Monthly Challenge xp Lost

I entered my last game of SWAT just under 3,000 xp away from completing my Pioneer specialization. It just so happened I was also one game away from the monthly challenge of 70 matchmaking wins. My team won the game, I got 2,500ish xp for the game and I unlocked the final level of the specialization. Two birds with one stone; I was excited. I picked out my next specialization and once it loaded, I was standing at 0 xp for my Pathfinder progress.

Apparently, once the previous specialization locked in, any additional xp doesn’t rollover. So roughly 14,500 points of my monthly challenge award disappeared into thin air. That would have gotten me through the first level of being a Pathfinder automatically. I didn’t notice this on my previous maxing out of a specialization, but I didn’t hit a big credit milestone at the same time so I really wasn’t paying attention.

I’m not complaining, it is what it is. I just never considered that it wouldn’t rollover, so, in hindsight, I realize I should have played a Spartan Ops game for those last points. I’m just giving a heads up for anyone if you end up in that same situation. If you’re on the cusp of a big reward commendation or challenge at the same time your specialization max is imminent, don’t take the risk.