More animations for melee attacks?

I just thought off this while playing reach.

There is only 2 types of melee attacks on halo, (sword,hammer and punch attacks mainly)
I think they should put more then 5 animations for each melee attack

what do you think?

I was think more animations for assassinations only, we don’t want too many regular melee animations though.

I’d actually prefer only 1 per weapon. Even if it has no “real” effect on gameplay, it can feel more responsive like that. “Press B to deliver right hook,” not “press B to do something.”

I know but, Im thing of things like, in air melee is like a hammer fist or something, I do agree more assassinations are needed.

quick time event assassinations anyone? (haha no that would be horrible)

I agree with op, how much harm could a little more eye candy be?

yeah, like: grab the barrel of your DMR, and use the buttstock to repeatedly bash your enemy! :smiley:

but yeah, more melee anims and more assassinations

I’d like to see some more weapon specific animations for assassinations.

> I’d like to see some more weapon specific animations for assassinations.

Fantastic Idea.

but it needs to be pulled off well, I don’t want to see my foe be decapitated because the chief used his rifle like an axe lol

Assainaton for magnum:

( requires no shields and hit from behind )

You push your opponent down, lands on face, he tries crawling away but turns around to see you aiming at his face, half second delay, boom

Carry on now

> Assainaton for magnum:
>
> ( requires no shields and hit from behind )
>
> You push your opponent down, lands on face, he tries crawling away but turns around to see you aiming at his face, half second delay, boom
>
> Carry on now

To be honest, I think it should be as simple jumping on the person and blowing his brains out at point blank.

nothing too fancy.

but even that is kind of silly, keep it combat knife style I say.

Hmmm but what if chief doesn’t have a knife? I doubt he will, I’d like to see swift neck breaks as in reach, or Bruce lees famous neck break with his feet

← ↓ → B

lol, I think it’s something that if they have time, they will do, if not, then they wont.

Personally, I like the weapon specific Melee, and rather them put that time into epic weapon specific assassinations.

> I’d actually prefer only 1 per weapon. Even if it has no “real” effect on gameplay, it can feel more responsive like that. “Press B to deliver right hook,” not “press B to do something.”

This.

The pistol melee in Reach is random. Sometimes you get the nolstagia attack. Other times, you get the pathetic and slow punch. Even this kind of randomness is unacceptable.

As long as they’re all responsive and the same length, I’m for it. It would make our Spartans seem more lively and less robotic and programmed. For immersion’s sake, I guess.

That will be AWSOME! :smiley:

same length, same effect, main weapons should have two, all other weapons one unique…one for in air melee

In my opinion,

Assassinations are effective and satisfying for combat visuals and also humiliation purposes.

However, I would like to suggest a clear cut and simple system for choosing between to execute an assassination instead of a default melee kill. A simple option ‘Enable assassinations’ would work and/or an alternative button to assassinate. In my opinion, Reach’s alternative mode of holding the melee button could sometimes be accidentally triggered, consequently causing the player enter a disadvantage in combat. The decision in which button this would be assigned to however could be an issue. The concept of multiple assassinations could also be an issue as how would you trigger each one? For this reason I would suggest limiting to one assassination to each weapon, this would also allow each weapon to hold a unique kill if intended.

Many players find the assassination aesthetically pleasing and therefore it’s contribution to the combat system is appreciated. However, for those players who play more competitively or simply prefer a more classic approach the assassination would rather be avoided.

There should like 4 animations per weapon.

> > I’d actually prefer only 1 per weapon. Even if it has no “real” effect on gameplay, it can feel more responsive like that. “Press B to deliver right hook,” not “press B to do something.”
>
> This.
>
> The pistol melee in Reach is random. Sometimes you get the nolstagia attack. Other times, you get the pathetic and slow punch. <mark>Even this kind of randomness is unacceptable.</mark>

It has absolutely no effect on gameplay.

> Assainaton for magnum:
>
> ( requires no shields and hit from behind )
>
> You push your opponent down, lands on face, he tries crawling away but turns around to see you aiming at his face, half second delay, boom
>
> Carry on now

Or your spartan simply grabs him from behind, turns him around, and point blanks him in the face.