MOST ACCURATE LOCKOUT REMAKE!!!

Please go download Spaceout from my fileshare: Over9000bears. I’ve been working on this map since November 22nd with my friend Kabooki Joe to deliver an accurate remake of Lockout. It’s scaled to size, and feels perfect. I have it outfitted for Slayer, Ctf, King of the Hill, and Dominion. I want to destroy the abomination Shutout. Please give my map a chance. You will not be disappointed. And if someone knows how to submit this for Community Matchmaking, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

Well i’m actually on your map right now because I had to see if this is truly the most accurate Lockout remake ever! To much surprise, it is NOT even close to being accurate. The dimensions of this map are all wrong, Snipe Tower is too steep, Top Blue is too long, and Bottom Green is not even close to being right. I’m sorry but this is a mess, not even close to being as accurate as Shutout. Sure Shutout may have its problems but it captures Lockouts structure and lines of sight perfect.

Shutout is way to out of proportion. A lot of people try to justify its size by saying you have to accommodate for sprint, but that just slows down the gameplay because people don’t sprint all the time. We have played a few games on our map here with some of our friends and they all like it better than shutout, even thier friends who don’t know us (who would have less of a biased opinion) said they liked ours better.

Now it may not be an exact replica like my friend/co-forger says, but look back to all the actual remakes that bungie and 343i have done. Not too many of them have been exact, they almost always have a few tweaks here and there to give them their own character, originality, and play styles, which is what we did.

So get a few friends together and try a custom game or two on it before passing judgement. And that goes for both approval’s and disapproval’s. Praise and criticism have the most meaning when the work in question has been thoroughly evaluated. Thank you.

> Well i’m actually on your map right now because I had to see if this is truly the most accurate Lockout remake ever! To much surprise, it is NOT even close to being accurate. The dimensions of this map are all wrong, Snipe Tower is too steep, Top Blue is too long, and Bottom Green is not even close to being right. I’m sorry but this is a mess, not even close to being as accurate as Shutout. Sure Shutout may have its problems but it captures Lockouts structure and lines of sight perfect.

Obviously, as a Creator of the map, we are going to be more biased to our creation. Whats important is the “feel” of the map, so to speak. Yes, a few things are disproportionate, but all of it is good taste. I appreciate your opinion and we will consider a revision of the map. If those three things are all that is really wrong with our map, then by all means we are not far from nailing it.

All we ask is that you download this, play it with an open mind, and invite your friends to come check it out. We all love this map. Many veteran Halo 2 players are satisfied with, again, the “feel” of it. I still rage when I play this map from getting beat so much, so, I know this map is close to spot on.

I can dig it!