More Female Armour?

I’ve been playing Halo for a few years now and I’ve noticed the female community growing quite a bit since the start of H5. I think the addition of female spartans was a really good step although, I find, there isn’t enough choice for me if I want to look feminine.

I’d like to see a few more customisations and weapon skins for people who want their spartan to look more feminine, what do you guys & girls think? :slight_smile:

I think that it is armor, it should be there to prevent things from entering your body and do damage to your organs, not make you look stylish and beautiful.
But that is me, and I tend to go with practical armor over style.

Hmm… Try the Intruder armor? I kinda thought the armors were supposed to be unisex. And this is where full armor customization would come in play. Not talking Halo Reach style, but more Halo 4… Probably the most sleekest in design but still practical is the Scout armor worn by commander palmer. They were designed with practicality in mind not for stylish.

> 2533274802867536;2:
> I think that it is armor, it should be there to prevent things from entering your body and do damage to your organs, not make you look stylish and beautiful.
> But that is me, and I tend to go with practical armor over style.

I like to go with a mix of armour, but why would there be so much choice if people didn’t want to go for style? People have different styles and mine happens to be feminine.
I’m not trying to say I want to look ‘beautiful’ and have a tiara on, I’d just like some more slim line armour.

Or is that too much to ask? :frowning:

Explain to me, why exactly do the Spartans, one of the UNSC’s most powerful and expensive assets, need to look feminine or stylish? MJOLNIR armor is meant to function as armor, not the next thing in fashion trends.

Its -Yoinking!- armor it doesn’t have a -Yoink!- assigned to it.

Copperhead, Interceptor, and some of Blue Team’s armor look feminine. IMO

Helmets such as Hermes, EVA, Rajin, and Air Assault are good choices too. Void Dancer helmet is great for both. :slight_smile:

How about instead we try to make some nice, gender neutral armor like most of the armor sets from Halo’s 1-3 and Reach. Even 4 and 5 (as much as I dislike the armor designs from those games) have some pretty decent armor that looks cool on both male and female Spartans.

Edit: Maybe we should stop trying to inject gender politics into everything and just enjoy the game if you do or enjoy other things if you don’t.

Okay then, let me re-word it.

More slimline armour?

> 2533274964416198;9:
> Okay then, let me re-word it.
>
> More slimline armour?

Try the copperhead or scout. Maybe even Infiltrator.

> 2533274964416198;4:
> > 2533274802867536;2:
> > I think that it is armor, it should be there to prevent things from entering your body and do damage to your organs, not make you look stylish and beautiful.
> > But that is me, and I tend to go with practical armor over style.
>
>
> I like to go with a mix of armour, but why would there be so much choice if people didn’t want to go for style? People have different styles and mine happens to be feminine.
> I’m not trying to say I want to look ‘beautiful’ and have a tiara on, I’d just like some more slim line armour.
>
> Or is that too much to ask? :frowning:

Yes and no.
Yes in that Spartans are an Elite combat unit, designed to seek out and destroy threats to the UNSC and their allies. Their armor is designed for combat and intimidation, not style(Like the Defender Armor I am using).
No in that it is a game and because it is a game, certain armors could be added “for fun”, but having armor with breasts hammered into them would look… Off.

> 2533274964416198;4:
> > 2533274802867536;2:
> > I think that it is armor, it should be there to prevent things from entering your body and do damage to your organs, not make you look stylish and beautiful.
> > But that is me, and I tend to go with practical armor over style.
>
>
> I like to go with a mix of armour, but why would there be so much choice if people didn’t want to go for style? People have different styles and mine happens to be feminine.
> I’m not trying to say I want to look ‘beautiful’ and have a tiara on, I’d just like some more slim line armour.
>
> Or is that too much to ask? :frowning:

I can understand why you’d like to display a bit more femininity, when my Girlfriend plays, she too also wishes for a bit more ‘‘lady styled armor’’.

However from the lore and design perspective behind the MJÖLNIR armor: They’re not meant to put any specific emphasis on wether you’re a male or a female. The old GEN1 suits were unisex which is why would couldn’t tell wether one was a female or a male so easily. Halo Reach and Halo Legends did put some changes on that tho. Would make sense in Reach to give the ladies of the Halo community an option to play as a female spartan.

I wouldn’t say it’s too much to ask for but in all honesty, armor isn’t designed with any specific gender in mind.

I know Halo 5 offers SOME suits with less clunky metal parts and all that but that’s about it. It’s about finding the style that suits you the best.

> 2535409103705542;10:
> > 2533274964416198;9:
> > Okay then, let me re-word it.
> >
> > More slimline armour?
>
>
> Try the copperhead or scout.

In my opinion they’ve kinda ruined Scout, I’m really picky with helmets! I’m wearing Air Assault at the moment, nice and simple.

> 2533274802867536;11:
> > 2533274964416198;4:
> > > 2533274802867536;2:
> > > I think that it is armor, it should be there to prevent things from entering your body and do damage to your organs, not make you look stylish and beautiful.
> > > But that is me, and I tend to go with practical armor over style.
> >
> >
> > I like to go with a mix of armour, but why would there be so much choice if people didn’t want to go for style? People have different styles and mine happens to be feminine.
> > I’m not trying to say I want to look ‘beautiful’ and have a tiara on, I’d just like some more slim line armour.
> >
> > Or is that too much to ask? :frowning:
>
>
> Yes and no.
> Yes in that Spartans are an Elite combat unit, designed to seek out and destroy threats to the UNSC and their allies. Their armor is designed for combat and intimidation, not style(Like the Defender Armor I am using).
> No in that it is a game and because it is a game, certain armors could be added “for fun”, but having armor with breasts hammered into them would look… Off.

Dude, I’m not asking for breasts…

> 2533274964416198;14:
> > 2533274802867536;11:
> > > 2533274964416198;4:
> > > > 2533274802867536;2:
> > > > I think that it is armor, it should be there to prevent things from entering your body and do damage to your organs, not make you look stylish and beautiful.
> > > > But that is me, and I tend to go with practical armor over style.
> > >
> > >
> > > I like to go with a mix of armour, but why would there be so much choice if people didn’t want to go for style? People have different styles and mine happens to be feminine.
> > > I’m not trying to say I want to look ‘beautiful’ and have a tiara on, I’d just like some more slim line armour.
> > >
> > > Or is that too much to ask? :frowning:
> >
> >
> > Yes and no.
> > Yes in that Spartans are an Elite combat unit, designed to seek out and destroy threats to the UNSC and their allies. Their armor is designed for combat and intimidation, not style(Like the Defender Armor I am using).
> > No in that it is a game and because it is a game, certain armors could be added “for fun”, but having armor with breasts hammered into them would look… Off.
>
>
> Dude, I’m not asking for breasts…

It was an example(And a quote from Dragon Age at the same time) =)

> 2533274802867536;11:
> > 2533274964416198;4:
> > > I think that it is armor, it should be there to prevent things from entering your body and do damage to your organs, not make you look stylish and beautiful.
> >
> >
> > I like to go with a mix of armour, but why would there be so much choice if people didn’t want to go for style? People have different styles and mine happens to be feminine.
> > I’m not trying to say I want to look ‘beautiful’ and have a tiara on, I’d just like some more slim line armour.
> >
>
>
> Yes and no.
> Yes in that Spartans are an Elite combat unit, designed to seek out and destroy threats to the UNSC and their allies. Their armor is designed for combat and intimidation, not style(Like the Defender Armor I am using).
> No in that it is a game and because it is a game, certain armors could be added “for fun”, but having armor with breasts hammered into them would look… Off.

Just think of a male Spartan wearing that.

And the overall tone in here does seem to lack the proper respect for the wishes of the female sub-community in the overall Halo community.

Guys, there’s nothing wrong with a lady coming on and asking a few questions, posting an opinion or two on the lack of more feminine/Slimline armor.

I look like one of them white knights now with this reply…

Anyways, personally im not so much against 343 potentially adding in some armors, tailored to the ladies. As i posted before, lore and design doesn’t take the female body into account, just the overall human shape.

By all means, they could add it and i wouldn’t be bothered one bit. Same goes for the Elite community, despite it being a bit different topic: They ought to have a chance at playing with their own unique style. Maybe some guy/girl likes playing as the elite minor, general or zealot, so give them that oppourtunity? Expand the possibilities and grant everyone the chance to express themselves as they see fit.

> 2533274824095836;12:
> > 2533274964416198;4:
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> I can understand why you’d like to display a bit more femininity, when my Girlfriend plays, she too also wishes for a bit more ‘‘lady styled armor’’.
>
> However from the lore and design perspective behind the MJÖLNIR armor: They’re not meant to put any specific emphasis on wether you’re a male or a female. The old GEN1 suits were unisex which is why would couldn’t tell wether one was a female or a male so easily. Halo Reach and Halo Legends did put some changes on that tho. Would make sense in Reach to give the ladies of the Halo community an option to play as a female spartan.
>
> I wouldn’t say it’s too much to ask for but in all honesty, armor isn’t designed with any specific gender in mind.
>
> I know Halo 5 offers SOME suits with less clunky metal parts and all that but that’s about it. It’s about finding the style that suits you the best.

Exactly this! We should focus on more gender neutral armor designs that look cool and intimidating, not rediculous and "power ranger"esque. Look at the armor you currently have equipped, the Air Assault, for example. It looks cool and functional for both females and males, and it honestly always has since it first appeared in Reach. The Mark series of armours are also a good example, especially since we’ve seen females wearing Mark IV armor (Red Team from Halo Wars anyone?).

> 2533274964416198;13:
> > 2535409103705542;10:
> > > 2533274964416198;9:
> > > Okay then, let me re-word it.
> > >
> > > More slimline armour?
> >
> >
> > Try the copperhead or scout.
>
>
> In my opinion they’ve kinda ruined Scout, I’m really picky with helmets! I’m wearing Air Assault at the moment, nice and simple.

Intruder then with the Nomad armor.

> 2533274802867536;2:
> I think that it is armor, it should be there to prevent things from entering your body and do damage to your organs, not make you look stylish and beautiful.
> But that is me, and I tend to go with practical armor over style.

Yeah I can agree with you on this. It’s armor. It is suppose to be practical.