Mounted Turrets need to be fixed/changed.

First off I mean MOUNTED turrets. I wont get into vehicle mounted turrets. Not really worth it.

In Halo 2 the turrets were amazing, I remember in Waterworks and Containment I used to kill TANKS Yes Tanks, Friggen Wraiths and Scorpions with the little -Yoink!- turret. It was awesome. Remember TOP, It worked, It was amazing.

In Halo 3 the turret could be used as a weapon, Which meant Bungie made it weak and doo-doo status. The thing sucked, yet, at times it had it’s uses.

In Halo Reach it, what seems to me, got even worse. Halo 3 it was bad enough, but Halo Reach it seemed even more useless.

Halo 4 needs some changin. And here’s how

First off no Battle Rifle or DMR or any rifle should be able to kill a turret at mid-close range. It’s a turret. If you are out in the open, you die. A skilled player will not be rushing a Turret in an open field. Sadly in Halo 3 and Halo Reach any smuck with a Battle Rifle can win against a mounted turret. Sorry but “OMG SKILL” does not apply when open fields are envolved. Good players will take cover, Turrets should promote this. Not promote “GO IN MIDDLE OF THE WORLD LOL KILL ALL”

Second Off

Have two of each type of turret. For Covenant and Human (I won’t get into other faction b/c we don’t know what they have yet)

Light Human
This is just a Halo 3. Halo Reach type of turret. It is weak, has limited range, limited ammo (when picked up). However unlike the Halo 3/Reach version it would be nice if could be re-mounted as well. Overall, weak, but balanced.

Heavy Human

This is the Halo 2 style turret. Slower ROF, but beefy. It can not be picked up. It’s put somewhere, and it stays. It can be destroyed, but only after a lot of firepower. This weapon has much longer effective range (aprox 25-50% more range then light turrets). And has enough stomping power to take down a tank in a few seconds. Spartans be WARNED. This is not a turret you Halo 3/Reach style.

Light Covenant
This is the weakest of the turrets. However has a slight stun to it and high ROF. It’s similar to the Human Light as well, same range, and can be re-mounted. Stun is it’s glory.

Heavy Covenant

This has the slowest ROF of them all. However it does the most damage (about 5-10% more then the Human Heavy. As well as having even more stun then the Covenant Light. It can not be picked up, of course, and takes a ton of damage to destroy. It will be hard to aim at distances, however a single shot can stun a tank for .5 seconds, and a single shot to a Banshee or Falcon can disable it for .5 seconds as well.

Now light turrets are what you’d find in most small-mid sized maps. And they work like they did in Halo 3 and Reach. However heavy turrets are only for BTB and bigger maps. Most maps will only have 2-3 of them by default, and LONG spawning times.

Yes TOP can be done again

Someone Give this man a medal, Finally someone realizes how underpowered turret have become!

Not bad ideas… but I agree about the turret strength. I never use turrets in Reach. I at least hope they decrease the spread and increase the range.

I agree, the Halo 2 turret system was absolute perfection. The ones in Halo Reach are complete garbage.

Genius. Pure Genius.

The turret really does need to be brought in line in terms of lethality compared to the other weapons. Your posting a good idea here.

Totally agree, i never pick up the turret on reach cause its really bad. When i pick up a turret i should feel like jesse ventura in predator, destroying everything in my path. Instead i die instantly…just like jesse ventura did. Hopefully they will fix the turrets in Halo 4 cause although it dosen’t seem like a big deal, its the little things like that make me like or hate the game that wee bit more.

> First off I mean MOUNTED turrets. I wont get into vehicle mounted turrets. Not really worth it.
>
> In Halo 2 the turrets were amazing, I remember in Waterworks and Containment I used to kill TANKS Yes Tanks, Friggen Wraiths and Scorpions with the little -Yoink!- turret. It was awesome. Remember TOP, It worked, It was amazing.
>
> In Halo 3 the turret could be used as a weapon, Which meant Bungie made it weak and doo-doo status. The thing sucked, yet, at times it had it’s uses.
>
> In Halo Reach it, what seems to me, got even worse. Halo 3 it was bad enough, but Halo Reach it seemed even more useless.
>
> Halo 4 needs some changin. And here’s how
>
> First off no Battle Rifle or DMR or any rifle should be able to kill a turret at mid-close range. It’s a turret. If you are out in the open, you die. A skilled player will not be rushing a Turret in an open field. Sadly in Halo 3 and Halo Reach any smuck with a Battle Rifle can win against a mounted turret. Sorry but “OMG SKILL” does not apply when open fields are envolved. Good players will take cover, Turrets should promote this. Not promote “GO IN MIDDLE OF THE WORLD LOL KILL ALL”
>
>
> Second Off
>
> Have two of each type of turret. For Covenant and Human (I won’t get into other faction b/c we don’t know what they have yet)
>
> Light Human
> This is just a Halo 3. Halo Reach type of turret. It is weak, has limited range, limited ammo (when picked up). However unlike the Halo 3/Reach version it would be nice if could be re-mounted as well. Overall, weak, but balanced.
>
>
> Heavy Human
>
> This is the Halo 2 style turret. Slower ROF, but beefy. It can not be picked up. It’s put somewhere, and it stays. It can be destroyed, but only after a lot of firepower. This weapon has much longer effective range (aprox 25-50% more range then light turrets). And has enough stomping power to take down a tank in a few seconds. Spartans be WARNED. This is not a turret you Halo 3/Reach style.
>
> Light Covenant
> This is the weakest of the turrets. However has a slight stun to it and high ROF. It’s similar to the Human Light as well, same range, and can be re-mounted. Stun is it’s glory.
>
> Heavy Covenant
>
> This has the slowest ROF of them all. However it does the most damage (about 5-10% more then the Human Heavy. As well as having even more stun then the Covenant Light. It can not be picked up, of course, and takes a ton of damage to destroy. It will be hard to aim at distances, however a single shot can stun a tank for .5 seconds, and a single shot to a Banshee or Falcon can disable it for .5 seconds as well.
>
>
>
>
>
> Now light turrets are what you’d find in most small-mid sized maps. And they work like they did in Halo 3 and Reach. However heavy turrets are only for BTB and bigger maps. Most maps will only have 2-3 of them by default, and LONG spawning times.
>
> Yes TOP can be done again

Just yes!

Thank you. And hey if they dont wannt do Light and Heavy then just get rid of pick-able turrets (like Halo3/Reach) they aren’t that needed. I think I’d rather have mounted turrets that work and are set, then ones I could carry around and do doo doo.

However some more info (just ideas, which I may change, I need to play Halo 2 and test some things out)

Human Light
Damage-Similar to Halo3/Reach.

ROF-Fairy fast. Like Halo3 (Starts slow, gains ROF overtime)

Type-Single Barreled (Halo Reach style)

Range_
-Close-Perfect range. Does good damage. Accuarcy is good.
-Mid Range-Fair. Bullet spread a lot more.
-Long Range-Bullets spread A LOT. Making it nearly useless.

Human Heavy
Damage-Similar to Halo 2 (either way, Strong)

ROF-Slow. I guess the best way is the Halo 2 Needler type of ROF, but a tad big quicker (Between Halo 2 ROF and Needler)

Type-Gatling Gun. 3 Barreled (like warthog).

Range
-Close-Very well. However slow ROF means it could face some minor problems…
-Mid Range-Perfect. Bullets do spread slightly but the damage makes up for it, a lot.
-Long Range-Still shines. Bullets spread a bit but not as much as the Light. Meaning it has some long range ability (yet I wouldn’t be using it accross maps to kill players)

Covenant Light
Damage-Very little. The weakest of turrets. Yet stuns players and vehicles alike (players much more)

ROF-Very quick. And fairy accurate even with such a huge ROF.

Type-Short stocky turret. Similar to Halo 3/Reach.

Range
-Close-Well. With stun it means it has some use at this range.
-Mid Range-Does fairy well. Plasma bolts don’t spread as much at all.
-Long Range-N/A. The plasma will drop over time (arcing it)

Covenant Heavy
Damage-Very high. Literally doing the most damage of any (known) turret.

ROF-Very slow. Think of the Halo 2 heavy turret, or the Halo 3 Ball Turret.

Type-Similar to the Halo3/Reach Ball Turrets. With some more badassery.

Range
-Close-It can work, for sure, Yet being in a “ball” makes it pretty bad. Don’t let enemies get too close.
-Mid Range-Works like a charm. The Plasma moves slow so this is a very good range.
-Long Range-Since this weapon has no “Bullet Spread” long range works. Plasma does not drop. Works fine, Yet you will need to lead your shots!

Human Light Turret: Newer version of the M247 GPMG

Human Heavy: Newer version of either the AIE-486 HMG or the N247H HMG

Covy Light: T-42 Plasma Cannon

Covy Heavy: T-52 Plasma Cannon

> Covenant Heavy
> Damage-Very high. Literally doing the most damage of any (known) turret.
>
> ROF-Very slow. Think of the Halo 2 heavy turret, or the Halo 3 Ball Turret.
>
> Type-Similar to the Halo3/Reach Ball Turrets. With some more badassery.
>
> Range
> -Close-It can work, for sure, Yet being in a “ball” makes it pretty bad. Don’t let enemies get too close.
> -Mid Range-Works like a charm. The Plasma moves slow so this is a very good range.
> -Long Range-Since this weapon has no “Bullet Spread” long range works. Plasma does not drop. Works fine, Yet you will need to lead your shots!

You mean the T-26 Shades? Would you support the Fuel Rod Cannon varient for Heavies Maps?

Yes, I do agree that the turrets in H3 and Reach have been largely useless and largely ignored in battle because their power is brought down by their massive reticules and how vulnerable the user becomes if they try to heft it around.

But shredding tanks? Too much in my mind.

Yes, turrets have been lacking. The need a buff. Reach turret is just pathetic. I’ve had way more luck with the halo 3 ones.

Agreed. They nerfed them pretty hard. Especially in Reach. It had a overheat capability too.

Change that vehicle stun to vehicle slow and you have yourself a deal.

We could do “Slow”, I assume you mean the kind of “stun/slow” the ghost did to the scorpion in Halo:CE?

Anyway. Somewhat mentioned putting the Fuel Rod Cannon variant of the Covenant Heavy. So I have two more turret ideas. Special ones :).

Human Anti Heavy Mortar
-Instead of having a Rocket Launcher which would be typical, I thought to bring in something a little less seen on the Humans side.

The weapon is a mortar/grenade launcher. It can be shot straight, however it arcs. The beauty of this weapon is while aiming you can literally aim “up” but your player will still be looking forward (Allowing you to bomb areas and still see them).

Damage- This weapon does a well amount of damage. One direct hit to kill a spartan, and the splash damage would be 3/4ths that of a rocket launcher. It also will easily flip a warthog to a firey ball or give a Scorpion a nice kick.

ROF- Fairly slow. 25% slower then the Halo3 Missile Pod.

Range__

-Close-Not such a good idea. Possible suicide.
-Med -Works well but will take time to angle your shots and lead them. Not too well.
-Long-Perfect. A player could lay down bombs down an areas and force an enemy back or forward into the fire.

Covenant Fuel Rod Turret
-This is not the same as the Halo Reach variant, nor any before it. Due to the fact Fuel Rods are way too slow and it needs a change. This will work a lot diffrent then it’s hand held counterpart.

The Weapon fires fast moving “red” fuel rods. They do heavy damage, but overheat guns quickly. A never before seen fuel rod cannon. This gun fires as quickly as the Fuel Rod you know, Yet every 3 shots it will overheat, with a 3 second cool time. Making it a literal “Battle Rifle” of the turrets.

Damage-Heavy. Those 3 shots can easily mess up a tank. So a single shot to a Spartan is assumed to be fatal.

ROF-3 with 3 second cool down. Rods move at 15% faster then normal “green” Fuel Rods.

Range___

-Close-Terrible. The splash damage will most likely wipe you out too, Or a nearby team mate.
-Mid Range-Perfect range. Keep it here.
-Long Range-Even with faster moving “Rods” it’s still not a perfect one for this range.