More immersive HUD for campaign and multiplayer?

In my opinion, a HUD that makes it look like you really do have a helmet on your head would be awesome in halo 4. I din’t like the semi-transparent one from halo 3 and odst was a step closer to giving you the impression you were wearing one. I just think we would get (like i said earlier) a more immersive experience. What do you guys think?

I think it would be rather annoying, for I feel it would limit your view if you had an “actual” helmet on. The HUD is fine the way it is, not to mention the Spartan helmets are designed to give you the POV that’s seen in the game. Changing the HUD that exponentially would create a less “Halo”-y experience.

> I think it would be rather annoying, for I feel it would limit your view if you had an “actual” helmet on. The HUD is fine the way it is, not to mention the Spartan helmets are designed to give you the POV that’s seen in the game. Changing the HUD that exponentially would create a less “Halo”-y experience.

not sure about that, im not asking for an eod helmet with minimal sight, something nice that makes you realize you are wearing something

Personally I like it and it would be amazing if there was different huds for some helmets like the E.V.A

Sounds okay, but how would that work in multiplayer?

I don’t want anything around the border to reduce my sight, but I would like more items on the HUD like teamates alive VS Opponents alive, objective status, weapon timers, etc… Things like that.

I’d kill for a HUD like the one in Metroid Prime, where the environment affects your view. For example, stand next to a steam vent, and your visor gets fogged. Splat an alien, goo splatters your screen. A bright flash gives you a glimpse of your own reflection. Actually… That last one might not work. But Metroid Prims should be a great inspiration for 343 when it comes to environment design and HUD interaction.