More Tier-1 pistols w/ attachments?

Hello spartans, humans, and created alike!

There are sections for your Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, DMR, Pistol, and SMG and all their siblings with attachments. There are a wide variety of all of the following with many different attachments and abilities except for the pistol. The pistol only has a single, tier-1 sibling (extended mag.) I personally look forward to a pistol in combat. It has been my buddy in all of the Halo saga. I trust it in the campaign, multiplayer, and firefight. I start with it, and simply aim for the head. It’s my “trusted sidearm.”

However, it would be nice if the Halo 5 pistol had a variety of attachments (morph sight, kinetic bolts, laser targeter, etc.)
Don’t get me wrong, the regular pistol is handy at all time for me. It just feels wrong that all weapons have a long range variety of attachments. The pistol has 1 sibiling with the extended mag attachment, and it has only REQs to follow. By the time you get the REQ level for the REQ pistols, they are useless. Having earn-able, stylish, and custom-painted pistols is a cool way to fill in that gap between the uneven variety.

What do you guys think?

> 2533274856011418;1:
> Hello spartans, humans, and created alike!
>
> There are sections for your Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, DMR, Pistol, and SMG and all their siblings with attachments. There are a wide variety of all of the following with many different attachments and abilities except for the pistol. The pistol only has a single, tier-1 sibling (extended mag.) I personally look forward to a pistol in combat. It has been my buddy in all of the Halo saga. I trust it in the campaign, multiplayer, and firefight. I start with it, and simply aim for the head. It’s my “trusted sidearm.”
>
> However, it would be nice if the Halo 5 pistol had a variety of attachments (morph sight, kinetic bolts, laser targeter, etc.)
> Don’t get me wrong, the regular pistol is handy at all time for me. It just feels wrong that all weapons have a long range variety of attachments. The pistol has 1 sibiling with the extended mag attachment, and it has only REQs to follow. By the time you get the REQ level for the REQ pistols, they are useless. Having earn-able, stylish, and custom-painted pistols is a cool way to fill in that gap between the uneven variety.
>
> What do you guys think?

Great idea… I miss the old BoltShot from Halo 4 so much…

> 2533275009114872;2:
> > 2533274856011418;1:
> > Hello spartans, humans, and created alike!
> >
> > There are sections for your Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, DMR, Pistol, and SMG and all their siblings with attachments. There are a wide variety of all of the following with many different attachments and abilities except for the pistol. The pistol only has a single, tier-1 sibling (extended mag.) I personally look forward to a pistol in combat. It has been my buddy in all of the Halo saga. I trust it in the campaign, multiplayer, and firefight. I start with it, and simply aim for the head. It’s my “trusted sidearm.”
> >
> > However, it would be nice if the Halo 5 pistol had a variety of attachments (morph sight, kinetic bolts, laser targeter, etc.)
> > Don’t get me wrong, the regular pistol is handy at all time for me. It just feels wrong that all weapons have a long range variety of attachments. The pistol has 1 sibiling with the extended mag attachment, and it has only REQs to follow. By the time you get the REQ level for the REQ pistols, they are useless. Having earn-able, stylish, and custom-painted pistols is a cool way to fill in that gap between the uneven variety.
> >
> > What do you guys think?
>
> Great idea… I miss the old BoltShot from Halo 4 so much…

Classics are usually better :slight_smile:

> 2533274856011418;3:
> > 2533275009114872;2:
> > > 2533274856011418;1:
> > > Hello spartans, humans, and created alike!
> > >
> > > There are sections for your Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, DMR, Pistol, and SMG and all their siblings with attachments. There are a wide variety of all of the following with many different attachments and abilities except for the pistol. The pistol only has a single, tier-1 sibling (extended mag.) I personally look forward to a pistol in combat. It has been my buddy in all of the Halo saga. I trust it in the campaign, multiplayer, and firefight. I start with it, and simply aim for the head. It’s my “trusted sidearm.”
> > >
> > > However, it would be nice if the Halo 5 pistol had a variety of attachments (morph sight, kinetic bolts, laser targeter, etc.)
> > > Don’t get me wrong, the regular pistol is handy at all time for me. It just feels wrong that all weapons have a long range variety of attachments. The pistol has 1 sibiling with the extended mag attachment, and it has only REQs to follow. By the time you get the REQ level for the REQ pistols, they are useless. Having earn-able, stylish, and custom-painted pistols is a cool way to fill in that gap between the uneven variety.
> > >
> > > What do you guys think?
> >
> > Great idea… I miss the old BoltShot from Halo 4 so much…
>
> Classics are usually better :slight_smile:

Agreed.

why? pistol is used until req 3 or 4, even with attachments it wouldn’t be used past that. doesn’t need more attachments

A magnum with a Knight Blade… A W E S O M E

I think Long barrel, Laser targeter and a standard Suppressor for the Gunfighter is all that can really be added, the blades would look too silly.

> 2533274833309866;5:
> why? pistol is used until req 3 or 4, even with attachments it wouldn’t be used past that. doesn’t need more attachments

“However, it would be nice if the Halo 5 pistol had a variety of attachments (morph sight, kinetic bolts, laser targeter, etc.)
Don’t get me wrong, the regular pistol is handy at all time for me. It just feels wrong that all weapons have a long range variety of attachments. The pistol has 1 sibiling with the extended mag attachment, and it has only REQs to follow. By the time you get the REQ level for the REQ pistols, they are useless. Having earn-able, stylish, and custom-painted pistols is a cool way to fill in that gap between the uneven variety.”

-FastMrFreeman

Was it subtle to you?

> 2533274833309866;5:
> why? pistol is used until req 3 or 4, even with attachments it wouldn’t be used past that. doesn’t need more attachments

Also, other people would think otherwise. Not everyone will agree to this statement. Some people are really skillful with the pistol.

so just cuz it would be nice? meh, too many customization reqs already imo

> 2533274833309866;10:
> so just cuz it would be nice? meh, too many customization reqs already imo

True, but this should be an interest to 343 if they want the community to not get bored of the game or calling it a thing of the past. The more things that can be earned and worked for, the bigger community. But I wasn’t talking specifically about just unlocking too much. I want it overall. Like in custom games. This might expand the amazing experience of custom games. Even arena, like swat.

• a crusty krab
    And hey, suggesting anything happens a lot. I like the creative minds that people have in posting neat suggestions. Maybe not always taken into consideration by 343, but at least we try as the community to agree on things and come to see it in the game, if added.

> 2533274856011418;1:
> Hello spartans, humans, and created alike!
>
> There are sections for your Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, DMR, Pistol, and SMG and all their siblings with attachments. There are a wide variety of all of the following with many different attachments and abilities except for the pistol. The pistol only has a single, tier-1 sibling (extended mag.) I personally look forward to a pistol in combat. It has been my buddy in all of the Halo saga. I trust it in the campaign, multiplayer, and firefight. I start with it, and simply aim for the head. It’s my “trusted sidearm.”
>
> However, it would be nice if the Halo 5 pistol had a variety of attachments (morph sight, kinetic bolts, laser targeter, etc.)
> Don’t get me wrong, the regular pistol is handy at all time for me. It just feels wrong that all weapons have a long range variety of attachments. The pistol has 1 sibiling with the extended mag attachment, and it has only REQs to follow. By the time you get the REQ level for the REQ pistols, they are useless. Having earn-able, stylish, and custom-painted pistols is a cool way to fill in that gap between the uneven variety.
>
> What do you guys think?

Love It and would also love the tactical magnum to Be a lvl 2 req so I’d use it Mor and have the rest from lvl3 imagine a bayoneted magnum that would Be badass

> 2533274857165616;7:
> I think Long barrel, Laser targeter and a standard Suppressor for the Gunfighter is all that can really be added, the blades would look too silly.

Something would be nice. At least it is something said here.

I think you are forgetting about the gunfighter magnum for its tier 1 upgrade. For tier 2, they should add lazer targeter.

> 2533274856011418;14:
> > 2533274857165616;7:
> > I think Long barrel, Laser targeter and a standard Suppressor for the Gunfighter is all that can really be added, the blades would look too silly.
>
> Something would be nice. At least it is something said here.

Honestly I think the Halo 3 pistol could be a loadout weapon, it was a four shot kill and functioned like the CE magnum, slow fire rate and they could bump the horrendous accuracy a little

> 2535442485897712;15:
> I think you are forgetting about the gunfighter magnum for its tier 1 upgrade. For tier 2, they should add lazer targeter.

Maybe I have forgotten. The pistols you can get are just very limited. The REQs are rendered useless once you get them.

> 2533274857165616;16:
> > 2533274856011418;14:
> > > 2533274857165616;7:
> > > I think Long barrel, Laser targeter and a standard Suppressor for the Gunfighter is all that can really be added, the blades would look too silly.
> >
> > Something would be nice. At least it is something said here.
>
> Honestly I think the Halo 3 pistol could be a loadout weapon, it was a four shot kill and functioned like the CE magnum, slow fire rate and they could bump the horrendous accuracy a little

Much to agree with here.

> 2533275009114872;2:
> > 2533274856011418;1:
> > Hello spartans, humans, and created alike!
> >
> > There are sections for your Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, DMR, Pistol, and SMG and all their siblings with attachments. There are a wide variety of all of the following with many different attachments and abilities except for the pistol. The pistol only has a single, tier-1 sibling (extended mag.) I personally look forward to a pistol in combat. It has been my buddy in all of the Halo saga. I trust it in the campaign, multiplayer, and firefight. I start with it, and simply aim for the head. It’s my “trusted sidearm.”
> >
> > However, it would be nice if the Halo 5 pistol had a variety of attachments (morph sight, kinetic bolts, laser targeter, etc.)
> > Don’t get me wrong, the regular pistol is handy at all time for me. It just feels wrong that all weapons have a long range variety of attachments. The pistol has 1 sibiling with the extended mag attachment, and it has only REQs to follow. By the time you get the REQ level for the REQ pistols, they are useless. Having earn-able, stylish, and custom-painted pistols is a cool way to fill in that gap between the uneven variety.
> >
> > What do you guys think?
>
> Great idea… I miss the old BoltShot from Halo 4 so much…

I can’t say I do…

Pistol was your trusty sidearm in every Halo game? What about Halo 3? I mean dual-wielding makes it awesome, but still…