Most kills you've gotten in an Arena Slayer match.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/c58ec1eb-f816-4e3c-8c12-6c690dcf3ba8/players/pt%20faze%20tk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=32&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

My record is 26. I’ve gotten a few 25 kill games, but its really hard to break above 50% of your team’s kills.

Is it? Is it really that hard?

When there’s a guy on the other team with a career arena k/d of 0.141 and a 37% win rate then I would say that Halo 5’s skill assessment has come off the rails to call this guy a Silver 5. I’d say that Halo 5 matchmaking also came off the rails to put him in a match with two players on the opposing team who are more than a full tier higher in rank than he is. That poor schlub has been shafted by this game. I’m not trying to say that you’re not a solid player or a stand-up guy, but before you go getting all prideful about beating up on scrubs (if that’s what you’re doing), just remember that Halo used to aspire to close matches between players of equal skill, the kinds of matches that could be a source of pride for winner or loser.

Let’s see what I got:

• 21 - 2 in Arena (H2BR Slayer on Overgrowth) - 34 - 0 in BTB (Slayer on Guillotine) - 75 - 10 in Warzone (Escape from ARC)

Don’t know, but I recently went 24 and 4 in a ranked slayer match, and I regularly carry my team in the Master Chief Collection.

> 2535429593088083;3:
> Let’s see what I got:
> - 21 - 2 in Arena (H2BR Slayer on Overgrowth) - 34 - 0 in BTB (Slayer on Guillotine) - 75 - 10 in Warzone (Escape from ARC)

Where do you look this up?

i think this is on my other account i can’t remember but it was over 35.
both teams were scrubs but mine slightly more. the score was 50-49 i carried my team of scrubs to victory…

Highest kill I got in arena whether it’s social or ranked is 33 kills with no deaths.

> 2533274904158628;5:
> > 2535429593088083;3:
> > Let’s see what I got:
> > - 21 - 2 in Arena (H2BR Slayer on Overgrowth) - 34 - 0 in BTB (Slayer on Guillotine) - 75 - 10 in Warzone (Escape from ARC)
>
> Where do you look this up?

These were all from memory. :stuck_out_tongue:

34-10 on Empire, Strongholds, back then when team Skirmish was a Playlist

edit now it’s 54 Kills

> 2533274873843883;2:
> Is it? Is it really that hard?
>
> When there’s a guy on the other team with a career arena k/d of 0.141 and a 37% win rate then I would say that Halo 5’s skill assessment has come off the rails to call this guy a Silver 5. I’d say that Halo 5 matchmaking also came off the rails to put him in a match with two players on the opposing team who are more than a full tier higher in rank than he is. That poor schlub has been shafted by this game. I’m not trying to say that you’re not a solid player or a stand-up guy, but before you go getting all prideful about beating up on scrubs (if that’s what you’re doing), just remember that Halo used to aspire to close matches between players of equal skill, the kinds of matches that could be a source of pride for winner or loser.

If you looked a little further you would see that he was teamed up with someone that ended up placing Plat 3 in Slayer. So I think the ranking system was working fine for this game. He has a 60% win rate in Slayer.

I have quite a few close matches in Halo 5. The ranking system isn’t perfect, but it’s a lot better than you are making it out to be.

I do agree though this game is not one to highlight.

> 2533274863544717;10:
> > 2533274873843883;2:
> > Is it? Is it really that hard?
> >
> > When there’s a guy on the other team with a career arena k/d of 0.141 and a 37% win rate then I would say that Halo 5’s skill assessment has come off the rails to call this guy a Silver 5. I’d say that Halo 5 matchmaking also came off the rails to put him in a match with two players on the opposing team who are more than a full tier higher in rank than he is. That poor schlub has been shafted by this game. I’m not trying to say that you’re not a solid player or a stand-up guy, but before you go getting all prideful about beating up on scrubs (if that’s what you’re doing), just remember that Halo used to aspire to close matches between players of equal skill, the kinds of matches that could be a source of pride for winner or loser.
>
> If you looked a little further you would see that he was teamed up with someone that ended up placing Plat 3 in Slayer. So I think the ranking system was working fine for this game. He has a 60% win rate in Slayer.
>
> I have quite a few close matches in Halo 5. The ranking system is perfect, but it’s a lot better than you are making it out to be.
>
> I do agree though this game is not one to highlight.

Do you mean Halo 5 or his match?

I once got 21 kills, I don’t remember how many deaths, I am not the kind of guy that likes TDM style game modes, I prefer Objective based game modes, so I mainly play Team Arena.

> 2535429593088083;8:
> These were all from memory. :stuck_out_tongue:

I see. For me it’s probably like 5 or something because I barely played arena slayer at all :joy:

> 2535435415098702;11:
> > 2533274863544717;10:
> > > 2533274873843883;2:
> > > Is it? Is it really that hard?
> > >
> > > When there’s a guy on the other team with a career arena k/d of 0.141 and a 37% win rate then I would say that Halo 5’s skill assessment has come off the rails to call this guy a Silver 5. I’d say that Halo 5 matchmaking also came off the rails to put him in a match with two players on the opposing team who are more than a full tier higher in rank than he is. That poor schlub has been shafted by this game. I’m not trying to say that you’re not a solid player or a stand-up guy, but before you go getting all prideful about beating up on scrubs (if that’s what you’re doing), just remember that Halo used to aspire to close matches between players of equal skill, the kinds of matches that could be a source of pride for winner or loser.
> >
> > If you looked a little further you would see that he was teamed up with someone that ended up placing Plat 3 in Slayer. So I think the ranking system was working fine for this game. He has a 60% win rate in Slayer.
> >
> > I have quite a few close matches in Halo 5. The ranking system is perfect, but it’s a lot better than you are making it out to be.
> >
> > I do agree though this game is not one to highlight.
>
> Do you mean Halo 5 or his match?

Not sure what you are asking here. If you are referring to my statement I meant to say isn’t not is. I just now noticed it.

> 2533274863544717;10:
> > 2533274873843883;2:
> > Is it? Is it really that hard?
> >
> > When there’s a guy on the other team with a career arena k/d of 0.141 and a 37% win rate then I would say that Halo 5’s skill assessment has come off the rails to call this guy a Silver 5. I’d say that Halo 5 matchmaking also came off the rails to put him in a match with two players on the opposing team who are more than a full tier higher in rank than he is. That poor schlub has been shafted by this game. I’m not trying to say that you’re not a solid player or a stand-up guy, but before you go getting all prideful about beating up on scrubs (if that’s what you’re doing), just remember that Halo used to aspire to close matches between players of equal skill, the kinds of matches that could be a source of pride for winner or loser.
>
> If you looked a little further you would see that he was teamed up with someone that ended up placing Plat 3 in Slayer. So I think the ranking system was working fine for this game. He has a 60% win rate in Slayer.

To start, I’m not sure how the math could work that would allow him to have a general arena win rate of 37% while playlist-specific rates are much higher, but based on his other career statistics, the 37% somehow rings more true.

On your first point: teaming this guy with someone who ends up placing mid-Platinum may well lead to a match with a close outcome, but I’m pretty sure that if I was that guy then I wouldn’t really care how close the outcome was. His personal outcome (2 kills, 18 deaths) would be a direct result of being placed in a match with others who are much better players. The fact that those much better players are split evenly over both teams cannot somehow magically make his 2 and 18 match into a fair or balanced Halo experience. Or more importantly, a fun Halo experience. I know I’m putting words in someone else’s mouth here, but if you can look me in the eye and tell me that a 2 and 18 match, paired with and against players well more than a full tier above your skill level, can in anyway be a fulfilling or productive or entertaining match… then I would look you in the eye and call you a liar.

I can’t see any objective measure by which I would describe this as a balanced match unless I believed, as 343 does, that team performance is the be-all and end-all, and the quality of the individual experience be -Yoink!-.

ed. - On a deeper dig into his career arena stats, the 60% win rate is accurate. And is also a perfect example of why strict win/loss skill assessment is an abysmal failure. This guy’s k/d is clearly demonstrating his inability to contribute meaningfully to these matches, but in 60% of them his teammates are able to carry the day. Which means that he continues to be judged by the system to be a far better player than he actually is. There is a possibility that eventually three-man teams will no longer be able to carry him to this same win rate and his rank may begin to adjust downward accordingly, but how many garbage matches will he have to endure before that happens? Will he put up with the garbage matches long enough for the adjustment to happen or will he just quit Halo and go play something else? Much, much more importantly, how can a credible skill assessment system look at a career k/d of 0.141 and say that this guy is a Silver tier player who is getting equitable matches?

I think for me it was 30 or 35!

> 2533274873843883;15:
> To start, I’m not sure how the math could work that would allow him to have a general arena win rate of 37% while playlist-specific rates are much higher, but based on his other career statistics, the 37% somehow rings more true.

The 37% doesn’t matter for the playlist rank that we are talking about. I agree that is pretty low, but despite that the player currently has a 60% in Slayer for a Silver 5. Right or wrong that is how it works. Josh has said that ranks do not affect each other in the different playlists.

> 2533274873843883;15:
> On your first point: teaming this guy with someone who ends up placing mid-Platinum may well lead to a match with a close outcome, but I’m pretty sure that if I was that guy then I wouldn’t really care how close the outcome was. His personal outcome (2 kills, 18 deaths) would be a direct result of being placed in a match with others who are much better players. The fact that those much better players are split evenly over both teams cannot somehow magically make his 2 and 18 match into a fair or balanced Halo experience.

Well I did look a little further, and there was the guy on the other team that quit and has almost the same exact stats as the player we are talking about. So I would say that that helped to even things out.

> 2533274873843883;15:
> Or more importantly, a fun Halo experience. I know I’m putting words in someone else’s mouth here, but if you can look me in the eye and tell me that a 2 and 18 match, paired with and against players well more than a full tier above your skill level, can in anyway be a fulfilling or productive or entertaining match… then I would look you in the eye and call you a liar.

Well then call me a liar, because I speak from experience. I have had matches like these. Where I have gone 2-18, heck I have had the goose egg even, and I have been paired up against players a full tier above. It is “fulfilling” because when I play against players who are better than me I am learning and developing my skills. It is “productive” because it will give me a chance to learn what I did wrong, and what they did right by reviewing my match in theater. Finally, it is “entertaining” since by definition that match was a diversion from real life for those 10-12 minutes.

It may be frustrating and not full on fun the whole dang time, but who has every match that is like that? That’s not Halo to me. Yeah we hear a lot about having fun on the forums, but Halo is also about learning and getting better. That learning turns the game into fun down the road. If I want instant fun all the time without having to work at it then I would play Slime Rancher, but then again I would have to work at gathering my plorts so…

> 2533274873843883;15:
> ed. - On a deeper dig into his career arena stats, the 60% win rate is accurate. And is also a perfect example of why strict win/loss skill assessment is an abysmal failure. This guy’s k/d is clearly demonstrating his inability to contribute meaningfully to these matches, but in 60% of them his teammates are able to carry the day. Which means that he continues to be judged by the system to be a far better player than he actually is. There is a possibility that eventually three-man teams will no longer be able to carry him to this same win rate and his rank may begin to adjust downward accordingly, but how many garbage matches will he have to endure before that happens? Will he put up with the garbage matches long enough for the adjustment to happen or will he just quit Halo and go play something else? Much, much more importantly, how can a credible skill assessment system look at a career k/d of 0.141 and say that this guy is a Silver tier player who is getting equitable matches?

I think you are way too focused on KD. Granted it is important, but it is not the be all end all. Plus his KDA is a little better .268. I like KDA especially since mine puts me above .946. You can look at what I have ranked this season and in every season before that.

I think I have done okay and gotten better over time. Even though my ranks have gone down a little. I think that is a representation that the ranks are getting better. They have become tighter. I have played Halo matchmaking since Reach, and I witnessed the difference in the individual ranks over the win/loss ranks. Reach Arena was every man for himself, and that was a terrible way to play a team based game. Win/loss is fine. Yes maybe weight individual performance a little more. It is taken into account now slightly.

Keep an eye on the Matchmaking forums. Josh gets some good discussions going. I have read in a lot in all of those update threads, and every time someone posts a link to a match asking why they were matched with so and so he has an answer, and a reason why it was a good match up. The main thing is these matches are matched up based on our MMR anyway. Solely at CSR does not give us the whole picture, unfortunately.

Thirty something long long ago

> 2533274863544717;17:
> > 2533274873843883;15:
> > To start, I’m not sure how the math could work that would allow him to have a general arena win rate of 37% while playlist-specific rates are much higher, but based on his other career statistics, the 37% somehow rings more true.
>
> The 37% doesn’t matter for the playlist rank that we are talking about. I agree that is pretty low, but despite that the player currently has a 60% in Slayer for a Silver 5. Right or wrong that is how it works. Josh has said that ranks do not affect each other in the different playlists.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274873843883;15:
> > On your first point: teaming this guy with someone who ends up placing mid-Platinum may well lead to a match with a close outcome, but I’m pretty sure that if I was that guy then I wouldn’t really care how close the outcome was. His personal outcome (2 kills, 18 deaths) would be a direct result of being placed in a match with others who are much better players. The fact that those much better players are split evenly over both teams cannot somehow magically make his 2 and 18 match into a fair or balanced Halo experience.
>
> Well I did look a little further, and there was the guy on the other team that quit and has almost the same exact stats as the player we are talking about. So I would say that that helped to even things out.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274873843883;15:
> > Or more importantly, a fun Halo experience. I know I’m putting words in someone else’s mouth here, but if you can look me in the eye and tell me that a 2 and 18 match, paired with and against players well more than a full tier above your skill level, can in anyway be a fulfilling or productive or entertaining match… then I would look you in the eye and call you a liar.
>
> Well then call me a liar, because I speak from experience. I have had matches like these. Where I have gone 2-18, heck I have had the goose egg even, and I have been paired up against players a full tier above. It is “fulfilling” because when I play against players who are better than me I am learning and developing my skills. It is “productive” because it will give me a chance to learn what I did wrong, and what they did right by reviewing my match in theater. Finally, it is “entertaining” since by definition that match was a diversion from real life for those 10-12 minutes.
>
> It may be frustrating and not full on fun the whole dang time, but who has every match that is like that? That’s not Halo to me. Yeah we hear a lot about having fun on the forums, but Halo is also about learning and getting better. That learning turns the game into fun down the road. If I want instant fun all the time without having to work at it then I would play Slime Rancher, but then again I would have to work at gathering my plorts so…
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274873843883;15:
> > ed. - On a deeper dig into his career arena stats, the 60% win rate is accurate. And is also a perfect example of why strict win/loss skill assessment is an abysmal failure. This guy’s k/d is clearly demonstrating his inability to contribute meaningfully to these matches, but in 60% of them his teammates are able to carry the day. Which means that he continues to be judged by the system to be a far better player than he actually is. There is a possibility that eventually three-man teams will no longer be able to carry him to this same win rate and his rank may begin to adjust downward accordingly, but how many garbage matches will he have to endure before that happens? Will he put up with the garbage matches long enough for the adjustment to happen or will he just quit Halo and go play something else? Much, much more importantly, how can a credible skill assessment system look at a career k/d of 0.141 and say that this guy is a Silver tier player who is getting equitable matches?
>
> I think you are way too focused on KD. Granted it is important, but it is not the be all end all. Plus his KDA is a little better .268. I like KDA especially since mine puts me above .946. You can look at what I have ranked this season and in every season before that.
>
> I think I have done okay and gotten better over time. Even though my ranks have gone down a little. I think that is a representation that the ranks are getting better. They have become tighter. I have played Halo matchmaking since Reach, and I witnessed the difference in the individual ranks over the win/loss ranks. Reach Arena was every man for himself, and that was a terrible way to play a team based game. Win/loss is fine. Yes maybe weight individual performance a little more. It is taken into account now slightly.
>
> Keep an eye on the Matchmaking forums. Josh gets some good discussions going. I have read in a lot in all of those update threads, and every time someone posts a link to a match asking why they were matched with so and so he has an answer, and a reason why it was a good match up. The main thing is these matches are matched up based on our MMR anyway. Solely at CSR does not give us the whole picture, unfortunately.

I can appreciate your positive attitude even though, in matters like these especially, I do not share it. I think this guy is being systematically screwed, and while I think he’s an extraordinary example, I think the same thing happens to other players in direct relation to how far they are from the center of the skill bell curve. It would be one thing if all of us, like you, played this game to get better. Some people just play for fun, and those players will find a system that favors players like you at their expense. Playing for fun probably means that one doesn’t put much stock in ranks, but that’s absolutely no excuse at all for them to work as poorly as they do.

As far as 343 employees defending their skill assessment and matchmaking algorithms… I would expect no less. It’s their job after all. I’m sure they can come up with rationalizations in defense of anything their system produces, but until we have exit interviews to discover why players leave the game altogether then these same people may never really be held to account for the very obvious downsides of their very suspect system. I’m not saying that everyone who ever left Halo left because of ranking and matchmaking problems. But instead of a system that serves all players equally, we have a system that arbitrarily rewards some while cheating others. Saying that’s okay because it’s always worked this way (and I’m perfectly well aware that it has always worked this way) is a pathetic and woefully inadequate state of affairs.

I’ve had various near 30 kill games, can’t remember my absolute best.