More XP for SPARTAN ops than Multiplayer

My friend and I don’t like the fact that more XP is given in SPARTAN Ops matchmaking than War Games Matchmaking. We have a friend who has 225 kills in matchmaking with 569 deaths but is a level 69 just through boosting SPARTAN Ops. To give more numbers I get within the 2000 XP range for War Games Matchmaking while SPARTAN Ops matchmaking gives me somewhere in the 5000’s. Anyone else have a problem with this?

Spartan Ops games tend to last longer than regular multiplayer matches, so I don’t really have an issue with it. The AFKers in Spartan Ops are a little annoying, but not a big deal.

Also, you were calling out your friend’s stats in matchmaking and then referenced his level. In a progression system based off of XP, stats do not matter when you rank up from playing regardless. Just saying.

Spartan Ops games last 7 to 13 minutes max, much shorter than a usual multiplayer game.

As for the fact that it gives better XP, I dont really mind, more incentive to play the gamemode.

> Spartan Ops games last 7 to 13 minutes max, much shorter than a usual multiplayer game.
>
> As for the fact that it gives better XP, I dont really mind, more incentive to play the gamemode.

Yeah I suppose it depends on the mission and on the players really. But yeah, it provides incentive and keeps players playing so that others can find people to play with when searching for a game. Matchmaking will never have that problem, so there’s not as much of a need to have the more XP.

The reason I have an issue with it is because the progression system as a whole is just a problem. They should never have gone away from the skill ranks.

It should have gone back to skill ranks, and only MM should have counted towards your next rank. Maybe you could unlock some cool armour if you beat each Spartan Ops mission, to give some incentive to play that.

Re-introducing the time based progression system was a huge mistake in my eyes, but they had to do it to implement their custom loadout idea. Which I also find was a huge mistake.

Should have stuck to skill ranks and then we wouldn’t have had to worry about all this crap.