Most Balanced MP ever ^

H4 is the only Halo game that has ever had competitive weapon balance (think hard before you argue this people, I know you want to but think about each gun category, take a breath, and then realize it’s true (: ).

Please continue to offer loadouts and never force us to start with that awful AR again.

Easily the best (my opinion) and most balanced (straight fact) online Halo ever. Keep up the great work!

I think CE is more balanced, but only because it had fewer variables.

You’re really trying to get people mad at you, aren’t you?

If you think Halo 4’s multiplayer is balanced let’s start with this, what role does the SAW fill? What are its weaknesses and strengths?

I don’t think it’s unbalanced. I just don’t like having to choose between short, medium, and long range weapons at spawn, limiting my flexibility as a player.

If I’m playing short range and I find I’d be more useful to my team to stay back a little, I used to have the freedom to do so and be no less of a threat to the enemy. If I’m playing long range and find that I need to push forward, again, I could do so and still be just as lethal. In Halo 4, I have to choose my playstyle (BR = short range, LR = long range, DMR = flexible, but loses against both others) before I play in order to be effective.

> You’re really trying to get people mad at you, aren’t you?
>
> If you think Halo 4’s multiplayer is balanced let’s start with this, what role does the SAW fill? What are its weaknesses and strengths?

There are some stupid OP weapons in Halo 4, but if you trim the fat this game offers the most viable weapons out of any recent Halo game.

I understand what OP’s saying, but the concept behind the balance is flawed.

OP is saying that all of the regular weapons (AR, SR, S, BR, DMR, LR, CC) are balanced with each other. Each of those 7 weapons has it’s strengths that are better than another weapon and it’s weaknesses that it is defeated in.

But the problem with this form of balance, is that it was specifically designed for Custom Loadouts. So now, when you start up a match of Classic Slayer, you’d be trying to run for the BR that spawns at the top of the map… When your AR and Magnum could have done just as fine…

I see where the OP is coming from and can’t knock his opinion, it has merit from where I’m standing.

I believe more thought has gone into Halo 4’s competitive weapon balance than any prior Halo … Does it accomplish the goal of true balance, though?

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on your playing style and how -Yoink!- you get over things like balance, equality, fairness, etc.

Me, personally, I find it balanced enough, especially when it comes to Loadout weapons.

The Ordinance [/b} weapons are another matter. Even then, IMO balance is not nearly as important when it comes to heavy weapons. They’re all heavy, y’know? I’d rather have “interesting” and “fun to use” as my top ordinance descriptors instead of “balanced”.

I agree with a lot of the counter-points. I mean, I personally would rather not have pod drops, the SAW, armor abilities etc… I totally understand that there is a lot of ‘unnecessary stuff’ in the game. 343 is just trying to make it more ‘fun’ and ‘interesting’ like the guy above me said.

However, the weapons we do have from the start are solid and very balanced (good at different ranges but balanced as evidence of people arguing which rifle is the best (think about past Halo games))…

A lot of us HATE the AR. In the past, we (usually) ‘had’ to spawn with a weapon that is horrible (per play style). Someone got power weapons and it was just cheesy (unless that person was you, haha). But I love always ‘being in the game’ now.

Also love the fact that I see a ton of people preferring different starts (AR, BR, DMR, Carbine (I’m liking that lately), LR). So it’s not like 100% ‘insert OP weapon here’.

Better competition while still admittingly (I know that’s not a word but should be) having too much ‘mainstream fluff’.

Not perfect but my favorite. Lot of people hate whatever the new game is though (: If anyone was around for H3 or Reach launch / first year or so you know what I mean (take this x some # greater than 2).

I am with you, having a 4 shot br, dmr, and the carbine buff, the Lr for range , but the main thing for me is

The buffed assault rifles , you can actually kill someone with the gun you spawn with.

I mean come on UNSC , the us army gives m16 and m4s out. But here ya go chief, a weak assault rifle with no scope, 2 nades and a pistol, save the world please, like 6 or 7 times.

> H4 is the only Halo game that has ever had competitive weapon balance (think hard before you argue this people, I know you want to but think about each gun category, take a breath, and then realize it’s true (: ).
>
> Please continue to offer loadouts and never force us to start with that awful AR again.
>
> Easily the best (my opinion) and most balanced (straight fact) online Halo ever. Keep up the great work!

How about every halo prior?

No load outs, mods or cross-mapping weapons. Already more balanced.

I have to agree that after the update this is probably the most well balanced weapon sandbox since CE.

If ordinance was removed, (personal and random), and human weapons were a tad more difficult to use, I would be in agreement.

Also: Map design that doesn’t encourage hiding around corners, and retreating with sprint. The former kills vehicles, and the latter encourages teams shooting and camping the high ground. That forge map with the over shield in the middle is great. ( forgot the name…)

Halo 4 is the most imbalanced MP especially at launch. Weapons are balanced NOW.

AAs should be next on the list. Abilities should be based on pros and cons not indicators and limited use. For example:

Promethean Vision. Seeing through walls is a cool idea. As it works now it can be used to camp and line up shots as a person walks around a corner. This is an imbalanced advantage because there is no DISADVANTAGE. Take Blacklight for example. When activating the Visor(I think thats what its called) you cant shoot and HUD is disabled. There is a tactical ADVANTAGE BALANCED WITH A DISADVANTAGE. Players get more awareness at the cost of firepower. Currently PV emits a red pulse on your radar to indicate some one is using it and short a duration. THIS IS NOT BALANCE

Camo. Oh dear Camo. Halo 4 has the worst camo ever in any FPS ever in time forever to infinity. Balancing it is simple though. Camo should deactivate AND deplete when the first shot is fired. A clear advantage to move nearly undetected and potentially getting the first shot on an opponent. Balanced only by not allowing the player to abuse it. H4 camo allows for campers to hide for long periods, even longer with a perk. Then those blue dots. Blue dots dont balance this ability it indicates some one is using. Plus it can be glitched to not even show up. A person can literally get multiple kills while invisible and go hide while STILL invisible. CRAZY. You may get camo sniped in Crysis but now that sniper has to reposition because they’ve compromised. TF2 doesnt even let you shoot while invisible.

Jet Pack. The main argument is it breaks maps. It gives people an easy button to fly over cover and get to places that take longer to travel by foot. The imbalance here is on another level. A clear advantage and the SLIGHT disadvantage of being exposed. Not really balanced but more balanced than PV and Camo. I would suggest limited fuel and/or shorter flight. Jet Pack could explode and kill user when shot. Or Jet Pack becomes more like a jump pack similar to Titanfall.

Those are some imbalances that have affected Halo’s reputation. I know casuals think AAs are cool. Or maybe a long term Halo fan thinks these add to the sandbox. They do but they need to be balanced properly or they become crutches for new players and abused by the experienced. 343 should look at TF2 or Killzone instead of COD if they want to continue abilities and loadouts/classes.

Next time we can talk about perks, which range from pointless to adding to imbalance like AA efficiency.

No one is forcing you to play with ARs, play Infinity. Infinity kids been throwing around “play someting else” or “play throwdown” for the longest time. AR starts are a GODSEND(any type of balance is). All 343 needs to do is add variants for Suppressors, LRs, DMRs, Carbines, StormRifles, and BR.