add turrets to them would feel “little brother”-esque to the warthog.

> This is what I don’t understand. Turrets are fundamentally useless. Kill times are too slow (slightly less than par with primary weapons at respective ranges with strafing) and you can’t move.
>
> Then they add carrying turrets in H3. Kill times still slightly too slow and during the beta, I was so excited to redeploy the turret in places I see fit… And you couldn’t do it. Why? The whole point of a turret is that its very powerful but stationary. I can’t see why rip turret off and redeploy couldn’t be the same button? Rip turret off for movement with it and innaccurate fire, Redeploy turret for controlled accurate fire, but no mobility. A useful turret is can be an interesting dynamic to a game.
>
> As for putting them on mongeese. Hmm… Im assuming this is with a gunner on the turret thats been lashed to the back. I can’t visualize an angle where he can shoot forward without killing the driver or knock the driver out as he pivots the turret. Additionally, and probibally most importantly, the warthog takes the vehiclular role of mobile turret. Mongeese were/are essentially for transport. Adding the ability to add turrets to them would feel “little brother”-esque to the warthog.

They can always slightly tweak the height of the mongoose’s rear to the point that a gunner can smoothly turn their turret without effecting driver.

Unlikely to happen, Mongooses are really light vehicles.

So a baby hog eh?.. the Piglet!

OT: Nice idea. Sounds interesting.

Personally i feel that because of how light a mongoose is the only time it could be effective in combat is hit an run using a power weapon. Run by with a weapon like the rocket launcher or railgun, hit hard and fast (hopefully do some lasting damage) and then escape before they can kill you. mounting a turret would i think be less effective than that, and i agree that it kind of has no advantage over the hog. The speed increase I think is not worth the reduction in both armor and damage.

> So a baby hog eh?.. the Piglet!
>
> OT: Nice idea. Sounds interesting.

I lol’d pretty hard at the Piglet thing. Or maybe they can call it the Pork Chop.

Where would the gunner sit?

> Where would the gunner sit?

Passanger seat(technically he’s slightly standing). The mongoose driver is usually leaned forward and the camera is pulled out far enough for the driver to see everything that’s going on despite the mounted turret.

> > So a baby hog eh?.. the Piglet!
> >
> > OT: Nice idea. Sounds interesting.
>
> I lol’d pretty hard at the Piglet thing. Or maybe they can call it the Pork Chop.

Oh no! the enemy team has two pork chops with plasma cannons!!!

Sounds like a good name. lol.

YES!
im tired of standing on top of the mongoose with the turret and telling the driver to be carful (and yes, i do this all the time).

> YES!
> im tired of standing on top of the mongoose with the turret and telling the driver to be carful (and yes, i do this all the time).

I think we’ve all been in that position before, haha

Rig a little magnum turret on the back!

Pew pew!

> > Where would the gunner sit?
>
> Passanger seat(technically he’s slightly standing). The mongoose driver is usually leaned forward and the camera is pulled out far enough for the driver to see everything that’s going on despite the mounted turret.

Possibly, but I do not see enough space for a turret and gunner on this.

Also, there isn’t any space for the gunner to rotate 360 degrees with the turret. You’d only be able to fire straight.

I don’t mean to ruin the fun!

Because we have warthogs and you can already use any gun from the passenger seat of a mongoose.

> > > Where would the gunner sit?
> >
> > Passanger seat(technically he’s slightly standing). The mongoose driver is usually leaned forward and the camera is pulled out far enough for the driver to see everything that’s going on despite the mounted turret.
>
> Possibly, but I do not see enough space for a turret and gunner on this.
>
> Also, there isn’t any space for the gunner to rotate 360 degrees with the turret. You’d only be able to fire straight.
>
> I don’t mean to ruin the fun!

I never said full 360 degree rotation. More like 180 degrees, and I’m also saying that the height of the mongooses rear could be tweaked for features like this.

> > > > Where would the gunner sit?
> > >
> > > Passanger seat(technically he’s slightly standing). The mongoose driver is usually leaned forward and the camera is pulled out far enough for the driver to see everything that’s going on despite the mounted turret.
> >
> > Possibly, but I do not see enough space for a turret and gunner on this.
> >
> > Also, there isn’t any space for the gunner to rotate 360 degrees with the turret. You’d only be able to fire straight.
> >
> > I don’t mean to ruin the fun!
>
> I never said full 360 degree rotation. More like 180 degrees, and I’m also saying that the height of the mongooses rear could be tweaked for features like this.

I see! If it is implemented then, I wouldn’t complain :slight_smile: