More variety for Invasion

I play Invasion more than any other playlist and have felt there need to be more maps and/or gametypes (I don’t mean Invasion slayer or Invasion Skirmish since they are not that good), so like have default invasion but we could have SWAT Invasion. I would personally hate that but you get the picture. Or why don’t we have Community maps in the Invasion playlist, I’ve played lots and some of them are very enjoyable and fun to play. So please 343, can we have more variety to the playlist. Also I wouldn’t mind separating the Invasion Slayer and Skirmish into their own playlist, just saying.

Agreed, there are some standout community Invasion maps out there that should just be thrown into the mix to add variety. I would be all over the playlist again if that happened.

> I play Invasion more than any other playlist and have felt there need to be more maps and/or gametypes (I don’t mean Invasion slayer or Invasion Skirmish since they are not that good), so like have default invasion but we could have SWAT Invasion. I would personally hate that but you get the picture. Or why don’t we have Community maps in the Invasion playlist, I’ve played lots and some of them are very enjoyable and fun to play. So please 343, can we have more variety to the playlist. Also I wouldn’t mind separating the Invasion Slayer and Skirmish into their own playlist, just saying.

What frustrates me is that i have purchased the Noble Map pack, purely for the Invasion map and it NEVER comes up.

> > I play Invasion more than any other playlist and have felt there need to be more maps and/or gametypes (I don’t mean Invasion slayer or Invasion Skirmish since they are not that good), so like have default invasion but we could have SWAT Invasion. I would personally hate that but you get the picture. Or why don’t we have Community maps in the Invasion playlist, I’ve played lots and some of them are very enjoyable and fun to play. So please 343, can we have more variety to the playlist. Also I wouldn’t mind separating the Invasion Slayer and Skirmish into their own playlist, just saying.
>
> What frustrates me is that i have purchased the Noble Map pack, purely for the Invasion map and it NEVER comes up.

I would advise you go on Premium Battle since it appears quite a lot on there

> > > I play Invasion more than any other playlist and have felt there need to be more maps and/or gametypes (I don’t mean Invasion slayer or Invasion Skirmish since they are not that good), so like have default invasion but we could have SWAT Invasion. I would personally hate that but you get the picture. Or why don’t we have Community maps in the Invasion playlist, I’ve played lots and some of them are very enjoyable and fun to play. So please 343, can we have more variety to the playlist. Also I wouldn’t mind separating the Invasion Slayer and Skirmish into their own playlist, just saying.
> >
> > What frustrates me is that i have purchased the Noble Map pack, purely for the Invasion map and it NEVER comes up.
>
> I would advise you go on Premium Battle since it appears quite a lot on there

It does.
I’ve been playing Premium Slayer not Battle, if only i had known. Cheers for telling me.

> > > > I play Invasion more than any other playlist and have felt there need to be more maps and/or gametypes (I don’t mean Invasion slayer or Invasion Skirmish since they are not that good), so like have default invasion but we could have SWAT Invasion. I would personally hate that but you get the picture. Or why don’t we have Community maps in the Invasion playlist, I’ve played lots and some of them are very enjoyable and fun to play. So please 343, can we have more variety to the playlist. Also I wouldn’t mind separating the Invasion Slayer and Skirmish into their own playlist, just saying.
> > >
> > > What frustrates me is that i have purchased the Noble Map pack, purely for the Invasion map and it NEVER comes up.
> >
> > I would advise you go on Premium Battle since it appears quite a lot on there
>
> It does.
> I’ve been playing Premium Slayer not Battle, if only i had known. Cheers for telling me.

Glad to help, but can we get on topic. So what about different gametypes?

Yes on topic.
I think SWAT invasion would not work because of it’s current spawns and it’ll be too hard to capture the areas.

i think more Community Maps need to be added because a lot of them are better than Spire.

I play invasion a lot too… Almost 50/50 whit ALL the other playlist.

Here’s what I thought…

First of all, adding community maps is impossible for now… because invasion support 4 player local splitscreen and community maps can’t handle that in matchmaking for whatever reason. Limit the number of local player to 2 would be a good solution… tho 4 player local will not have any kind of ‘‘Big Team Battle’’ games.

Second, why the Defiant map pack did not have any invasion map in it ? Seriously… Remember the beta ? This game type was announced like the best game mode in Reach… Innovative… all that stuff. I have yet to see any support to that playlist ( except the addition invasion skirmish… )

And finally, I hope the map pack whit Halo CE will deliver us at least 2 new invasions maps… I don’t care if its an ‘‘arena’’ style map… just find a way to build an invasion around it… If Timberland is really in the remake, make it invasion compatible…

The population in this playlist was huge when the game first came out, but now it slowly decrease cause people are not dumb enough to play the same 2 maps over and over for months…

> Yes on topic.
> I think SWAT invasion would not work because of it’s current spawns and it’ll be too hard to capture the areas.
>
> i think more Community Maps need to be added because a lot of them are better than Spire.

that was just an example of the gametypes that could be used with invasion, there are probably better ideas

Yes thats what I mean many of the Community maps need to be recognised

D.C is a pretty good map

I haven’t tried that map

I was looking forward to this more than any other aspect of the game pre-release, but the playlist gets repetitive very quickly.

Community Map inclusion is the obvious remedy, given that there are quite a few Invasion maps out there that play better than Spire, and possibly Boneyard. (Can’t form an opinion on Breakpoint seeing as I rarely play it)

I seriously think if 343 gave the playlist a massive overhaul it could be the 2nd-most populated playlist on Reach (Seeing as nothing ever gets more populated than the bread-and-butter Team Slayer/Deathmatch, on any FPS). It has so much untapped potential. The hype was unreal at times pre-release. It hasn’t lived up to expectations, not because of the gameplay, but because it’s the same two maps, over and over. The concept of a three-tiered, Spartans v Elites Objective gametype seems at the very least fascinating, but I can’t help but feel it’s been somewhat neglected.

The playlist needs community maps.

The problem with this is that it would limit the splitscreen amount to 2, because of the forge maps.

> I play Invasion more than any other playlist…

Yeah, I agree. Invasion is great but it suffers from a lack of fun maps. No wonder people keep voting for Invasion Spire or - in the rare case everyone has the Noble pack - Invasion on Breakpoint.

If they added 3-5 more maps it would be much more popular. I think a little variety would go a long way for Invasion.

So are they adding new maps or not? We’ve been waiting for almost 7 years now