More map interactivity. Less Forge

Look at all the Multiplayer maps in Reach and notice there how they all lack map interactivity. Like autoopening doors, switches, moving objects, conveyor belts, interactive objects.

Why? Because they have forge. And those maps aren’t even designed for forge, they just stuck some crates and shield doors on the map.

So in Halo 4, maps should focus on map interactivity, unless the map is designed for good forging.

Agreed. The maps need to be more interactive this time around.

(Also, if anybody knows; I’m changing my GT soon. Is that going to affect me coming here in anyway?)

Yes. Finally someone said it. Remember those energy bridges in CE? Imagine forging a map with two bases and nothing connecting them to eachother but a couple of energy bridges. If an enemy is crossing the bridge, just deactivate it and send them falling to their inevitable demise.

Perfect for 2 flag CTF (IMO). Would require a lot of teamwork to win.

> Look at all the Multiplayer maps in Reach and notice there how they all lack map interactivity. Like autoopening doors, switches, moving objects, conveyor belts, interactive objects.
>
> Why? Because they have forge. And those maps aren’t even designed for forge, they just stuck some crates and shield doors on the map.
>
> So in Halo 4, maps should focus on map interactivity, unless the map is designed for good forging.

All the released maps should shouldn’t be forged at all.

I must say, more essence of Last Resort, Containment and Waterworks would be nice.

I want a light-bridge that I can shut on and off, ala Halo Wars…

Interactivity was definitely a nice addition in Halo 2 and 3. I would love for more interactive gameplay spaces on some multiplayer maps, mostly the bigger ones that are more suitable for interactivity. Would be even better if we also had interactive parts in Forge we could use for maps.

> I must say, more essence of Last Resort, Containment and Waterworks would be nice.
>
> I want an light-bridge that I can shut on and off, ala Halo Wars…

Ever since CE I’ve wanted something like this. Even if it was something little like Narrows bottom middle bridge. It would be neat for sure.

I always loved Containment for the gates. So awesome… I made a thread about interactivity before and how it has been getting lessened with each game. Halo 2 maps were filled with it. Then they started taking the man cannon/shield door approach with everything.

Containment - Button for both bases that temporarily opened up 2 gates. Big Explosives all over the map.

Midship - Floating middle platform slightly movable.

Backwash- Fog. Not really interactive but still…

Ascention - Moving Antenna.

Colossus - Big lift in the middle. Explosives on conveyor belts that travels throught the whole map.

Relic - Button that opened up a teleporter.

Ivory Tower - Elevator.

Sandtrap - Elephant…

Gemini - Opening/closing doors. They would open when you were close to the doors. You could easily use them to your advantage.

Zanzibar - Big spinning wheel. Bridge that can be knocked down in the middle. Button to open the gate base. Really made CTF and Assault intense.

Elongation - Moving crates on 2 conveyor belts that could take you from one side of them to to the other.

Terminal - 2 trains 1 map. :wink:

Turf- Large swing door and small knockdownable bridges.

Standoff - Base gates and windows opened by hitting a button.

I’m sure their are a ton more that I’m missing…

This video contains a bunch of these things. I’d suggest watching it either way because it’s my favorite video ever that features multiplayer maps. :slight_smile:

Maps should be more interactive but the most exciting thing about the halo games these days are the forge.

I am expecting the best of halo 3’s forge with the best of halo reachs forge

> Why? Because they have forge. And those maps aren’t even designed for forge, they just stuck some crates and shield doors on the map.

I wouldn’t necessarily blame the lack of map interactivity solely on forge, however I agree - map interactivity do add awesomeness to multiplayer.

Terminal <33333

The only map with something moving in Reach, would be Reflection. I agree; more map interaction is pretty cool.

> I must say, more essence of Last Resort, Containment and Waterworks would be nice.
>
> I want an light-bridge that I can shut on and off, ala Halo Wars…

Zanzibar felt like the original invasion… getting in and opening the gate so you could warthog the flag away… epic times in halo 2.

Sorta the same on relic… open the teleporter, pour in, capture the flag… epic times.

You should be able to forge openable and closable gates/doors. I think they should add more UNSC buildings and archaticture to Halo 4 forge( maybe some covenant buildings too).

I love map interactivity It gives players something other than the objective to think about sort of like activating gates and teleporters ads an added advantage and better tactics choices for both sides making gameplay much more fun and intense rather than static walls and bridges

Agreed. Since they are giving a different and slightly more believable feel to halo, this would make it more fun.

Oh definitely. Maps should be like the old days, where the majority is made by the developer, not in forge.

Gotta love Zanzibar’s switches.

> Even if it was something little like Narrows bottom middle bridge. It would be neat for sure.

A light-based footbridge would be awesome for a Narrows-like map.

> I always loved Containment for the gates. So awesome… I made a thread about interactivity before and how it has been getting lessened with each game. Halo 2 maps were filled with it. Then they started taking the man cannon/shield door approach with everything.

Then then they removed the shield doors with updated variations too…?
Longshore was a nice addition to map interactivity, but it was all alone. Orbital could of have been something crazy had the lift been manually operated (least alone the lift worked but only moved once every 30 seconds, ie broken on on).
Ahh as much as I initially disliked many things about Halo2, to reminisce about Ivory Tower’s lift, Colossus’ and Elongation’s conveyors, Zanzibar’s bridge, Ascension’s array, Containment’s giant vehicular doors, Terminal’s train, Waterwork’s stalactites and giant piston… And even Turf’s garbage doors and “catwalks,” the liveliness of the maps was taken outside of our playing field and the backdrops have become more active for Halo3 and Reach for it.

I’d love for the map elements of Halo2 to return with more zeal per map when they’re used (they don’t all have to have moving parts after all).

Also, more maps in motion!

Things like the giant wheel on Zanzibar or the train on Terminal. Maps with moving objects to interact with are always a blast.

> Also, more maps in motion!
>
> Things like the giant wheel on Zanzibar or the train on Terminal. Maps with moving objects to interact with are always a blast.

Your words first made me think of a map where the “arena” is traveling through a “level completed wormhole” from Bejeweled.
(the only game with a cooler announcer than Halo… I mean having no more moves never felt more awesome than when that guy says it.)