more competitive playlists in h4!!

there needs to be more competitive playlists in both reach and halo 4.

for example, the only competitive game i can get is in mlg, which isnt enough.

arena sucks the maps are stupid, the weapons are also and there is bloom + aa’s

competive playlists should only contain:
(using reach as an example)

by competitive i mean, no noob friendly weapons/aa’s and only balanced maps(mlg maps)

• evade
    -sprint
    -dmr, pistol, rockets, pp, sniper, nade launcher

there should be a competitive
-doubles
-ffa
-another not so competitive version of mlg(arena but tweaked)

doubles on reach is bad because the maps are unbalanced, weapons include shotguns and swords.

i cant hardly get a competitive game, every game is a noob and a guest -Yoink!- aa’s and shotty

come on it is stupid people will agree with me!!

rumble pit is good for social but if you want to actually improve your ffa play you hardly ever get a game with dmr’s, without unbalanced weapons/maps and aa’s! and silly gametypes

let alone arena come on, why is there bloom if its supposed to be competitive, why is there not only sprint or no sprint at all

peace and hear the community!!!

MLG is the most frustrating playlist ever. Everyone just tries to be a pro and use DMR, it’s frustrating as hell landing one shot one a guy and his team just shoots you from all directions.
Sure there’s skilled players, but there’s noo fun involved.

Yeah…you’re definitely new.

MLG just needs to BE the competitive playlist IMO. They are the official competitive gathering. They should be the competitive standard. MLG should be the only ranked 4v4 slayer and objective gametypes. Then not so good players can have their ranked team snipers, ranked team doubles, ect. But that is just me. Arena was just bad. If you need AA’s ( Crutches ) and noob friendly weapons that encourage camping and not map movement, then that ruins it for everybody.

I hope you are saying evade shouldn’t be included. Your format was slightly confusing. Also, I don’t see how shotguns are unfair.

I will agree, most playlists are composed of noobs -Yoink!- AA’s. If we all just had sprint I think it would be best. Jet pack is just more of a nuisance, I could take it or leave it. Get rid of the rest, have them in one playlist if you must.

I also agree, Arena maps are dirty trash water. And arena should be only sprint or nothing at all.

On a side note, why does Slayer Pro constitute no sword but it has rockets?

> MLG is the most frustrating playlist ever. Everyone just tries to be a pro and use DMR, it’s frustrating as hell landing one shot one a guy and his team just shoots you from all directions.
> Sure there’s skilled players, but there’s noo fun involved.

Even players in MLG say “DO NOT GO IN WITHOUT A TEAM”. That is just how MLG is. These guys play on a top tier level. Competitive Halo can be fun. You just have to know how to play and it’s a whole different ball game than default.

> Sure there’s skilled players, but there’s noo fun involved.

Pretty much a perfect summary of so-called “competitive” gaming, in my opinion.

> I hope you are saying evade shouldn’t be included. Your format was slightly confusing. Also, I don’t see how shotguns are unfair.
>
> I will agree, most playlists are composed of noobs -Yoink!- AA’s. If we all just had sprint I think it would be best. Jet pack is just more of a nuisance, I could take it or leave it. Get rid of the rest, have them in one playlist if you must.
>
> I also agree, Arena maps are dirty trash water. And arena should be only sprint or nothing at all.
>
> On a side note, why does Slayer Pro constitute no sword but it has rockets?

i mean evade should be a pick up on the map like on pit

shotguns are so nooby and unbalanced

> Yeah…you’re definitely new.

new to what, not new to the game so shush

> > Sure there’s skilled players, but there’s noo fun involved.
>
> Pretty much a perfect summary of so-called “competitive” gaming, in my opinion.

So inaccurate it’s not even funny. When you actually go, and play at these events, and sit in the huge crowd of fans and watch these amazing players play, and the energy level is amazing. That is where the fun comes in. One of the best experiences of my life and it was way more fun than any MLB or NFL game I get dragged to as a kid because it was Halo.

> So inaccurate it’s not even funny. When you actually go, and play at these events, and sit in the huge crowd of fans and watch these amazing players play, and the energy level is amazing. That is where the fun comes in. One of the best experiences of my life and it was way more fun than any MLB or NFL game I get dragged to as a kid because it was Halo.

I understand that competitive games can imbue one with a certain sense of satisfaction, but, to me, the word “fun” elicits images of players actually smiling, as explosions rip through the terrain, grenades loop through the air on weird trajectories, vehicles crash head first into one another, and the sniper rifle only very occasionally rears its ugly, oblong-shaped head. There is an element of chaos, and concerns over who is the best are buried beneath gales of unremitting laughter.

> > So inaccurate it’s not even funny. When you actually go, and play at these events, and sit in the huge crowd of fans and watch these amazing players play, and the energy level is amazing. That is where the fun comes in. One of the best experiences of my life and it was way more fun than any MLB or NFL game I get dragged to as a kid because it was Halo.
>
> I understand that competitive games can imbue one with a certain sense of satisfaction, but, to me, the word “fun” elicits images of players actually smiling, as explosions rip through the terrain, grenades loop through the air on weird trajectories, vehicles crash head first into one another, and the sniper rifle only very occasionally rears its ugly, oblong-shaped head.

That’s cool. But to me fun is ripping face with my sniper rifle and having good team work for a huge win. To each their own though. Just pick your poison.

> That’s cool. But to me fun is ripping face with my sniper rifle and having good team work for a huge win. To each their own though. Just pick your poison.

I enjoy that, too, but not in every single game. Sometimes I want to use under-appreciated guns, actually drive the vehicles, and laugh at my own demise rather than cursing the heavens for their cruelty. In fact, I’m moving more toward this play style with each passing year, and once I stopped worrying about my kills and started having fun, I actually ended up doing better than I ever had before (which will obviously lead people to conclude that I was never very good to begin with, but that can’t be avoided; suffice to say, it’s been a while since I’ve ranked any lower than third at the end of a game).

> > That’s cool. But to me fun is ripping face with my sniper rifle and having good team work for a huge win. To each their own though. Just pick your poison.
>
> I enjoy that, too, but not in every single game. Sometimes I want to use under-appreciated guns, actually drive the vehicles, and laugh at my own demise rather than cursing the heavens for their cruelty. In fact, I’m moving more toward this play style with each passing year, and once I stopped worrying about my kills and started having fun, I actually ended up doing better than I ever had before (which will obviously lead people to conclude that I was never very good to begin with, but that can’t be avoided; suffice to say, it’s been a while since I’ve ranked any lower than third at the end of a game).

I’m more or less in the same boat, or at least I try to paddle along besides. For me winning and loosing is a secondary consequence of gameplay. It’s not the main event, or even something which I like to think about except when it comes to particular bouts of deserving schadenfreude because any activity can be taken competitively. From eating to whacking a tiny ball in a cup half-a-mile away, there is no shortage of things to be ranked by so looking for the sport is, in my mind, a particularly foolish thing to do. If the social situation deems it necessary, it will come of it’s own accord with no help from me or the activity I’m playing. Therefore, nothing needs to be done to further the competitive spirit along in Halo. The mentality of the people you play with will always be the deciding factor and if that’s not there then all of the MLG branding in the world will not help establish your intended pseudo sport.

Granted there are things you can do in order to influence that mentality (IE. stat tracking) but my point here is that competition is just something we humans do given an appropriately enjoyable activity in which two or more people are aware of their performance. So, if you are to improve Halo (even for the competitive player) the thing to do isn’t to directly cater to competitive interests, but rather make a fun game that fosters competition by being the thing which, of all the alternatives out there, is the most pleasurable to play via balance, depth, engaging levels, and all that (which also benefit casual and esoteric demographics as well.) Then you can make a couple playlists to focus the interests of the community and allow certain niches to have their competitive playtime, but no more than that is required.

I don’t like MLG. I enjoy Reach’s options, and have a solid outing every time I play. There is a healthy sense in competition, and I’ve never been in a terrible game. A Halo that is solely catered to this lifeless style of play would offer no opportunity or fun.

> > > Sure there’s skilled players, but there’s noo fun involved.
> >
> > Pretty much a perfect summary of so-called “competitive” gaming, in my opinion.
>
> So inaccurate it’s not even funny. When you actually go, and play at these events, and sit in the huge crowd of fans and watch these amazing players play, and the energy level is amazing. That is where the fun comes in. One of the best experiences of my life and it was way more fun than any MLB or NFL game I get dragged to as a kid because it was Halo.

But you’re talking about going to a professional event. I know competitive gaming can be satisfying when u have a good team, back in gears of war days i remember having so mcuh fun playing execution, and even halo.
I guess the real problem is the DMR, i just get frustrated with that weapon because of bloom. That’s basically why i dont like MLG.