Monitor's Bounty Scripting

Anyone figure out scripting in the new update yet? I wanna make some scripted boundaries but have no idea how to do so. Specifically I want to make a water effect boundary like Tom French showed off in the preview.

I never figured out how to script in the first place lol.

> 2535455681930574;2:
> I never figured out how to script in this first place lol.

lol me neither

I haven’t had enough time yet to sit down with the new scripting stuff, but I know that with items that have volumes, there is an Action that allows to to change the filters and FX while you’re in that volume. I also know that all items had a nigh-useless volume function that only affected certain items; maybe you can now use this to denote trait/trigger/filter volumes? Try giving the floor of your “dry area” a vertical volume and give it an action that changes the filter. I’ll test this myself later on.

It’s been a long day at work, knowing that I could be playing with scripting instead, lol

> 2533274808210415;4:
> I haven’t had enough time yet to sit down with the new scripting stuff, but I know that with items that have volumes, there is an Action that allows to to change the filters and FX while you’re in that volume. I also know that all items had a nigh-useless volume function that only affected certain items; maybe you can now use this to denote trait/trigger/filter volumes? Try giving the floor of your “dry area” a vertical volume and give it an action that changes the filter. I’ll test this myself later on.
>
> It’s been a long day at work, knowing that I could be playing with scripting instead, lol

Thanks, keep me posted please. :slight_smile:

> 2535434457651384;5:
> > 2533274808210415;4:
> > I haven’t had enough time yet to sit down with the new scripting stuff, but I know that with items that have volumes, there is an Action that allows to to change the filters and FX while you’re in that volume. I also know that all items had a nigh-useless volume function that only affected certain items; maybe you can now use this to denote trait/trigger/filter volumes? Try giving the floor of your “dry area” a vertical volume and give it an action that changes the filter. I’ll test this myself later on.
> >
> > It’s been a long day at work, knowing that I could be playing with scripting instead, lol
>
> Thanks, keep me posted please. :slight_smile:

Just got home. Gonna give Forge a go.