More meele weapons

I’d love to see more meele weapons like the Jiralhanae Combat Knife, energy dagger and the curve blade.
A land promethean vehicle and return of brute weaponry like the H2 bruteshot.

Imagine using the Jiralhanae combat knife in a stealth mission in the campaign were it’s a lot of grunts sleeping. Would be amazing xD

what do you think? More stealth missions and meele weapons?

I want a human and promethean melee weapon.

> 2533275031939856;2:
> I want a human and promethean melee weapon.

Yes, would be nice to get that in Halo 6

I would like to see the promethian melee weapon as something exotic like an energy whip. The sword and hammer are cool and all, but I always imagined the forerunners would use something a little more unique

I thought for sure in H5 we would have had Promethian equivalent of the energy sword. Kind of like the one the Knights use. I still think that would be cool to have.

While I would like to see a Promethean melee weapon, I would not like an abundance of melee weapon other than cosmetics for assassinations. Halo is not a melee-based game, and having a lot of melee weapons would detract from the classic Halo experience.

Perhaps there’s potential for the burn blade from Broken Circle to make a return? Would be cool to see the precursor to the energy sword in game play imo

> 2533274913913392;6:
> While I would like to see a Promethean melee weapon, I would not like an abundance of melee weapon other than cosmetics for assassinations. Halo is not a melee-based game, and having a lot of melee weapons would detract from the classic Halo experience.

This is a fair point. But I think it would be okay for each faction to have one melee weapon each (combat knife, energy sword, gravity hammer, Promethean blade, and one for whatever other factions might be joining in).

> 2535435902217648;7:
> Perhaps there’s potential for the burn blade from Broken Circle to make a return? Would be cool to see the precursor to the energy sword in game play imo
>
>
> > 2533274913913392;6:
> > While I would like to see a Promethean melee weapon, I would not like an abundance of melee weapon other than cosmetics for assassinations. Halo is not a melee-based game, and having a lot of melee weapons would detract from the classic Halo experience.
>
> This is a fair point. But I think it would be okay for each faction to have one melee weapon each (combat knife, energy sword, gravity hammer, Promethean blade, and one for whatever other factions might be joining in).

Thing is, melee weapons need to have something to make them viable in a game with guns. For the energy sword and gravity hammer, that is their one-hit-kill capabilities. Having a UNSC combat knife be able to kill a spartan in one hit (in anything but an assassination animation) would be kind of silly, and being a 2 or 3 hit melee kill weapon would instantly make it worthless as our normal melee does that. The melee weapons also need to be able to be unique. The Promethean blade needs something to make it different from the energy sword if it is included. Th gravity hammer was able to do this as it has almost no lunge, has the area-of-effect perk, and isn’t always an instant kill. There is no reason to have a Promethean blade if it behaves the same as a reskinned energy sword.

> 2533275031939856;2:
> I want a human and promethean melee weapon.

Well, you can count the promethean bayonet as a promethean weapon in Halo 5 I guess

> 2535419166122192;9:
> > 2533275031939856;2:
> > I want a human and promethean melee weapon.
>
> Well, you can count the promethean bayonet as a promethean weapon in Halo 5 I guess

Nah I want something equivalent to the sword and hammer

A flail like melee weapon would be cool, I like the energy sword and gravity hammer but not having to get so dangerously close to enemies usually carrying guns would have some interesting gameplay.

A stealth mission would be cool so long as it requires stealth and doesn’t immediately turn into a firefight but that would kinda take away form the game play i feel.

The UNSC “melee” weapon it is called a shotgun. The UNSC doesn’t need a sword/hammer type melee weapon anymore than the Covenant need a shotgun. Having X faction’s version of Y weapon is lazy design and its the reason so much of the Halo sandbox lacks personality.

But hey, I’d be all for customizable knives for assassinations and the like, they just don’t need to be standalone weapons.

If you plan the want a melee weapon for faction s, you have to make it unique and iconic than its other melee weapons

Gimme the promethean Knight blade and I’ll be happy

> 2533274913913392;8:
> > 2535435902217648;7:
> > Perhaps there’s potential for the burn blade from Broken Circle to make a return? Would be cool to see the precursor to the energy sword in game play imo
> >
> >
> > > 2533274913913392;6:
> > > While I would like to see a Promethean melee weapon, I would not like an abundance of melee weapon other than cosmetics for assassinations. Halo is not a melee-based game, and having a lot of melee weapons would detract from the classic Halo experience.
> >
> > This is a fair point. But I think it would be okay for each faction to have one melee weapon each (combat knife, energy sword, gravity hammer, Promethean blade, and one for whatever other factions might be joining in).
>
> Thing is, melee weapons need to have something to make them viable in a game with guns. For the energy sword and gravity hammer, that is their one-hit-kill capabilities. Having a UNSC combat knife be able to kill a spartan in one hit (in anything but an assassination animation) would be kind of silly, and being a 2 or 3 hit melee kill weapon would instantly make it worthless as our normal melee does that. The melee weapons also need to be able to be unique. The Promethean blade needs something to make it different from the energy sword if it is included. Th gravity hammer was able to do this as it has almost no lunge, has the area-of-effect perk, and isn’t always an instant kill. There is no reason to have a Promethean blade if it behaves the same as a reskinned energy sword.

I see what you mean. One of my problems with some of the Promethean weapons is that they just feel like re-skinned versions of other weapons we already have. So I still think there’s potential for each faction to have its own melee weapon, but you’re right that they each need to be unique in some way.

  • For the combat knife, perhaps you could throw it? Though this would require you to go pick it up lol - For the Promethean blade, perhaps it could have a defensive aspect where you can block melee attacks with it. That doesn’t necessarily make it unique as an offensive weapon, but could be a very interesting tool for providing defense. The energy sword is based on Forerunner tech I believe, so it would make sense for it to be similar to the Promethean blade, but adding a defensive feature might be enough to make it unique

Th katana of halo 3?Never seen

I would like to use that fancy looking knight blade those knights are hoarding for themselves. could be used like the energy sword except with no speed boost, and much slower rate of swing (fire), but you’d be able to hit players that are to the side of you and have a small knock back effect on vehicles. and if the spiker or brute shot returns can 343 make sure they do more melee damage?

> 2533274874690673;1:
> I’d love to see more meele weapons like the Jiralhanae Combat Knife, energy dagger and the curve blade.
> A land promethean vehicle and return of brute weaponry like the H2 bruteshot.
>
> Imagine using the Jiralhanae combat knife in a stealth mission in the campaign were it’s a lot of grunts sleeping. Would be amazing xD
>
> what do you think? More stealth missions and meele weapons?

they all serve the same purpose… maybe in the campaign thats an ok idea, but in multiplayer, those will just be more reqs people don’t use.

The Promethean slicing arm should be turned into a melee weapon when blown or torn of