More Armour Colours

Title says it all really. Halo 4 needs a wider range of colours to choose from. We should also have more than two colour selections. I always thought Halo 3 should have had the secondary colour areas in the same places as Halo 2 and had the shoulders as a separate colour. What colours do you think should be in the next game?

Custom armor decals like in forza 3, that would be great.

I don’t doubt that they will not only have more colours but more places to change the colours.

I wasn’t satisfied with the colour placement in Reach. I preferred Halo 2. I also want a better Green colour.

I think we should be able to colour each piece of armour.

> I think we should be able to colour each piece of armour.

I concur with this notion.

I could go with individual armour-colour settings as part of the selection process when choosing which armour piece to wear.

The colours need to be richer.

> Custom armor decals like in forza 3, that would be great.

This, this would be amazing. And even if we don’t get something this detailed, please, PLEASE give us a true black color. Not a dull gray that makes it look like my Spartan is waiting for a new paint job.

> The colours need to be richer.

This. But I think they were more faded for a reason. Reach wasn’t bright and cheerful.

PS: I dislike “shiny” armour. You can always tell who the new rider or soldier is. Their suits are the brightest and nearly without mark :wink:

> PS: I dislike “shiny” armour. You can always tell who the new rider or soldier is. Their suits are the brightest and nearly without mark :wink:

What if, and I doubt they could/would have something like this, the more games you play, the more scratched up your armor becomes? Just pre-determined cosmetic differences, and only up to a certain point. So if you’ve played, say, 200 games, you’ll have various battle scars and paint flaking off, while someone with 10 games still has relatively shiny and new armor. Possibly with the option to clean your suit back up, if you like the shinier, newer looking armor.

> PS: I dislike “shiny” armour. You can always tell who the new rider or soldier is. Their suits are the brightest and nearly without mark :wink:

I agree with this. In Halo 3 I didnt like how spartans looked like they were wearing wax armor. They were too shiny and colorful.

Even if they threw in a Hue editor or a custom color designer you would pretty much get the same colors as you would now, you would just be given the illusion of choice. I do agree with custom coloring of each piece of armor, that would be awesome.

As for Decals/Emblems; I think would be nice to move it around/resize it on the armor.
Ex. ODST wants emblem on their chest plate (like in ODST), guy with Hayabusa armor wants it on their back.

The current emblem system:
-80 Foregrounds
-53 Backgrounds
-80 Toggles of Foregrounds

805380=over 30k unique emblems and thats not even including the color schemes, this combined with the resize option on your armor would outshine a “Forza” style of decal editor much like the sun outshines the moon.

> > PS: I dislike “shiny” armour. You can always tell who the new rider or soldier is. Their suits are the brightest and nearly without mark :wink:
>
> What if, and I doubt they could/would have something like this, the more games you play, the more scratched up your armor becomes? Just pre-determined cosmetic differences, and only up to a certain point. So if you’ve played, say, 200 games, you’ll have various battle scars and paint flaking off, while someone with 10 games still has relatively shiny and new armor. Possibly with the option to clean your suit back up, if you like the shinier, newer looking armor.

What if you could choose the texture yourself? You could have things like clean, dirty and damaged and have a few levels or combinations of each.

> Even if they threw in a Hue editor or a custom color designer you would pretty much get the same colors as you would now, you would just be given the illusion of choice. I do agree with custom coloring of each piece of armor, that would be awesome.

You know how many shades, tints and tones of colors there are? They’ve barely scratched the surface on the possible number of colours. It would hardly be an “illusion of choice”.
http://www.bergeronline.com/caribbean/images/color_shades.jpg

Just imagine if they did that for each base colour.