Most chaos and fun I've had in Halo 4

The map Skyline should be called Beatdown because man all that happened was people meleeing each other like there was no tomorrow. People would Jetpack just to melee a person it was quite hilarious.

Landfall should be called Pulse. Because that one achievement caused so many Pulse grenades you’d think the catch skull was on Multiplayer.

Monolith should have been called Monolith because it had a giant Monolith that everyone fought around.

Anyway I enjoyed the maps so far what do you guys think?

The only name change Skyline needs … is to Tarpline.

Nah the Tarp isn’t even that distracting. You’ll get beatdown before you admire it.

> Nah the Tarp isn’t even that distracting. You’ll get beatdown before you admire it.

I’d spend so much time staring at the tarp and skybox, people would just kill me easily.

Most be some serious Tarp are you at least meleeing?

I’d love to add my opinion on the matter but I have yet to be in a game where I actually get skyline.

I’ve had some fun with Majestic. I love small symmetrical maps, they are good fun. However… they suffer a lot from… you guessed it: AA’s, Jip, instant respawn, way to many power weps on map and the ord. These maps play a lot like classic Halo at times, but are killed because of the above.

This map pack could have brought about a serious return to competitve Halo, instead it’s just players jet packing all over, roaming around with automatics like packs of rabid dogs, or whole teams rolling with power weapons.

My suggestion, set load outs of only PV, Hardlight Shield and Hologram. Turn off all Ordinance, reduce the amount of power weps on maps to one per side and one in the middle of the map. From there add to the load outs, BR, Carbine, AR and Suppressor and secondaries (no boltshot), and for the love of all that’s Halo turn off Instant Respawn! Then these maps would play outstandingly all of the time not part of the time.

Instant Respawn makes FFA playlist more fun

> I’ve had some fun with Majestic. I love small symmetrical maps, they are good fun. However… they suffer a lot from… you guessed it: AA’s, Jip, instant respawn, way to many power weps on map and the ord. These maps play a lot like classic Halo at times, but are killed because of the above.
>
> This map pack could have brought about a serious return to competitve Halo, instead it’s just players jet packing all over, roaming around with automatics like packs of rabid dogs, or whole teams rolling with power weapons.
>
> My suggestion, set load outs of only PV, Hardlight Shield and Hologram. Turn off all Ordinance, reduce the amount of power weps on maps to one per side and one in the middle of the map. From there add to the load outs, BR, Carbine, AR and Suppressor and secondaries (no boltshot), and for the love of all that’s Halo turn off Instant Respawn! Then these maps would play outstandingly all of the time not part of the time.

You think Promethean Vision will help bring about a return to serious competitive Halo? Screw that.

I am saying it’s the lesser of the “evils”. Personally, I believe all AA’s need to hit the bricks for competitive play to come back.

They are pretty hectic. I’ve only played FFA but it’s quite fun so far.

> They are pretty hectic. I’ve only played FFA but it’s quite fun so far.

Too intense for me. Scores have been -15 to -23 in free for all. People seem to make me dead by just looking at me.

> I’ve had some fun with Majestic. I love small symmetrical maps, they are good fun. However… they suffer a lot from… you guessed it: AA’s, Jip, instant respawn, way to many power weps on map and the ord. These maps play a lot like classic Halo at times, but are killed because of the above…^

This.

Those map look and sound great, I can’t wait to get them.

Skyline is disgusting on FFA, horrible respawns

I have fun until I get killed by someone jetpack jumping around a corner. I never had a problem with jetpackers until this map pack. When things are soooo hectic on the ground then you get one dolt 30 feet in the air to pick you off(with the DMR to add to the annoyance…) it can be very frustrating. I’m tired of the jetpack. It lost it’s luster a while ago. It was cool because you could basically fly. Now it’s just like… c’mon man… I hope I’m not alone here. When I use jetpack I use it to get to different locations on the map easier. I don’t use it to constantly gain a height advantage against the enemy regardless of where I’m at on the map. Since these new maps are small their are always 1v1 2v2 etc going on and a jetpacker always comes in and steals a kill or two. It’s the only thing I hate about the new maps.

Glad to have some more 4v4 maps but Boltshot really does break them :confused: shouldn’t spawn with a shotgun or any type of 1 shot kill. But whatever, poor decisions will be poor decisions.

> > I’ve had some fun with Majestic. I love small symmetrical maps, they are good fun. However… they suffer a lot from… you guessed it: AA’s, Jip, instant respawn, way to many power weps on map and the ord. These maps play a lot like classic Halo at times, but are killed because of the above…^
>
> This.

This Again.

Small maps have no reason for such an abundance of power weapons.

And care packages will break every map.

> My suggestion, set load outs of only PV, Hardlight Shield and Hologram. Turn off all Ordinance, reduce the amount of power weps on maps to one per side and one in the middle of the map. From there add to the load outs, BR, Carbine, AR and Suppressor and secondaries (no boltshot), and for the love of all that’s Halo turn off Instant Respawn! Then these maps would play outstandingly all of the time not part of the time.

Seeing through walls is far beyond competitive or classic Halo. We are supposed to be soldiers, not Superman.

AA’s just shouldn’t exist but Bungie kinda threw us off that cliff and 343 decided not to help us back up, and instead just added a 3 ton weight to us so we would fall faster.

> > My suggestion, set load outs of only PV, Hardlight Shield and Hologram. Turn off all Ordinance, reduce the amount of power weps on maps to one per side and one in the middle of the map. From there add to the load outs, BR, Carbine, AR and Suppressor and secondaries (no boltshot), and for the love of all that’s Halo turn off Instant Respawn! Then these maps would play outstandingly all of the time not part of the time.
>
> Seeing through walls is far beyond competitive or classic Halo. We are supposed to be soldiers, not Superman.
>
> AA’s just shouldn’t exist but Bungie kinda threw us off that cliff and 343 decided not to help us back up, and instead just added a 3 ton weight to us so we would fall faster.

Bungie had it nailed in Halo 3 with equipment. Equipment fit the arena style of the game very well. They spawned on the map so everyone had an equal chance at them and they were a one off thing so you couldn’t spam them. You had to pick the right opportunity to use them. I wish they would’ve kept equipment functionally the way it was and just added more items in Reach/Halo 4.