Most Vehicles are OP

Here are some key issues with the vehicles in this game.

Gauss Hog - This vehicle turns the worst of players into a superstar, I’ve played against people that have done terrible k/d wise in one game then the next they lead with 20+ kills because they were uncontested in the gauss hog, if that doesn’t show the vehicle is OP I don’t know what does. Make it 2 shots on a spartan to kill, first shot drains entire shield. Too easy to use and too powerful.

Scorpian/Wraith - These vehicles used to take precise shooting and skill to get kills now all you have to do is hit within a 10ft area of an enemy and get a kill… radius and damage are way too high.

Ghost - No longer do you get boarded when you do something dumb like boost into a wall after trying to splat someone. When turning around you can ‘back over’ enemies, the collision detection for all vehicles needs reworking. In Halo 2 you had to hit someone dead center of the Ghost to splatter. In Halo 4 if you scrap someone while driving the ghost you get a splatter.

Banshee - Take away bomb. Too powerful, too easily abused with strafing runs. Remove max angle climb and dive. Fix the weirdness to the rolling. Constant gradual damage done to the banshee when scrapping/boosting on the ground. Splattering people while holding boost button skimming the ground is nubby, fix it. Elevation not high enough for banshee to be useful, fix it.

Lastly, I miss most how vehicles were tied to your shielding rather than having their own un-determinable health bar. Removes the skill of shooting at the driver in most cases instead just lazily shooting vehicle till it blows up. Key areas to shoot to do more damage… sure, anyone remember the gas-tank on the ghost… point given.

Lots to fix 343 please rectify these.

Yes, but how often do these vehicles show up. You talk about attacking, what about a vehicle’s defense. I rest my case.

All of these vehicles (especially the ghost and the banshee) are made out of tissue paper. I usually avoid the ghost and mantis now because of the DMR. The DMR is a pain in the -Yoink- to any vehicle driver, anywhere.

Not OP when stickies are around

> All of these vehicles (especially the ghost and the banshee) are made out of tissue paper. I usually avoid the ghost and mantis now because of the DMR. The DMR is a pain in the -Yoink!- to any vehicle driver, anywhere.

Meh, I like the ghost but like I said earlier, if someone wants to kill you. It won’t be long until that ghost is flaming like a bonfire.

Vehicles? Overpowered? With PP and Stickies as a Loadout Option?

You must be kidding.

I am a dean at Troll State University and I need to apologize for what one of our students has done here. I’m afraid we’ll have to send him back to remedial classes.

> Vehicles? Overpowered? With PP and Stickies as a Loadout Option?
>
> You must be kidding.

This.

On top of that, most of the vehicles are made of wet tissue paper. Vehicles need a BUFF, not a nerf. No way in hell do they need to be nerfed. Bring back the vehicles of Halo 3, that’s what we need.

>
> You must be kidding.

This is one of the problems of loadouts and “class based” shooters, it has little to do with choosing what preference you may have and more so about being assimilated into particular weaponry because of the unbalanced sandbox.

I don’t care what people say but the Banshee takes skill! Sure to a good pilot it may seem OP, but countless times I have seen a teammate grab it on ragnarock and fly straight to the other side never to return. You have to be sneaky in it otherwise you will die.

More times than not I end up shooting the driver of a ghost before it blows up. But in your defense I do get splattered more and it does blow up easier compared to earlier games.

The Gauss hog is bad -Yoink-… It’s supposed to be.

The Scorpion gets easier kills but dies way sooner than earlier games.

Mantis, maybe I’m doing it wrong but I get more assists than kills using it.

The mongoose… drives slower in water!

> > Vehicles? Overpowered? With PP and Stickies as a Loadout Option?
> >
> > You must be kidding.
>
> This is one of the problems of loadouts and “class based” shooters, it has little to do with choosing what preference you may have and more so about being assimilated into particular weaponry because of the unbalanced sandbox.

The “unbalanced sandbox” as in people spawn with plasma pistols in BTB now because vehicles will wreck you if you don’t?

I see what your saying, good point!!!

>
> You must be kidding.

And Halo 4’s vehicles are a lot weaker than the ones from the other Halo games.

U srs?

Please answer this

Sounds like SOMEONE forgot that everyone can spawn with a Plasma Pistol…The Banshee is too powerful because of strafing runs? That’s how airstrikes work in real life. If you’re still getting splattered from a Ghost, you’re playing wrong (and so is the Ghost driver).

The Tank & Gauss cancel each-other out as far as I’m concerned. Tanks are supposed to be powerful (and since the shots arc over distance now, I’d say Scorpions are harder precision weapons)…the Guass is a friggin beam rifle attached to a motor, but as that motor is attached to a Warthog, it requires steady, reserve driving…If the enemy has one and is racking up kills, 9-times out of 10 it’s because your team keeps rushing towards it rather than staying on your side. If the Gauss has to drive in to get its kills, it’s tons easier to destroy.

i pwn every single one of these vehicles on foot. alone. O_o

the banshee lasts the longest if your team doesn’t focus on it or take it down with power weapons. the mantis comes in second, but is easily rushable if you wait for the right opportunity.

seriously. yesterday on ragnarok, i took out a warthog with 3 people in it with 2 plasma grenades, ran up to the enemy mantis from his right (he was busy shooting at my team’s base), boarded and crushed it, then advanced up to the mounted turret, snapped it from the base and took out the banshee. all in about 1:40. this was a particularly epic run for me, though. i saved that baby in my fileshare for sure haha. i’m no pro. my kd’s like 1.3.

still, vehicles are not OP. at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I drank to much coffee and passed out into a dream… or the community is acting strange…er. Vehicles are in no way shape or form OP…

The Gauss Hog is the strongest Vehicle in the game, and is overpowered, even with Plasma and Sticky loadouts
It’s a rocket sniper on wheels, and the gunner has too much protection, and you don’t even have to be a good aim to kill people with it.

…that’s the ONLY vehicle I agree with you on…

Scorpion - Moves slower than in previous games, turret rotates at a pathetic speed, the tank round is slow, and has the longest cool down period since Halo CE. It’s overall defenses have been lowered as well, a full team of DMRs shooting it will kill it in 10 seconds

Wraith - It slides more than in previous games drastically reducing it’s mobility, the only map it’s on is riddled with poor terrain making this even worse. It’s shot drops too quickly in this game, and, like the Scorpion, it’s overall defense has been horribly reduced

Banshee and Ghost - Both of these have NO DEFENSE. You can kill these vehicles long before they get in range to do any damage. Probably the only OP trait this game is that the Ghosts Boosters almost never run out, everything else about it is worse.
The banshee got horribly downgraded in every way from previous games. Doing Flips and barrel rolls is suicide now because you’d be better off just turning and boost to evade in this game with it.

Drivers/Gunners still have separate hit boxes than the vehicles themselves. You can still snipe out gunners, blast off the tank/wraith’s cockpit, and directly kill turret users.

Vehicles got WORSE in this game, to the point where using any of them is a death trap for yourself, unless it’s the Gauss or mantis.

Vehicle balance must be tough to get right. They seem to be both OP yet very vulnerable, and it seems this makes nobody happy.

To begin with, we should be asking ourselves how vehicles are being used, because I can tell you that they made be made out of cardboard, but I’ve seen skilled players get 12 kills with a Banshee, 21 with a Scorpion etc but also have witnessed the Gauss Hog get destroyed within the first minute on Exile because of a well coordinated attack by the enemy team

Somewhere in between there may be a balance between power and armour, but ultimately there are two things at play: how a vehicle is used, and what the remaining players on foot choose to do. For example, instead of charging a tank, stay in cover and pick off the foot soldiers who are using the tank for safety

Alternately, protect a vehicle by watching for PP and sticky attempts, or someone charging towards it once a PP has hit it. You should take them down before they can reach your teammate vehicle

What?

The only OP vehicle is the Gauss, which needs to have a two shot kill. It should be better against vehicles. (Rockethog is perfect, apart from regular warthog flaws.)

Scorpion: Needs a speed boost
Wraith: Needs a speed boost
Mantis: Needs a health boost and cooldown reduction
Ghost: Needs a weapons boost and a MAJOR health boost
Banshee: Needs a plasma cannon boost, FRG is fine
Warthog: Needs a health boost
Mongoose: Needs a slight roll-over decrease