More mods needed on Waypoint?

So, a question that’s been flying around a bit lately is that of the condition of the Waypoint community- more specifically the rampant trolling, flaming, hating and unconstructive posting throughout the forums. A number of people I’ve talked to agree that the limited number of active monitors on the forums are having a difficult time dealing with all the violations and trolling, and that it would be a good idea for 343i to appoint a couple more users as mods, at least until the forums settle down again.
I’ve expressed interest in signing on as a moderator, although I’m fairly certain there are more qualified members out there.
Anyways, what do you all think? Should Waypoint add a couple of mods to help counter the mess the forums have gotten into, or should we just leave well enough alone?
If I could get any thoughts from existing mods, that’d be great :slight_smile:

I would’ve said this before but Waypoint and I weren’t exactly on the same page: I, too, would not be reluctant to become a moderator, however, I’m quite sure I lack some of the necessary skills and qualifications. As I have said before, there’re plenty of people who, I’m sure, harbor these exact skills. Whether or not they’d be willing, well, that’s another story. In either case, I’m surprised 343i hasn’t taken these people (not naming names) into consideration.

Now, I have a question of my own to ask: To any trolls, flamers, haters, or… anyone who’s new here who’s actually respectable, how’d you find out about this place? If you already knew about it, what drew you to it so recently? My best guess is the most recent update. This brings me to my next point.

Having only been here a limited time I have almost no way of knowing what transpired in these forums from their conception until I arrived here over a year ago. However, in the time I was here, the forums were quite peaceful and tranquil… until a few months ago; when the update came around that most notably gave Waypoint its new look. Not only did it just “mix things up a little”, it attracted and invited a whole new group of people into the forums. This is not a bad thing, of course. New people are always welcome. What is a bad thing is the lack of moderator support. The surge of newbies simply overwhelmed them, which, while understandable, is not acceptable.

I’ve gone back and scanned some of the older threads and forum posts from before I was an active member. From what I can tell, instances in which both a change in crowd and a change in mods occur frequently. Yet, the forums not only seemed to be as peaceful and tranquil as ever, they did not make older members feel alienated as they do today. Basically what I’m saying is “things change” is not the answer to the most recent… activity.

Moving forward, much of the disgusting behavior I’ve witnessed over the past several months could be blamed on the not-so-great launch of Halo: The Master Chief Collection or the disappointing – to some – Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta. But I can put an end to that rebuttal real quick. Ever since the new update released, forum activity has been at an all-time high where as forum morality, on the other hand, has been at an all-time low. I witnessed frequent rule-breakers long before the launch of TMCC. Although their crimes were not as severe as what occurs today, they still happened, and just about as often too. The Master Chief Collection and the Halo 5 Beta merely enhanced them.

Hopefully you were able to understand this. I usually don’t write long posts because I feel as if people rarely understand them.
Basically, what I’m trying to say here is… well… we need more moderators.
To whomever does the hiring, whether it be 343 Industries or the moderators themselves, get to it.

The moderators used to do a damn fine job at what they did. No reason that should change.

Waypoint has unjust rules, why would you support/encourage them? I wonder if there is a way we can give waypoint feedback about their guidelines in hopes of improving them. Right now the rules are terrible. I would like to give constructive feedback so waypoint can return to the great place it used to be (2012)

> 2533274952179659;3:
> Waypoint has unjust rules, why would you support/encourage them?!
>
> im not going to go into detail about whats wrong with waypoint/guidelines/moderation publicly but I can PM you if you want to know. I could write a book on it.

Waypoint’s rules are just fine.

Would you prefer to be bashed and bullied when expressing an idea or opinion? Or would you prefer to be offered constructive criticism if some disagrees with your views?

Without the moderators, Waypoints morality has dropped significantly; people get bullied left and right, something that didn’t use to happen. This is unjust. Are you saying you support peoples’ violent behavior towards others?

EDIT: If you’re referring to the fact that we can’t offer new moderation ideas publicly. Than I agree with you on that point. But most, if not all, of the remaining rules should remain the same and be properly enforced.

I too feel that there are way too many rampant threads that spiral out of control without notice. More mods would be very nice. Like I said earlier in our chat, I’d be the guy to ban whoever disagreed with me, and I think that’s what they’re afraid of, is normal everyday members abusing the banhammer. And then there’s the commitment that goes into. Reading thread after thread, post after post, going through people’s reports and complaints, receiving hate messages from the -Yoink- who thinks he was unjustly banned.
But there is definitely a surplus of trolls on Waypoint.

@Xindus:
Bilbo Baggins’ journey isn’t the only one that can be called ‘There and Back Again’. :stuck_out_tongue: The gamertag changes once more.

You could forward your thoughts and suggestions on to TashiGAF and B is for Bravo, a few of us have already done so over the last few days :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;6:
> You could forward your thoughts and suggestions on to TashiGAF and B is for Bravo, a few of us have already done so over the last few days :slight_smile:

I have just finished doing exactly that! :slight_smile:
Hopefully, this will provoke a change in forum moderation for the better. 'Cause as of now it’s… dwindling.

> 2533274974457747;5:
> @Xindus:
> Bilbo Baggins’ journey isn’t the only one that can be called ‘There and Back Again’. :stuck_out_tongue: The gamertag changes once more.

I have decided that I do, in fact, like this GT. XD

> 2533274883157952;4:
> > 2533274952179659;3:
> > Waypoint has unjust rules, why would you support/encourage them?!
> >
> > im not going to go into detail about whats wrong with waypoint/guidelines/moderation publicly but I can PM you if you want to know. I could write a book on it.
>
>
>
> Waypoint’s rules are just fine.
>
> Would you prefer to be bashed and bullied when expressing an idea or opinion? Or would you prefer to be offered constructive criticism if some disagrees with your views?
>
> Without the moderators, Waypoints morality has dropped significantly; people get bullied left and right, something that didn’t use to happen. This is unjust. Are you saying you support peoples’ violent behavior towards others?
>
> EDIT: If you’re referring to the fact that we can’t offer new moderation ideas publicly. Than I agree with you on that point. But most, if not all, of the remaining rules should remain the same and be properly enforced.

I sent you a PM, because I don’t want to get in trouble for publicly “discussing moderation”

I think more would be appropriate. Although I think it is an activity problem as well. I think Waypoint has quite a few mods, but only a few really active ones. This becomes a problem every time there is a huge announcement or a major complaint blows up across the forums.

> 2533274883157952;4:
> > 2533274952179659;3:
> > Waypoint has unjust rules, why would you support/encourage them?!
> >
> > im not going to go into detail about whats wrong with waypoint/guidelines/moderation publicly but I can PM you if you want to know. I could write a book on it.
>
>
> Waypoint’s rules are just fine.
>
> Would you prefer to be bashed and bullied when expressing an idea or opinion? Or would you prefer to be offered constructive criticism if some disagrees with your views?
>
> Without the moderators, Waypoints morality has dropped significantly; people get bullied left and right, something that didn’t use to happen. This is unjust. Are you saying you support peoples’ violent behavior towards others?
>
> EDIT: If you’re referring to the fact that we can’t offer new moderation ideas publicly. Than I agree with you on that point. But most, if not all, of the remaining rules should remain the same and be properly enforced.

I think hes more referring to any negative post lands you a perm ban.

> 2533274812652989;9:
> I think more would be appropriate. Although I think it is an activity problem as well. I think Waypoint has quite a few mods, but only a few really active ones. This becomes a problem every time there is a huge announcement or a major complaint blows up across the forums.

It doesnt help 75% of the Halo community are banned here.

> 2533274825726490;11:
> > 2533274812652989;9:
> > I think more would be appropriate. Although I think it is an activity problem as well. I think Waypoint has quite a few mods, but only a few really active ones. This becomes a problem every time there is a huge announcement or a major complaint blows up across the forums.
>
>
> It doesnt help 75% of the Halo community are banned here.

I would personally prefer 75% of the population remaining banned over the other possibility, this place becoming another halo.bungie.net.

> 2533274825726490;11:
> It doesnt help 75% of the Halo community are banned here.

And for good reason! Because if they weren’t… shudders

More moderators are always a good thing, but it also depends on their commitment level, as they are not paid to do so. Also, I wonder if they employ the same requirement Bungie did, you shouldn’t ask to be a moderator.

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts or post spam.</mark>

Good moderators and understanding ones are always greatly appreciated!

EDIT: They’ve abused the community enough. #OT

I think mods are only good for machnimas but not for unfair stuff mods can ruin stuff but they’re sometimes good for something

idk man maybe