More smurfs than ever before.

Just did all my placement matches for swat, and dear lord.
I have never seen so many smurf accounts in a single day.
There was maybe one match without them.

Plenty of people are still running diamond/onyx with smurfs as well.

Edit:
I do want to clarify something; I don’t have much of a problem with people playing on smurfs. I mean, I have three of them. It’s annoying when you get crapped on in a way that is clearly not your skill level, but that’s about it for me. I especially understand the people that smurf because they are too high to find matches.

Personally, I have one that I intentionally keep low as a sort of “messing around” account. I love to play melee-only swat with it. The other two are the ones I use when I don’t want to worry about losing my rank, and so I let them get ranked however it goes when I play naturally. If only there were a social swat playlist, then I would never have made them.

Back to the point; the problem I do have is when I get matched against a full team that are running with a smurf or two, especially after we were told that this was supposed to be reduced and suddenly I’m seeing way more than ever before.

> 2533274967824992;1:
> Just did all my placement matches for swat, and dear lord.
> I have never seen so many smurf accounts in a single day.
> There was maybe one match without them.
>
> Plenty of people are still running diamond/onyx with smurfs as well.

There should be some kind of restriction for Ranked matches – you can’t qualify for Ranked unless your account has been active for 3 months and played 100 social games, etc.

> 2533274841696107;2:
> > 2533274967824992;1:
> > Just did all my placement matches for swat, and dear lord.
> > I have never seen so many smurf accounts in a single day.
> > There was maybe one match without them.
> >
> > Plenty of people are still running diamond/onyx with smurfs as well.
>
> There should be some kind of restriction for Ranked matches – you can’t qualify for Ranked unless your account has been active for 3 months and played 100 social games, etc.

This is a wonderful idea!

You even have a ton of smurf in social and custom games lol . People are just terrible human beings.

> 2533274841696107;2:
> > 2533274967824992;1:
> > Just did all my placement matches for swat, and dear lord.
> > I have never seen so many smurf accounts in a single day.
> > There was maybe one match without them.
> >
> > Plenty of people are still running diamond/onyx with smurfs as well.
>
> There should be some kind of restriction for Ranked matches – you can’t qualify for Ranked unless your account has been active for 3 months and played 100 social games, etc.

That actually is a good idea.

> 2533274805919869;5:
> > 2533274841696107;2:
> > > 2533274967824992;1:
> > > Just did all my placement matches for swat, and dear lord.
> > > I have never seen so many smurf accounts in a single day.
> > > There was maybe one match without them.
> > >
> > > Plenty of people are still running diamond/onyx with smurfs as well.
> >
> > There should be some kind of restriction for Ranked matches – you can’t qualify for Ranked unless your account has been active for 3 months and played 100 social games, etc.
>
> That actually is a good idea.

This is an awful idea. For someone who mostly plays ranked, I would hate it. It wouldn’t even make sense. You’re complaining about Smurf accounts, yet you want them to go to an even lesser competitive playlist where they will most likely wipe the floor with others…

> 2533274848704527;6:
> > 2533274805919869;5:
> > > 2533274841696107;2:
> > > > 2533274967824992;1:
> > > > Just did all my placement matches for swat, and dear lord.
> > > > I have never seen so many smurf accounts in a single day.
> > > > There was maybe one match without them.
> > > >
> > > > Plenty of people are still running diamond/onyx with smurfs as well.
> > >
> > > There should be some kind of restriction for Ranked matches – you can’t qualify for Ranked unless your account has been active for 3 months and played 100 social games, etc.
> >
> > That actually is a good idea.
>
> This is an awful idea. For someone who mostly plays ranked, I would hate it. It wouldn’t even make sense. You’re complaining about Smurf accounts, yet you want them to go to an even lesser competitive playlist where they will most likely wipe the floor with others…

They don’t want lesser playlists, they don’t like lesser playlists. They’re griefers who want to misbehave in a way that creates lasting harm. They don’t get any satisfaction out of social playlists.

For me making a second account and trying to rank up to the highest rank possible would be meaningless. They will do this for Halo 6 if there are not barriers from preventing them.

I had a couple of games of SWAT I was vs’ing a Smurf, I lost 4 Matches Against him, My last match I was against him & we ended up Winning, I can’t take Smurfs so I plugged my mic in & said alot of crap to him, I hate Smurfs to its core

But I got placed in Platnium 5 so I’m happy

343 introduced some changes that should start to help reduce the amount of smurfing in matchmaking. Have a read over Josh’s matchmaking feedback updates for more info: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%e2%80%93-may-1/3eef65b3-141f-44a7-8622-dd3d107130f3/posts

> 2533274813317074;10:
> 343 introduced some changes that should start to help reduce the amount of smurfing in matchmaking. Have a read over Josh’s matchmaking feedback updates for more info: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%e2%80%93-may-1/3eef65b3-141f-44a7-8622-dd3d107130f3/posts

That actually quite useful.
Wouldnt have seen it without your help.
Thank ypu Stckr.

> 2533274848704527;6:
> > 2533274805919869;5:
> > > 2533274841696107;2:
> > > > 2533274967824992;1:
> > > > Just did all my placement matches for swat, and dear lord.
> > > > I have never seen so many smurf accounts in a single day.
> > > > There was maybe one match without them.
> > > >
> > > > Plenty of people are still running diamond/onyx with smurfs as well.
> > >
> > > There should be some kind of restriction for Ranked matches – you can’t qualify for Ranked unless your account has been active for 3 months and played 100 social games, etc.
> >
> > That actually is a good idea.
>
> This is an awful idea. For someone who mostly plays ranked, I would hate it. It wouldn’t even make sense. You’re complaining about Smurf accounts, yet you want them to go to an even lesser competitive playlist where they will most likely wipe the floor with others…

in social a champ can get matched against gold players. The point here is to help top some of the boosting in ranked games. I know so many players who have not just one smurf account but about 5.

> 2533274805919869;4:
> You even have a ton of smurf in social and custom games lol . People are just terrible human beings.

I can understand social, but what the hell is wrong with using an alternate account on customs? The only benefit it gives in customs is hiding your main account/identity, which isn’t a scummy thing to do, as you would still be on the same playing field as your normal/main account in customs.

> 2535442303795050;13:
> > 2533274805919869;4:
> > You even have a ton of smurf in social and custom games lol . People are just terrible human beings.
>
> I can understand social, but what the hell is wrong with using an alternate account on customs? The only benefit it gives in customs is hiding your main account/identity, which isn’t a scummy thing to do, as you would still be on the same playing field as your normal/main account in customs.

Im not saying a its scummy i think its just a representation of how many smurfs are in halo in general.

> 2535442303795050;13:
> > 2533274805919869;4:
> > You even have a ton of smurf in social and custom games lol . People are just terrible human beings.
>
> I can understand social, but what the hell is wrong with using an alternate account on customs? The only benefit it gives in customs is hiding your main account/identity, which isn’t a scummy thing to do, as you would still be on the same playing field as your normal/main account in customs.

Not sure why you would need to anyway, unless you’re connected to a clan or something and actually being you is a ticket to getting targeted.
Like how YouTubers use alias’s while playing the games they enjoy if they just wanna have fun

Not trying to sound stupid or anything, but could someone explain “Smurf” for me?

> 2533274805919869;4:
> You even have a ton of smurf in social and custom games lol . People are just terrible human beings.

I have to smurf in swat, the second i hit champ I couldn’t actually get games, despite me and loads of others asking 343 to fix they don’t so I have to create a new account, qualify, rank until I can’t find games again and rinse and repeat or just not play. So what should people like me do, just not play because 343 refuse to fix things that are broken?

> 2533274946078881;16:
> Not trying to sound stupid or anything, but could someone explain “Smurf” for me?

Some one who creates an alternate account to purposely rank low to play against lower ranked players… Or a team that has a low ranked player on their team to match against lower ranked players.

> 2533274816788253;18:
> > 2533274946078881;16:
> > Not trying to sound stupid or anything, but could someone explain “Smurf” for me?
>
> Some one who creates an alternate account to purposely rank low to play against lower ranked players… Or a team that has a low ranked player on their team to match against lower ranked players.

So, they basically pretend to be a low rank to troll/own actual low rank players?

> 2533274946078881;19:
> > 2533274816788253;18:
> > > 2533274946078881;16:
> > > Not trying to sound stupid or anything, but could someone explain “Smurf” for me?
> >
> > Some one who creates an alternate account to purposely rank low to play against lower ranked players… Or a team that has a low ranked player on their team to match against lower ranked players.
>
> So, they basically pretend to be a low rank to troll/own actual low rank players?

Pretty much. Players who smurf try to justify it by saying matchmaking is to a
slow for higher ranked players. There really isn’t much that can be done to prevent it. Matchmaking for teams should go by the highest rank on the team and not the lowest. As far as individuals doing it they could reduce the number of players doing it by saying only one gold account per subscription but that would probably tick a lot of people off.