More Players In Campaign

Could this be possible? If not why not and if so why did they not do this

Would you like to have more than four players in campaign ?

You mean like 16 players? That would be awesome. A team of Spartans against the enemy.

Yea ^

Because the lag would be a joke, have you seen how bad lag can be on Halo with just two, three or four people?

It’s a joke.

> Because the lag would be a joke, have you seen how bad lag can be on Halo with just two, three or four people?
>
> It’s a joke.

Is there any way at all to change this ?

I think 4 is enough

> I think 4 is enough

It would be really fun to have like atleast 6

I’m pretty sure 4 is enough, more could easily get out of hands…

> > Because the lag would be a joke, have you seen how bad lag can be on Halo with just two, three or four people?
> >
> > It’s a joke.
>
> Is there any way at all to change this ?

Yes, but it would be a pain in the -Yoink-.

See - campaign levels are HUGE compared to multiplayer maps - even Boneyard (which is completely in the Pillar of Autumn campaign mission) so adding more players (each needing to send information about where they are in the map, who they are shooting at etc at all times to the host) would just bog down the game on it’s own. Then you add in that in campaign, there are hundreds of enemies, where in multiplayer, it’s a total of 16 players total on any given map.

Do you see where issues could arise?

Fixing this would require “loading” screens that last probably double as long as pregame loading screens if not longer to compensate for the amount of enemies on the level, and probably would require smaller campaign maps, or at least taking the full campaign levels and splitting them into individual map files that would each need to be loaded by each player each time you got to that point of the game.

Is it possible? Yes. Is it feasible? Probably not on the 360 but maybe on the xb3. Will it happen? Probably not.