Monster/Infinite Promotion for CA/EMEA/MEXICO

I wanted to create this thread for people like myself trying to find info about the promotion outside the US region, as every thread I’ve seen so far is mostly based on the [very convoluted] way of entering the US promotion (with the odd person asking about another region and getting no response). Here is the info we know so far:

  • Canada: _From September 1 through December 31, 2020, enter to win Double XP Boosts and Xbox prizes with the purchase of the limited-edition Monster Energy Halo Infinite cans at retailers across Canada. Get an exclusive in-game Halo Infinite item at these participating retailers: 7-Eleven, London Drugs, Walmart, and Couche Tarde._The Canada promotion (my region) is probably the least clear of the three, as its unclear what the redemption process is, and if you can earn the infinite prizes at the same time as the 2XP. Does “Xbox prizes” mean consoles like the US promotion? How do we earn infinite items from the list of participating retailers? If anyone has seen any special cans in stores in Canada, let me know!
  1. EMEA: Kicking off in over 30 countries on October 1 through December 31, 2020, this promotion will feature the Master Chief on the original Monster Energy can, and on the Monster Energy Ultra can, offering consumers a sugar-free option – both with black tabs. Learn more at http://www.monsterenergy.com/halo

This one seems a bit more straightforward, other than which countries are participating. By following the link and going to the FAQ section you can find this: Purchase a promotional Monster Energy drink can and enter your ring pull code to receive 30 mins of 2XP and unique in-game content for Halo Infinite. You will receive 2XP and in-game content for the first 8 ring pull codes you enter. For the 9th ring pull code onwards, you will receive 2XP only. For 2XP, you will be limited to 60 hours total per Microsoft account. Luckily for you folks across the pond*,* this is a bit more straightforward than the US promotion, if you don’t mind waiting a month that is.
3. Mexico: Beginning September 10th, when customers purchase any Monster Energy product at OXXO and register their purchase ticket on https://www.monsterenergy.com/mx/es_mx/promotions/gana-xbox-series-x they will be entered to win thousands of Xbox prizes, including Xbox Series X consoles, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Halo Infinite items. The promotion ends October 20th.

Unlike the other previous two regions, this one actually gives most of useful information right away. But maybe there is some more information if you follow the link, unfortunately I cant read the Spanish on the web page.

Please give any additional info you find out such as where you found Halo Infinite Monster Energy promotional Cans in your region!

TL;DR, as long as you can find Monster Energy drinks you should be able to participate in the double XP event.

> 2546678360738636;2:
> TL;DR, as long as you can find Monster Energy drinks you should be able to participate in the double XP event.

I suppose that is an easy way to put it. But technically that is only true for US and Mexico. Other regions you specifically need the limited edition cans. And just my luck I still haven’t been able to find any in stores, I even saw some original monster cans with a different promotion on it! I just want my skins :frowning:

Still haven’t found any cans in Canada, I live in B.C. Anyone find any yet and if so where?

> 2535459147555947;4:
> Still haven’t found any cans in Canada, I live in B.C. Anyone find any yet and if so where?

I actually just finally found some cans at Sobeys (I’m in MB, if you don’t have sobeys in BC maybe you have Safeway, IGA or FreshCo).

But even still I’m starting to think this whole promotion is just a joke for Canada… in addition to not telling us how the promotion works on the webpage (quoted above), the cans have no information on them at all other than “Halo infinite coming soon” with the picture of master chief. There’s no Snapchat code like the American Cans and no code I can see like the proposed EU cans. At this point I might just email every monster support email I can find until I get some answers.

Hey everyone. Im from Canada aswell. I emailed Monster support to see if they know how we will have to redeem the codes.
After checking different stores (walmart, 7-eleven) i actually found one lonely can in the back of the shelf at Real Canadian Superstore.

No Snapchat QR code, no instructions about redemption. Here is a pic of the can image — ImgBB

> 2533274945718799;6:
> Hey everyone. Im from Canada aswell. I emailed Monster support to see if they know how we will have to redeem the codes.
> After checking different stores (walmart, 7-eleven) i actually found one lonely can in the back of the shelf at Real Canadian Superstore.
>
> No Snapchat QR code, no instructions about redemption. Here is a pic of the can image — ImgBB

Thanks for emailing, I might at well for redundancy. Have you checked under the tab? I saw a different promotion on the monster website called “under the tab” maybe that applies here as well. Keep us updated!

Edit/Update: I cracked open one of my cans and there are a few letters/numbers under the tab but it doesn’t seem like enough for a full out code. And even if it was we still have no way of entering it. There are 5 characters and a dash.

Ive also tweeted at @halo, @halosupport, @xbox, @xboxsupport, @microsoftsupport and @monster. Ive asked them each if they have any insight about what we are suppose to do to redeem double xp codes as the website annoucement is super vauge.

If you guys wanna try to potentially make more buzz about this go to https://twitter.com/my_goshjosh and retweet my pinned tweet

> 2533274945718799;9:
> If you guys wanna try to potentially make more buzz about this go to https://twitter.com/my_goshjosh and retweet my pinned tweet

Unfortunately I don’t have twitter but thanks for tweeting at those places. I hope we get some answers soon. It’s like they forgot to make the promotion into, well, an actual promotion…

Just send a receipt of the purchased monster, the receipt won’t claim if it is the promotion or not and from the looks of it you could buy one can and use it every month for all three months if they keep it this way.

> 2533274858039249;11:
> Just send a receipt of the purchased monster, the receipt won’t claim if it is the promotion or not and from the looks of it you could buy one can and use it every month for all three months if they keep it this way.

The sending your receipt thing, as far as I know, is only for the US. It says so in the terms and conditions of the main promotion.

> 2535462343655853;12:
> > 2533274858039249;11:
> > Just send a receipt of the purchased monster, the receipt won’t claim if it is the promotion or not and from the looks of it you could buy one can and use it every month for all three months if they keep it this way.
>
> The sending your receipt thing, as far as I know, is only for the US. It says so in the terms and conditions of the main promotion.

They have this promotion so scattered and mixed up it is insane.

> 2535462343655853;3:
> > 2546678360738636;2:
> > TL;DR, as long as you can find Monster Energy drinks you should be able to participate in the double XP event.
>
> I suppose that is an easy way to put it. But technically that is only true for US and Mexico. Other regions you specifically need the limited edition cans. And just my luck I still haven’t been able to find any in stores, I even saw some original monster cans with a different promotion on it! I just want my skins :frowning:

The limited edition cans are needed but there’s no reason that they shouldn’t be available anywhere Monster Energy is sold. It’ll likely just take a bit longer before the cans reach other parts of the world.

> 2546678360738636;14:
> > 2535462343655853;3:
> > > 2546678360738636;2:
> > > TL;DR, as long as you can find Monster Energy drinks you should be able to participate in the double XP event.
> >
> > I suppose that is an easy way to put it. But technically that is only true for US and Mexico. Other regions you specifically need the limited edition cans. And just my luck I still haven’t been able to find any in stores, I even saw some original monster cans with a different promotion on it! I just want my skins :frowning:
>
> The limited edition cans are needed but there’s no reason that they shouldn’t be available anywhere Monster Energy is sold. It’ll likely just take a bit longer before the cans reach other parts of the world.

The problem isn’t even finding the cans at this point, myself and others have already got our hands on some. The problem now, is we have no way to redeem any double xp from them in Canada.

Anyone get any replies from monster through email yet? Ive gotten nothing

I’m also confused, this seems to be a horribly mismanaged promotion.

> 2533274945718799;16:
> Anyone get any replies from monster through email yet? Ive gotten nothing

Nothing here yet either.

> 2533274895174812;17:
> I’m also confused, this seems to be a horribly mismanaged promotion.

Are you also from Canada?

> 2535462343655853;18:
> > 2533274945718799;16:
> > Anyone get any replies from monster through email yet? Ive gotten nothing
>
> Nothing here yet either.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274895174812;17:
> > I’m also confused, this seems to be a horribly mismanaged promotion.
>
> Are you also from Canada?

Yeah, I bought 8 cans separately and kept the receipts, I had a friend from the states make an account for me since you cant with a Canadian IP, submitted a receipt and seeing if that works. But I don’t understand why Canada has bo info anywhere online.

> 2533274895174812;19:
> > 2535462343655853;18:
> > > 2533274945718799;16:
> > >
>
> Yeah, I bought 8 cans separately and kept the receipts, I had a friend from the states make an account for me since you cant with a Canadian IP, submitted a receipt and seeing if that works. But I don’t understand why Canada has bo info anywhere online.

I was wondering if my IP was what was giving me an error on the US site, cause it just said my email was already in use which obviously wasn’t true. I wonder if a VPN will get around that. You can help by sending monster a support request from their website and explain how we have no info, if enough of us do it maybe they’ll finally respond…
At this point I might just have to pay some scalper on ebay for some codes from the EU promotion or something.

Edit: disregard what I said about sending a support email, I got a response.