Monitors Bounty Made Me Worse?

Well, I can’t say I didn’t enjoy the MB update, because we can all agree it brought some heavily needed things to H5. After updating and loading it up, I realized that I was missing a lot of shots and I mean a lot of shots. This gameplay was below my averages, so I started to investigate 343i’s update forums. It said something about changing the aim for the better. I think this is referring about the “reticle slipping” as some people call it. After a while I started recovering, but was still a little confused as to why an update that was supposed to improve aim, worsen it. Any explanations?

-Merry Christmas, TrueHero808

yeah I’ve been having these issues too my aim just isn’t as good post update.

The new aiming system works, the thing is, it created a huge skill gap…and I like that, because now you can show off your true skill

What they updated on the aim exactly? because i also felt the difference but thought it was only on me.

They updated the aim mechanics. Pretty much every player on Halo thinks they’re a better shot than what they actually are but that’s just aim assist kicking in. That’s why you’re a worse shot now; not as much assistance.

Everyone always complains about aim. Throughout my time playing Halo 5, I have NEVER experienced any aiming problems. And, yes, I’ve played since the day the game was released. Having a bad streak (we’ve all had these, whether it be a lot of deaths or bad accuracy) doesn’t mean any thing’s changed.

> 2535427449854650;6:
> Everyone always complains about aim. Throughout my time playing Halo 5, I have NEVER experienced any aiming problems. And, yes, I’ve played since the day the game was released. Having a bad streak (we’ve all had these, whether it be a lot of deaths or bad accuracy) doesn’t mean any thing’s changed.

I can’t say that I’ve found anything particular either, but then again I’m hardly one of the best players out there!

While I have been trying very carefully to get accurate shots, and improve my kill rate etc in WZFF, I did notice that my headshot/single shot kill rate for crawlers did take a positive leap since the update. Might be my imagination, but two waves of 5 crawlers each wiped out within about 3 seconds before they overpowered me suggested to me that something was working well! For me that was a result, as I said I’m hardly a pro at this thing.

I’m hopeful that my efforts to improve my own aim coupled with whatever was in the update will bring about a new dimension in the play. Maybe.

Faulty servers can cause things to happen that shouldn’t. High latency will tend to not land hits a tip I’d give in that situation is to spam your shots cause a miss on screen might be a hit. It’s not perfect but it’s the best thing to try I thing or use more automatics.

Get used to one thing…
Anything changes it throws you off.

Challenges muscle memory.

i havent noticed a difference. but im really not great so small changes to aim probably arent something id notice since my aim is bad either way

> 2535442377964386;10:
> i havent noticed a difference. but im really not great so small changes to aim probably arent something id notice since my aim is bad either way

That’s what I had been thinking about myself too, but as I said I’ve been kind of deliberately practising, using battle rifle and magnum almost exclusively (well, when it makes sense!), and I think I’ve seen a difference since the update.

Time will inevitably tell though!

… and is it me or do headshots work slightly better on average if you aim slightly high though (ie near the top of the head, not the middle of the face?)