Most Likely Dual-wield

This is how I think it will be in Halo 4, as this is how it was in H2/H3, and the Mark VI armor allows for tracking of two weapons used by the wearer. So this means:

Most likely, the SMG will return, the Magnum will probably be pretty weak with no 2x zoom optic, which stinks, I love the powerful Magnums in Halo CE, ODST, and Reach. However, I think its possible they could make single-wield 2x zoom, but if you dual-wield them, you can’t but of course double the firepower.

the CE magnum will most likley not return so it might have an approach like the halo 3 magnum which in my opinion was not to strong not to weak and had a mid ranged firing speed

> the CE magnum will most likley not return so it might have an approach like the halo 3 magnum which in my opinion was not to strong not to weak and had a mid ranged firing speed

I’m not saying the Halo CE Magnum should return, but a different Magnum with a 2x scope that is only available with single wield, and not as powerful.

The Halo 3 magnum was underpowered, the fire rate was very slow.

Please no dual wielding.

Not only is it militarily unrealistic, it causes all kinds of balance problems.

> Please no dual wielding.
>
> Not only is it militarily unrealistic, it causes all kinds of balance problems.

I agree, but it will most likely happen. :confused:

> This is how I think it will be in Halo 4, as this is how it was in H2/H3, and the Mark VI armor allows for tracking of two weapons used by the wearer. So this means:
>
> <mark>Most likely, the SMG will return, the Magnum will probably be pretty weak with no 2x zoom optic, which stinks, I love the powerful Magnums in Halo CE, ODST, and Reach. However, I think its possible they could make single-wield 2x zoom, but if you dual-wield them, you can’t but of course double the firepower.</mark>

Aweh yeah, how awesome would that be?! :smiley:

Frack NOOOOOO. Then you wind up with a bunch of half weapons and the weapons sandbox becomes impossible to balance, either dual wielding is effective and there goes melee and grenades, or if melee and grenades are not Halo 2’d into uselessness then dual wielding becomes pointless.

The ONLY thing dual wielding does is look cool to stupid people. A thousand times nooooo

> Frack NOOOOOO. Then you wind up with a bunch of half weapons and the weapons sandbox becomes impossible to balance, either dual wielding is effective and there goes melee and grenades, or if melee and grenades are not Halo 2’d into uselessness then dual wielding becomes pointless.
>
> The ONLY thing dual wielding does is look cool to stupid people. A thousand times nooooo

Or you could allow you to melee and throw grenades when you dual wield. Personally I want it to come back. It was fun, and that’s the primary reason to play a video game for me. To have fun.

What third hand are you using to chuck the grenades?

> What third hand are you using to chuck the grenades?

Holster a weapon. Throw grenade. Redraw weapon. Not rocket science.

why not have dual wieldable weapons have “special abilities” that are removed when used in conjunction with another weapon. ie: scope on pistol and SMG is removed, no plasma freeze on sentinel beams and plasma weapons, ect

> > What third hand are you using to chuck the grenades?
>
> Holster a weapon. Throw grenade. Redraw weapon. Not rocket science.

And in the time you’ve taken to do that your target has either gone to cover or more likely killed you. Certainly in mulitplayer this would absolutely be a free kill given the time it would take. I’d love an opponent who did this, not only is he telegraphing his attack but he’s reducing his combat power at the same time (he can only shoot one weapon at me while fumbling around).

No more half weapons. Halo has enough issues getting a proper weapon sandbox built as it is!

> > > What third hand are you using to chuck the grenades?
> >
> > Holster a weapon. Throw grenade. Redraw weapon. Not rocket science.
>
> And in the time you’ve taken to do that your target has either gone to cover or more likely killed you. Certainly in mulitplayer this would absolutely be a free kill given the time it would take. I’d love an opponent who did this, not only is he telegraphing his attack but he’s reducing his combat power at the same time (he can only shoot one weapon at me while fumbling around).
>
> No more half weapons. Halo has enough issues getting a proper weapon sandbox built as it is!

He’s not actually fumbling though is he? In real life he might be, but not in Halo. One move, quickly places his weapon on his magnetic holster. Next move, pulls out and throws the grenade. Final move, redraws his weapon. That would happen in the space of a couple of seconds.

> > > > What third hand are you using to chuck the grenades?
> > >
> > > Holster a weapon. Throw grenade. Redraw weapon. Not rocket science.
> >
> > And in the time you’ve taken to do that your target has either gone to cover or more likely killed you. Certainly in mulitplayer this would absolutely be a free kill given the time it would take. I’d love an opponent who did this, not only is he telegraphing his attack but he’s reducing his combat power at the same time (he can only shoot one weapon at me while fumbling around).
> >
> > No more half weapons. Halo has enough issues getting a proper weapon sandbox built as it is!
>
> He’s not actually fumbling though is he? In real life he might be, but not in Halo. One move, quickly places his weapon on his magnetic holster. Next move, pulls out and throws the grenade. Final move, redraws his weapon. That would happen in the space of a couple of seconds.

I think that it is not the plausibility of MC being able to preform this action that prevents it. The primary reason as to why this wouldn’t be implemented is because of a lack of buttons. One would have to give up independent reloads for this to be possible.

> > > > > What third hand are you using to chuck the grenades?
> > > >
> > > > Holster a weapon. Throw grenade. Redraw weapon. Not rocket science.
> > >
> > > And in the time you’ve taken to do that your target has either gone to cover or more likely killed you. Certainly in mulitplayer this would absolutely be a free kill given the time it would take. I’d love an opponent who did this, not only is he telegraphing his attack but he’s reducing his combat power at the same time (he can only shoot one weapon at me while fumbling around).
> > >
> > > No more half weapons. Halo has enough issues getting a proper weapon sandbox built as it is!
> >
> > He’s not actually fumbling though is he? In real life he might be, but not in Halo. One move, quickly places his weapon on his magnetic holster. Next move, pulls out and throws the grenade. Final move, redraws his weapon. That would happen in the space of a couple of seconds.
>
> I think that it is not the plausibility of MC being able to preform this action that prevents it. The primary reason as to why this wouldn’t be implemented is because of a lack of buttons. One would have to give up independent reloads for this to be possible.

Can’t zoom with dual wielded weapons though can you? There’s an extra button. Not to mention the Dpad that goes unused for the most part. Things can be further improved if they add custom button mapping.

For the sake of balance, I believe that you shouldn’t be allowed to use grenades if you dual-wield. I don’t want there to be dual-wield, I’m just pointing out that it will most likely be in Halo 4, as I also think I heard Frankie say he wanted us to feel like a SPARTAN-II as much as possible.

Why all the hate on duel wielding? It’s just a way of the player sacrificing grenades for more firepower… What’s next, hate on detatchable turrets? :confused:

> Please no dual wielding.
>
> Not only is it militarily unrealistic, it causes all kinds of balance problems.

You sir must never have played other Halo games or read Halo Canon.

Elites having Two Energy Swords, or H2 Dual UNSC weapons would be awesome for Halo 4!

> Why all the hate on duel wielding? It’s just a way of the player sacrificing grenades for more firepower… What’s next, hate on detatchable turrets? :confused:

NOOO! Dtachibl turets r teh wrst!!! burn dem all.