Motion Comic Maturness in Halo 4?

As we all know, Bungie’s Halo games are probably the cleanest M rated games. The F word is never heard and the gruesome level is nowhere near as comapred to Gears of War.
I was suprised that 343i approved of the F word and the gruesome level of detail in the motion comics (Mona Lisa and Midlothian are great examples.) Now I’m not saying I’m against this stuff, I like it. To me, the true nature of the Flood is revealed in The Mona Lisa motion comic. They actually seemed like they are a disgusting plague that could have nearly destroyed an entire galaxy.
Do you guys want this level of Maturity in Halo 4? I sure do. If the Flood are in Halo 4, I want them to be as scarry as the Necromorphs are in Dead Space 2. I want there to be cursing. I want maturity. Not a Teen rated game with a little bit of blood.

As long as they don’t make every single NPC say the F word every 5 minutes, then I would like it, Call of Duty’s Campaign does that too often.

I do not want this level of immaturity in halo 4.

Now I’m not saying I want to hear the F word every single minute, but all I’m saying is that it wouldn’t hurt anybody if it was heard in the game. Also I hope the gore level goes up a bit.

> As long as they don’t make every single NPC say the F word every 5 minutes, then I would like it, Call of Duty’s Campaign does that too often.

Ramirez do everything!

Old meme is old but fitting.

> The F word is never heard

Actually not. In Halo 3 on Heroic and Legendary with the IWHBYD skull on, I have had Grunts call me a mother-blam!-er, chuck grenades and say “-Blam!- you!” and I’ve had a Brute tell me it was going to rip my -Blam!-ing skull out. It’s rare, but it happened.

> As long as they don’t make every single NPC say the F word every 5 minutes.

We have Grayson Hunt and Bulletstorm for that. :stuck_out_tongue:

On topic, I wouldn’t mind if they took more advantage of the Mature rating. Halo’s depiction of the war in the games always felt a bit too…nice. If I’ve learned anything about humanity while I’ve been alive, when it really hits the fans, there are no restriction on language, action, etc. Hell, I wouldn’t mind once seeing a marine flip off something after killing it, like an Elite, since that Elite should cream a marine one-on-one. But like Moa said, as long as they don’t over due it.

In the “Et Tu Brute?” vidoc, it showed an unused animation of a Brute ripping a Marine’s arms off. If I saw that in the game I would be like “Oh crap run away time.”

> I do not want this level of immaturity in halo 4.

Agreed. If your going to make a mature rated game, then be mature while making it. Swearing in a game does not make a game better. It actually decreases the quality of the game.

The motion comic had swearing because the story had swearing. It’s a mature book based on a mature game. The only reason the swearing was there was to convey the stress on the characters. The people who pay attention to a rating and want gratuitous amounts of swearing or violence to justify it are too stupid to be playing a mature game. If that’s what you want go play Duke Nukem and leave games like Halo and Mass Effect alone.

> > I do not want this level of immaturity in halo 4.
>
> Agreed. If your going to make a mature rated game, then be mature while making it. Swearing in a game does not make a game better. It actually decreases the quality of the game.

If you were in a war zone surrounded by 7 foot tall aliens trying to rip you limb from limb I think you would say the F word a few times while running for your life.

I support a more “mature” tone in Halo. As long as its not overdone I’m all for it.

> > > I do not want this level of immaturity in halo 4.
> >
> > Agreed. If your going to make a mature rated game, then be mature while making it. Swearing in a game does not make a game better. It actually decreases the quality of the game.
>
> If you were in a war zone surrounded by 7 foot tall aliens trying to rip you limb from limb I think you would say the F word a few times while running for your life.
>
> I support a more “mature” tone in Halo. As long as its not overdone I’m all for it.

Yeah, no one would be saying “well gosh darn, I hope them fellas don’t hurt me” you would freeze up and be like “sh$t, sh$t, f^ck! Run!”

> > > I do not want this level of immaturity in halo 4.
> >
> > Agreed. If your going to make a mature rated game, then be mature while making it. Swearing in a game does not make a game better. It actually decreases the quality of the game.
>
> If you were in a war zone surrounded by 7 foot tall aliens trying to rip you limb from limb I think you would say the F word a few times while running for your life.
>
> I support a more “mature” tone in Halo. As long as its not overdone I’m all for it.

This. I’m guessing people would swear quite often in any kind of war situation. As long as it isn’t said really casually every minute or so I don’t see what the problem is.

Reason why the level of gore and the profanity is down played so it passes as a teen leveled violence rating is to get the maximum of sales as possible and so that people of all ages can play it without parents worrying about their children being exposed to themes that are unsuited to their respective age group. Now I personally don’t mind gore or the language as long as it isn’t over played. You also have to keep in mind that Master Chief doesn’t have any marines around him to do the cussing and having either Cortana or MC using the expletives would place them as out of character and wouldn’t go well with true Halo fans. In any case gore can be increased, but at the same time there should be parental controls put into place to keep parents content as to not effect game sales negatively.

Just dropped in to say that “maturness” isn’t a word. Maturity is what you’re looking for.

Also, cussing isn’t a show of maturity. I am almost 100% certain that everyone who requests excessive gore and explicit language is under the age of 16. Not exactly the paragon of maturity.

I’m not opposed to profanity. I use it. But to request it is silly. It isn’t necessary, and it wont improve the game. If it happens, it happens. But it certainly isn’t a requirement. And I will be severely disappointed if it becomes commonplace.

> > > > I do not want this level of immaturity in halo 4.
> > >
> > > Agreed. If your going to make a mature rated game, then be mature while making it. Swearing in a game does not make a game better. It actually decreases the quality of the game.
> >
> > If you were in a war zone surrounded by 7 foot tall aliens trying to rip you limb from limb I think you would say the F word a few times while running for your life.
> >
> > I support a more “mature” tone in Halo. As long as its not overdone I’m all for it.
>
> Yeah, no one would be saying “well gosh darn, I hope them fellas don’t hurt me” you would freeze up and be like “sh$t, sh$t, f^ck! Run!”

No… I wouldn’t… I still wouldn’t…

> > > > > I do not want this level of immaturity in halo 4.
> > > >
> > > > Agreed. If your going to make a mature rated game, then be mature while making it. Swearing in a game does not make a game better. It actually decreases the quality of the game.
> > >
> > > If you were in a war zone surrounded by 7 foot tall aliens trying to rip you limb from limb I think you would say the F word a few times while running for your life.
> > >
> > > I support a more “mature” tone in Halo. As long as its not overdone I’m all for it.
> >
> > Yeah, no one would be saying “well gosh darn, I hope them fellas don’t hurt me” you would freeze up and be like “sh$t, sh$t, f^ck! Run!”
>
> No… I wouldn’t… I still wouldn’t…

Yes you would. You’re not a 6-foot tall war machine with titanium alloy body armor giving you the strength to juggle cars. You would be swearing left and right while running for your life if something like that happened.

I’m not against a more mature tone, but if there is, I think they should add a filter option, similar to CoD: BO. That way everybody would be happy; those that want a grittier, more realistic scenario, and those that would rather not hear profanity while playing, for whatever reason. I honestly don’t know why more games don’t have this option. It’s simple, effective, and allows you to advertise to a wider range of audiences.

> > > > > > I do not want this level of immaturity in halo 4.
> > > > >
> > > > > Agreed. If your going to make a mature rated game, then be mature while making it. Swearing in a game does not make a game better. It actually decreases the quality of the game.
> > > >
> > > > If you were in a war zone surrounded by 7 foot tall aliens trying to rip you limb from limb I think you would say the F word a few times while running for your life.
> > > >
> > > > I support a more “mature” tone in Halo. As long as its not overdone I’m all for it.
> > >
> > > Yeah, no one would be saying “well gosh darn, I hope them fellas don’t hurt me” you would freeze up and be like “sh$t, sh$t, f^ck! Run!”
> >
> > No… I wouldn’t… I still wouldn’t…
>
> Yes you would. You’re not a 6-foot tall war machine with titanium alloy body armor giving you the strength to juggle cars. You would be swearing left and right while running for your life if something like that happened.
>
> I’m not against a more mature tone, but if there is, I think they should add a filter option, similar to CoD: BO. That way everybody would be happy; those that want a grittier, more realistic scenario, and those that would rather not hear profanity while playing, for whatever reason. I honestly don’t know why more games don’t have this option. It’s simple, effective, and allows you to advertise to a wider range of audiences.

No I wouldn’t.
Trust me, I know myself.

Cuss words are not needed to be mature, I hate when people say that.
Also the ODSTs on The package will say the F word every now and then.

I liked The Heart of Midlothian, it was funny,epic and sad. IMO I would love it if we get to hear someone shoot out some profanities in other Halo games.