More big maps.....why?

Can someone from 343 please tell me why it we necessary to add MORE big map to Halo 4? Does anyone remember an almost equal distribution of map sizes in the Halo games? It honestly feels like 343 want to turn Halo into battle field. Let’s do a little comparison shall we? Shipped maps only. Big maps will be highlighted.

(Halo 3)
Construct
Epitaph/Epilogue
Guardian
High Ground
Isolation
<mark>Last Resort</mark>
Narrows
<mark>Sandtrap/SAND TARP</mark>
Snowbound/Boundless
The Pit/Pit Stop
<mark>Valhalla</mark>

(Halo 4)
Adrift
Abandon
<mark>Complex</mark>
<mark>Exile</mark>
Haven
<mark>Longbow</mark>
<mark>Meltdown</mark>
<mark>Ragnarok</mark>
Solace
<mark>Vortex</mark>

Halo 3 shipped with 11 maps. About 1/4th of the maps are Big.
Halo 4 shipped with 10 maps. More than 1/2 are big maps.
Someone please explain to me why this is? I mean I would’ve been happy had they given us 1 more small map in this map pack. I really hope this isn’t the last map pack. What are the communities thoughts?

don’t worry it won’t be the last. but this is the best time for 343 to add BTB objective along with the realease of castle

YES! I love big maps, I’m always on BTB or Dominion anyways, and there’s not many maps to pick from.

If they added more Forge maps, then you could have both Big and Small maps.

In love all maps, I like how the first map pack was medium, and before majestic was released, I was really wanting some really small maps because i love haven. My itch was scratched with majestic… And now I want more big -Yoink- maps for me and my clan fellas to play on.

Can’t wait for castle map pack! I have a feeling BTB objective will also be released! :smiley:
Just be grateful that 343 is releasing some rad maps.

Bungie straight ripped their multiplayer maps from the Halo Reach campaign. LITERALLY. Boardwalk? What was that graveyard of halycyon cruisers map called? The BTB where half of the map was used? I’m happy with Halo 4 maps. VERY HAPPY.
At least 343 and certain affinity are creative in their maps.
Of course that’s my opinion.

Well, you have to realize that since virtually any small map with flat geometry can be made in Forge, so there’s no point in people buying a map pack like that. The kind of maps you can’t make in Forge are larger, more terrain-based maps.

The maps were done a long time ago and our input didn’t mean anything. 343 made the Crimson Map Pack and Certain Affinity made Majestic and Castle. 343 probably had Crimson done before the game even launched and CA probably finished up both map packs shortly after the game launched. Regardless of what we wanted thee maps were going to be the size that they are. With that said, I don’t really care about what size maps we get. I wanted small maps before Majestic came out. After those maps came out I realized how incompatible small maps were with core Halo 4. BTB DLC maps are kind of a bad thing though. How often are all 16 players in BTB going to have the DLC after the Castle playlist is inevitably removed? If I didn’t purchase the WGMP, Majestic would have been my only purchase(which is crazy considering I’ve purchase every piece of Halo DLC to date). At least these maps look better than Crimson.

> If they <mark>let us Forge on all maps</mark>, then you could have both Big and Small maps.

Fixed that for ya, buddy.

> #halo4isdad

Okay, that made me giggle.

Because Halo 4 is full of casuals and casuals seem to love BTB, so 343 wants to get as much money as they can. It’s pretty disappointing.

> If they added more Forge maps, then you could have both Big and Small maps.

Is it possible for Forge to make a large map? so far from what I’ve seen, it’s medium at best. They need to bring back forge from Reach!!

> Because Halo 4 is full of casuals and casuals seem to love BTB, so 343 wants to get as much money as they can. It’s pretty disappointing.

I love BTB and I am by no means a simple casual player. I’m a hybrid.

It’s like this is some sort of big deal or something.

There are more big maps than before. And? You’ve got several good small maps (Solace, Haven, some of the Forge maps, etc.) to play on.

Really, what’s the big deal?

Because the other 349782 big maps don’t get played on unless Exile isn’t an option. That’s why.

I’m not a big fan of those “big outside area” maps. In H3, I really liked maps like Construct, Narrows, Heretic, Guardian… what happened to this concept? I know now there’s sprint and jetpack and all and maps need to be a little bigger, but I wish there were more smaller maps. Hopefully more will come after Castle. There are already good maps in H4, but too many big ones.

Bring back at least one or two H3 maps. Make people feel at Home. :slight_smile:

> <mark>Bungie straight ripped their multiplayer maps from the Halo Reach campaign.</mark> LITERALLY. Boardwalk? What was that graveyard of halycyon cruisers map called? The BTB where half of the map was used? I’m happy with Halo 4 maps. VERY HAPPY.
> At least 343 and certain affinity are creative in their maps.
> Of course that’s my opinion.

No they didn’t, the maps were made first and then put in the campaign.

> Because the other 349782 big maps don’t get played on unless Exile isn’t an option. That’s why.

That’s just another exaggerated forum-“fact”. Exile might have been a common pick earlier on, but it’s been outvoted alot whenever I’m playing.

Anyway, refresh my memory, is Exile even an option in anything other than 5v5 playlists like CTF and Big Team?

> Because Halo 4 is full of casuals and casuals seem to love BTB, so 343 wants to get as much money as they can. It’s pretty disappointing.

Because you don’t understand that community preference had 0% to do with making the map packs. It’s pretty disappointing.

Besides, it’s not 343 that’s after money, it’s Microsoft.

Big Team is consistently the most populated playlist, so logic would dictate that more big maps would please people.

And lets be honest, Ragnorak and Exile get voted ALL THE DAME TIME. I dont think another map pack will hurt.

> > <mark>Bungie straight ripped their multiplayer maps from the Halo Reach campaign.</mark> LITERALLY. Boardwalk? What was that graveyard of halycyon cruisers map called? The BTB where half of the map was used? I’m happy with Halo 4 maps. VERY HAPPY.
> > At least 343 and certain affinity are creative in their maps.
> > Of course that’s my opinion.
>
> No they didn’t, the maps were made first and then put in the campaign.

Kinda makes the Campaign seem cheap then. I guess that’s a way to kill two birds with 1 stone…

Name a really good big map created for Halo 4.