More Than 10 Levels?

Do you think there is a chance that there will be more than 10 levels?

Like maybe 15 or 20? I like really long campaigns. Like in Far Cry and Half-life.
Just so there’s more replay value.

It’s a new developer so anything is possible. Personally, I would like to see a longer campaign, so long as it isn’t drawn out for the sake of it.

> Do you think there is a chance that there will be more than 10 levels?
>
> Like maybe 15 or 20? I like really long campaigns. Like in Far Cry and Half-life.
> Just so there’s more replay value.

I would like to see a campaign that is not as linear. Yeah I know its straying a bit from the other Halo games (adding an RPG element). If this happens some ppl will love it and others will hate it, and they will complain just like they complained (and continue to complain) about Reach.

The number of levels isn’t important.

What is important is the story.

The story is broken up in to chapters (levels). We already know there is going to be a trilogy, so what doesn’t fit into this game, will make it into the next.

However, I’m confident that 343 have planned for this, and have designed the campaign to not just be simply the longest game ever, but to make sure htat each moment is something special.

Whether it’s an action scene, a kool cutscene, or some cool new game mechanics that lets you play several different ways.

I’m sure there’ll be reason to play quickly, and play slowly, i.e. skulls, , points, easter eggs, discoverables, etc.

Whether it’s 10 level or 20 levels, I’m sure Halo 4 will be awesome, can’t wait!

> I would like to see a campaign that is not as linear. Yeah I know its straying a bit from the other Halo games (adding an RPG element). If this happens some ppl will love it and others will hate it, and they will complain just like they complained (and continue to complain) about Reach.

I understand the desire for a Halo RPG, however I know factually, that the next 3 Halo will not have any RPG elements.

Since you play as Master Chief, and follow a canon, vearing from that story arch isn’t not-possible, but it would simply break the canon.

RPG’s are about having unique stories, that are unique to you, that’s simply not coming to Halo, yet.

Maybe after Halo 6, there’ll be a Halo MMORPG, who knows.

[deleted]

I’d like to see 15 or 16 missions.

Yes, I think there will be.

> Frankie said the campaign is 50% percent of the game, and apparently it’s huge.

Link?

[deleted]

I’d take 10 REALLY good missions over 15 decent missions

I’d like a longer campaign, more achievements and so on…We’re paying full price so if we must…lets have, 2 discs. One disc being the campaign, one being the Multi-player.

Also, if they are going to make ones saying complete it on Heroic/Legendary which I’d be shocked if they didn’t. And have it be Halo 3 and Reach style so that if someone dies, unless there’s a skull turned on, have it keep going until the others die. Also…Make them be WORTH IT! Such as…

Normal: 25

Normal Solo: 50

Heroic: 75

Heroic Solo: 100

Legendary: 125

Legendary Solo: 150

Yes I know that would total: 525, but hey Halo 3 and Reach didn’t go above 1800 G’s why not have 2000? or even the max, whatever that is for a game…LOL!

> It’s a new developer so anything is possible. Personally, I would like to see a longer campaign, so long as it isn’t drawn out for the sake of it.

Well they do have plenty of lore they could include.

Actually, each rally point is a level without a cutscene, so reach in fact has:

NA: 1
WC: 3
OSB: 3
NF: 3
TOTS: 3
E: 3
NAL: 1
TP: 3
POA: 3
LW: 1

So total reach has (CoD style, short levels) exactly 30 levels.

H3 has not as many, but lots.

Happy?

> Actually, each rally point is a level without a cutscene, so reach in fact has:
>
> NA: 1
> WC: 3
> OSB: 3
> NF: 3
> TOTS: 3
> E: 3
> NAL: 1
> TP: 3
> POA: 3
> LW: 1
>
> So total reach has (CoD style, short levels) exactly 30 levels.
>
> H3 has not as many, but lots.
>
> Happy?

Actualy, each checkpoint is a level without a cutscene, so Halo 1 actually has infinitely-many levels due to having infinitely-many checkpoints. This is why Halo 1 has no limit to its replay value.

I just want the first level to be an actual level and not a cutscene for once…

As many halo levels as posts in this thread…

I would rather have longer levels as opposed to just having more. I am hoping for a longer campaign to be sure. I hope there are a lot of surprises along the way as well. I am looking forward to some exploration. :slight_smile:

> > > Frankie said the campaign is 50% percent of the game, and apparently it’s huge.
> >
> > Link?
>
> Took me 5 seconds to google it; you should try it.

Why does it say the date that article made was on 9/3/2012? We haven’t even reached that date yet.

> > > > Frankie said the campaign is 50% percent of the game, and apparently it’s huge.
> > >
> > > Link?
> >
> > Took me 5 seconds to google it; you should try it.
>
> Why does it say the date that article made was on 9/3/2012? We haven’t even reached that date yet.

the 9th of March 2012?

English date