More disappointment in 'The Champions Bundle'

…and ‘Legendary Slayer’.

2 “new” maps, one of which is a re-make, not sure about the other one as I paid very little attention to it. ‘The Pit’ never worked with AA’s in Reach, and it certainly won’t work in Halo 4. Not only that but since Sprint in now mandatory and we have no option to remove it and 343i still hasn’t removed sprint for ‘Legendary Slayer’ the map will most likely be horrible to play on. Not to mention the DMR and LR will be dominating the 2 sniper towers.
It’s nice to see that the other map is more interactive though.

Ricochet sounds like a mix between American Football and Grifball, it sounds kind of fun to play casually, once in a while, but I won’t be playing it, just like how I don’t play Grifball. I loved Grifball in the Halo 3 days simply because it was a Double XP event, you could only play it for a limited time (excluding custom games) which made it fun. You didn’t get to play it often, so when it was available it was more enjoyable to play. Now that it is a permanent playlist, it is nowhere near as fun personally.
Imagine only being able to eat your favourite food once a month, then being able to eat it every day. You will eventually get sick of eating it all the time, and will stop eating it. That is how Grifball is for me now.

I personally do not like Armour and Weapon skins, never have and never will. I understand that others do like them, and I appreciate that, but spending money on it is ludicrous, for me at least. The 2 Skin packs (+ The bonus if you buy the bundle) are pointless, yes, I understand that people have been asking for more Armour and Weapons skins (ODST and Mark V being extremely popular), but they add no substance to game-play. It is purely aesthetic.

Stances are also stupid and pointless, and I don’t know why we are getting more. In Far Cry 3 multiplayer, (although it is terrible) you can choose your victory celebration (Can’t remember the actual name) where you could forgive the enemy, kill them, beat them up a bit, at the end of the game in a cutscene. If stances worked like that, then maybe it would be a little less useless, but they would still have little to no use in the game.

’Resistor’ Tactical Package enables people to sprint whilst being shot without having to suffer the effects of stopping power for a few moments. Essentially making it easier to run away whilst being shot. Levels of facedesk, 6/10.
’Survivor’ Armour Mod ejects you out of a vehicle if it’s about to explode… Levels of facedesk now up to 9/10.
’Recharge’ Armour Mod decreases the time it takes for your shields to recharge. Why can’t we just make this the standard and have no need to make it an Armour Mod? 11/10 facedesk’d hard.

As for ‘Legendary Slayer’, you can still sprint and it is AR’s only… All of my wut. I don’t mind AR starts, but no Magnum? I imagine BR’s and Carbine’s will be map pick-ups, which is a good thing. But Sprint? Seriously? How many times have we asked for no sprint, yet everytime we have to suffer the same issues with sprint simply because “Sprint iz teh future”. Let us (read:me) have just one play list where we (read:I) can see how Halo 4 plays without sprint.

I guess you can call this a rant, I would have put it in someone else’s thread but couldn’t find one that covered all the bases. Maybe in the time that I spent writing this (In-between watching the Ashes and le Tour de France, it has literally taken me like 5 hours to finish this) someone may have posted something like this.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

only read the first bit got too bored…

I agree 100% with the OP, but I know that Microsoft is still going to get my $9 simply because Halo 4 is really the only game I own, and I want to be able to play anything whenever I want to.

The new armor mods are pants-on-head-stupid, though.

EDIT: Apparently the “r” word for mentally handicapped wordfilters to “limited” now.

Just felt I need to address what you said here, the rest I didn’t bother reading properly/didn’t care:

> ‘Resistor’ Tactical Package enables people to sprint whilst being shot without having to suffer the effects of stopping power for a few moments. Essentially making it easier to run away whilst being shot. Levels of facedesk, 6/10.

Those few moments are a few seconds, so if you’re out in the open (for example on Ragnarok/Longbow) you’re still screwed.

> ‘Survivor’ Armour Mod ejects you out of a vehicle if it’s about to explode… Levels of facedesk now up to 9/10.

Have you not seen how easy vehicles are to destroy in this game? You only have to fart and they’re 1 shot. All this will do is reduce how many vehicles deaths are caused by DMR spammers. Rockets and Spartan lasers are still a threat.

> ‘Recharge’ Armour Mod decreases the time it takes for your shields to recharge. Why can’t we just make this the standard and have no need to make it an Armour Mod? 11/10 facedesk’d hard.

This isn’t as bad as what you make out, as I don’t think it will be as drastic as you think. The decrease will more than likely be about half a second difference, similar to how the Shielding mod works.

> Those few moments are a few seconds, so if you’re out in the open (for example on Ragnarok/Longbow) you’re still screwed.

It is still bad for the game, as it still functions as a get out of jail free card, as the player would most likely of already got away in those “few moments”.

> Have you not seen how easy vehicles are to destroy in this game? You only have to fart and they’re 1 shot. All this will do is reduce how many vehicles deaths are caused by DMR spammers. Rockets and Spartan lasers are still a threat.

So? Its still a get out of jail free card for vehicle users, there are much better ways of balancing vehicles, such as upping the health, reducing the effect of the Plasma Pistol.

> This isn’t as bad as what you make out, as I don’t think it will be as drastic as you think. The decrease will more than likely be about half a second difference, similar to how the Shielding mod works.

Yeah, but when you consider you can put shielding and recharge together as they are in separate category’s, it becomes a problem.

OP: I fully agree with you, however I do wish they added options to Ricochet so we could remake Assault, unlikely though, it will be interesting to see if it works in competitive play.

I also recommend a bullet point TL DR as a summary seeing as two people haven’t bothered to read the whole thing already.

“I don’t like “XYZ” so I don’t care about it, why bother putting it in, I think it’s fun personally”…ok for you.

As much as I have been flailing about at 343i/Microsoft over their unfinished game, stupid decisions, lies after the fact about map pack “14 day passes” (just a reminder that I gave YOU a pass 343), leaving out whole game modes, practically ignoring the biggest thread about crap custom games and Forge controls, having people pay for stances (oooOOOOooo, STAAANCES!)…giving us something new free or paid is not an issue.

I don’t personally love race type games, but seeing that they decimated a whole part of the community by leaving it out of H4? STUPID. I want the racing games community to have it back, and it’s a little nice to see 343i are (sort of) trying. It’s the eliminating / leaving out / forgetting to put in / cheap-ing out on other game types, custom controls, FLYING VEHICLES, Forge options and controls…Also, taking too long to give classic and expected game play in MM, when infinity could have simply been one side of the coin…It’s not letting us have what we expected mixed in with the new that always bothered the majority of those who complain.

Look, it is SMART to give your customers a CHOICE where they can play the game the way they want. This is a step in that direction. I am glad to get a game type that looks like fun. I don’t think I am going to play it every day, but then…I can if I want. I don’t have it as my ONLY choice. And I am happy if other players can play the game the way they want to as well.

> OP: I fully agree with you, however I do wish they added options to Ricochet so we could remake Assault, unlikely though, it will be interesting to see if it works in competitive play.

Thanks for the support mate. I have been playing a bit of Reach every now and again, and I must say I do miss Assault.

> I also recommend a bullet point TL DR as a summary seeing as two people haven’t bothered to read the whole thing already.

I hate TL:DR’s. How I see it is, if you are on the forums, and you don’t want to read what people are saying, why are you even here?
There is the rare occasion where I will comment TL:DR, but usually it is because what I was reading wasn’t coherent. I have made numerous paragraphs and tried to keep it short, if people don’t want to read it then that really isn’t my problem.
I may consider writing one up, but for now I can’t be bothered as I am mid-way through exercising.

then simply don’t buy it.

> then simply don’t buy it.

This has nothing to do with me buying it, it is more of the direction that Halo is taking. I never mentioned it in my OP, since I didn’t want to have to deal with people raging at me for saying it, but Halo is slowly becoming everything I hate in modern gaming, especially in FPS’s.

From the horribly stale, unoriginal game-play (Campaign and Spartan Ops included), to Skin DLC’s and micro-transactions (although the latter will not feature in Halo 4).
One of my close mates gave up on Halo at Reach since I told him not to bother buying 4, and honestly… I am starting to think maybe it’s time for me to call time on Halo.

I will always be a gamer, and I will always be a fan of Halo. But everything that has happened in the last 3-4 years, is getting to me. I want to see how John’s story ends, but now I don’t even know when it will end since it is no longer a trilogy and more of a saga.
Halo Xbox One is Halo’s last bastion, if it fails, then I will be gone.

> > then simply don’t buy it.
>
> This has nothing to do with me buying it, it is more of the direction that Halo is taking. I never mentioned it in my OP, since I didn’t want to have to deal with people raging at me for saying it, but Halo is slowly becoming everything I hate in modern gaming, especially in FPS’s.
>
> From the horribly stale, unoriginal game-play (Campaign and Spartan Ops included), to Skin DLC’s and micro-transactions (although the latter will not feature in Halo 4).
> One of my close mates gave up on Halo at Reach since I told him not to bother buying 4, and honestly… I am starting to think maybe it’s time for me to call time on Halo.
>
> I will always be a gamer, and I will always be a fan of Halo. But everything that has happened in the last 3-4 years, is getting to me. I want to see how John’s story ends, but now I don’t even know when it will end since it is no longer a trilogy and more of a saga.
> Halo Xbox One is Halo’s last bastion, if it fails, then I will be gone.

I’ve enjoyed every Halo game before and after title updates. The way I see it, there seem to be a significant amount of people having fun with the game regardless of its faults. Personally, if people want to complain and threaten to leave the game, then just do it already. Its not like the people enjoying the game know you or even care that you’re gone.
People blame 343 for most of the changes, but they seem to forget that it was BUNGIE who started these changes, simply because they wanted to rush a game they didn’t want to make in the first place (since their contract with Microsoft ended 3 years prior to Reach’s release). If Bungie weren’t still under contract to make Reach, then things such as armour abilities wouldn’t have existed and Halo 4 might have been closer to Halo 3 like people wanted. But it seems to me a majority of fans must have liked things Bungie implemented in Reach to warrant their in Halo 4.

> Personally, if people want to complain and threaten to leave the game, then just do it already. Its not like the people enjoying the game know you or even care that you’re gone.

I’m not threatening to leave, I’m stating my intentions. If the next Halo game is bad, I will be leaving. There is 2 old threads on bungie.net where I was raging like a little lunatic, threatening to stop playing Reach. I have matured since then, so now I won’t act like such a pretentious moron.

> Bungie rant

I didn’t blame 343i or Microsoft for the failure of Halo. Every party has their part in the downfall of Halo (Including Bungie), and quite frankly it I’m not surprised that it is happening. Every successful franchise will ultimately die out eventually, but some companies know when to let it die out.

343i saw that Reach wasn’t that popular, but they continued the path, so they are no better than Bungie.

> <mark>I’m not threatening to leave, I’m stating my intentions. If the next Halo game is bad, I will be leaving</mark>. There is 2 old threads on bungie.net where I was raging like a little lunatic, threatening to stop playing Reach. I have matured since then, so now I won’t act like such a pretentious moron.

Oh please. There were hundreds of threads just like this on Bungie’s forums when Halo 3 came out, full of people complaining about Halo 3 not being like Halo 2 and saying they weren’t going to play unless they got what they wanted. Yet they continued to play Halo 3.
And guess what? The same thing happened when Halo Reach came out. People complained that it was nothing like previous games and weren’t going to play the newer game. And guess what? Yet again they continued to play. So forgive me if I don’t believe what you said here.

> 343i saw that Reach wasn’t that popular, but they continued the path, so they are no better than Bungie.

Forgive me, but I was under the impression that Bungie/343 had to do what its bosses, Microsoft, told them to do. You know, since Microsoft are the ones who actually OWN the copyrights and licencing to the Halo franchise and have done since 2000 when they acquired Bungie.
343 is just a Microsoft owned development team. If Microsoft want to continue its flagship Xbox franchise, it will. And 343 have to, under contract, develop the games asked for by its employer.

> People complained that it was nothing like previous games and weren’t going to play the newer game. And guess what? Yet again they continued to play. So forgive me if I don’t believe what you said here.

You don’t need to believe me, but it is happening. I vowed never to buy another Pokemon game again after 3rd gen (Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald), to this day I haven’t purchased another Pokemon game. If Halo Xbox One is awful, I will not be buying another Halo game after that.
I vowed never to buy another CoD game after Black Ops, but I bought MW3 about 5 days after it released. I was disappointed in myself, but part of me wanted to know how it ended. After a week of owning it (and 100% it), I returned it and I am glad that I did that now. It confirmed my hatred of that franchise, and I have no immediate plans to buy another CoD game.

> 343 is just a Microsoft owned development team. If Microsoft want to continue its flagship Xbox franchise, it will. And 343 have to, under contract, develop the games asked for by its employer.

Bungie/343 have to develop a game if they are contracted to, but they are in control of what was in the game. Microsoft have very little control over what actually goes into a Halo game.
Microsoft own the IP, but 343i/Bungie actually makes the game.

> You don’t need to believe me, but it is happening.

Not gonna lie, don’t particularly care if you leave or not. But I’ve seen too many of these forum posts to take it seriously.

> Bungie/343 have to develop a game if they are contracted to, but they are in control of what was in the game. Microsoft have very little control over what actually goes into a Halo game.
> Microsoft own the IP, but 343i/Bungie actually makes the game.

What goes into the game is irrelevant to what I said. My point was that the franchise will continue as long as Microsoft wants it to, regardless of who is developing it. And like I said in a previous post, the majority of players must have liked the things that carried over from Reach to warrant their inclusion in Halo 4.

OP,

How old are you? This sounds like something written from -Yoink!-. “Level of face desk 6/10”? Really? Did you actually thrust your face into the desk you’re sitting at or you couldn’t come up with anything appropriate to write?

I understand you don’t like the direction Halo is heading? That’s fine. You’re welcome to your opinion. Unfortunately for you, change is where things go. Nothing will ever be like the previous installation of a game. Ever. Things will change, evolve and change again. There will be people like you who will rant and rave, trying to keep things exactly like the game before it, making only small chips in the giant brick wall their talking st and there will be people who embrace change and will enjoy wherever Halo goes while it lasts.

Don’t be confused, Halo won’t last forever. It will come to a point where it will stop releasing games, and maybe in 20 to 30 years be rebooted as a new series, or just fade into history. It is inevitable.

Until then you’re welcome to enjoy it or spend your time ranting. But no one really cares if you leave the series and swear off buying another Halo game because in the end it’s just a toy, another game, and it’s really not that big of a deal. You don’t like the champions bundle, don’t buy it. That is the best way to get your voice to 343i to make that chip in that brick wall, not a long rant of “this is stupid, therefore I don’t like it therefore it is stupid” which will disappear in a few hours from the front page.

Just to note:

-The Armor mods are free, and will be available to anyone, regardless of map-pack purchases.

• You don’t have to buy the entire Championship bundle. The Maps, Armors, and Skins can all be purchased individually, if you want.

> OP,
>
> How old are you? This sounds like something written from -Yoink!-. “Level of face desk 6/10”? Really? Did you actually thrust your face into the desk you’re sitting at or you couldn’t come up with anything appropriate to write?
>
> I understand you don’t like the direction Halo is heading? That’s fine. You’re welcome to your opinion. Unfortunately for you, change is where things go. Nothing will ever be like the previous installation of a game. Ever. Things will change, evolve and change again. There will be people like you who will rant and rave, trying to keep things exactly like the game before it, making only small chips in the giant brick wall their talking st and there will be people who embrace change and will enjoy wherever Halo goes while it lasts.
>
> Don’t be confused, Halo won’t last forever. It will come to a point where it will stop releasing games, and maybe in 20 to 30 years be rebooted as a new series, or just fade into history. It is inevitable.
>
> Until then you’re welcome to enjoy it or spend your time ranting. But no one really cares if you leave the series and swear off buying another Halo game because in the end it’s just a toy, another game, and it’s really not that big of a deal. You don’t like the champions bundle, don’t buy it. That is the best way to get your voice to 343i to make that chip in that brick wall, not a long rant of “this is stupid, therefore I don’t like it therefore it is stupid” which will disappear in a few hours from the front page.

sorry i havent read the rest of your post but i read the first bit and i have to say, i love you :stuck_out_tongue: its exactly what i was thinking!! :stuck_out_tongue:

> > OP,
> >
> > How old are you? This sounds like something written from -Yoink!-. “Level of face desk 6/10”? Really? Did you actually thrust your face into the desk you’re sitting at or you couldn’t come up with anything appropriate to write?
> >
> > I understand you don’t like the direction Halo is heading? That’s fine. You’re welcome to your opinion. Unfortunately for you, change is where things go. Nothing will ever be like the previous installation of a game. Ever. Things will change, evolve and change again. There will be people like you who will rant and rave, trying to keep things exactly like the game before it, making only small chips in the giant brick wall their talking st and there will be people who embrace change and will enjoy wherever Halo goes while it lasts.
> >
> > Don’t be confused, Halo won’t last forever. It will come to a point where it will stop releasing games, and maybe in 20 to 30 years be rebooted as a new series, or just fade into history. It is inevitable.
> >
> > Until then you’re welcome to enjoy it or spend your time ranting. But no one really cares if you leave the series and swear off buying another Halo game because in the end it’s just a toy, another game, and it’s really not that big of a deal. You don’t like the champions bundle, don’t buy it. That is the best way to get your voice to 343i to make that chip in that brick wall, not a long rant of “this is stupid, therefore I don’t like it therefore it is stupid” which will disappear in a few hours from the front page.
>
> sorry i havent read the rest of your post but i read the first bit and i have to say, i love you :stuck_out_tongue: its exactly what i was thinking!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, never had a fan before. Be sure to read the rest of it.

>

I’m 19, and I didn’t face desk because I had no desk around me, but I did gently punch my head and head-butt the chair a few times (out of disbelief, not anger). I don’t see why you are giving me a speech on change, I’m well aware of the change being made but why does Halo need to be like every other bland game out there? There’s good change, and there is unnecessary change to follow what is most popular, this I’m afraid, is the latter.

> There will be people like you who will rant and rave, trying to keep things exactly like the game before it, making only small chips in the giant brick wall their talking st and there will be people who embrace change and will enjoy wherever Halo goes while it lasts.

What? Please tell me where I said, “keep everything the same”. That’s right, I said nothing of the sort. I embrace change, as long as it is good change. Just because I may have higher standards than you when it comes to Halo doesn’t make me some sort of raving lunatic that gets mad for no apparent reason.
I was very much supportive of the Xbox One pre-policy change, and was annoyed that MS decided to revert their changes. But hey, in your eyes, I must be an angry nostalgic guy who loves getting angry when things change.

You’re right, no one cares whether I stay or go. But I never mentioned that in my OP, I wrote that as a response to someone, and I clearly said I didn’t want to write it in the OP because I didn’t want to have to reply to people getting all defensive about it.
You’re also implying that I even play Halo 4 anymore, that I will even bother purchasing the bundle. I won’t be, to quote yourself “that is the best way to get your voice to 343i to make that chip in that brick wall”.

I’m fairly certain you didn’t understand what I was saying, this has nothing to do with me purchasing the bundle, it has nothing to do with my future in the franchise, it has nothing to do with what horribly stale meme’s I use. This is about Halo, and the fact that it is personally disappointing me that this game is taking the same generic routes as so many other franchises.

It’s not me that will be suffering, nor is it you or any other gamer. It’s the industry that will suffer, and people will either accept the stagnation, or stop gaming.

-I’m okay with the maps.
-I don’t mind paying for new aesthetics like skins and armor, seeing as they have no effect on gameplay whatsoever.
-A new gametype never hurts.
-I’m with you on the new perks. Recharge should have been implemented as part of the weapon tuning, and resistor and survivor are just absolutely moronic additions.