More Specific Game Types

While I understand the need and simplicity for breaking game play types into general categories (ie. Social matches vs Ranked matches), it would be nice to break away from the norm and add more gameplay types in addition to these.

For example, if I want to play exclusively CTF game type, I should be able to play just CTF. If I wanted to play Slayer and only that, there should be a gametype selection for that. And if I wanted to mix it up and play something already available, like Social… I can do that.

Why limit things and force players to play certain game types they don’t necesssarily want to play at times? Can’t be that difficult to implement.

> 2533274791976641;1:
> Why limit things and force players to play certain game types they don’t necesssarily want to play at times? Can’t be that difficult to implement.

It can feel a bit stale and means the less popular gametypes are rarely played. Maybe they shouldn’t be if they aren’t popular… But when we had map voting you’d play the same 2 maps on repeat all day. Boring as heck.

I’ve noticed if I search everything in MCC some stuff has a close to 0% chance of coming up.

yea, I hear that and understand the logic, but part of it comes down to time efficiency. What if someone has a limited amount of time to play the game and just wants to play a specific game type for 30 mins?

Why would they have to sit through Slayer and Oddball, etc, if they just want to play some CTF? I totally get mixing things up, but the lack of granularity on being allowed to pick what people want seems like a missed opportunity to me.

I understand the Beta is a bad example, given the limited map amounts. But once the game is released, and has more levels, I don’t see why this shouldn’t be viable option for users to have (whether it ends up being used a lot or not), having an extra choice to decide is never bad for the consumer.