Moniters and Onyx Sentinels

Both Halopedia and Halo Nation claim that their firepower are comparable but with no citations.

Is there any info on whether a monitor can match an Onyx Sentinel when it come to firepower?

The one source I can cite off the top of my head is Halo 3. Guilty Spark ends up killing Johnson with one burst of his “eye”. Based on that one scene, I guess one can assume Monitors at least have the ability to use a powerful weapon. When they choose to do so is another question though.

To my knowledge, all Forerunner sentinel-type machines have the ability to combat the Flood with sentinel beams. Even constructor sentinels can be redirected to combat the Flood if the situation is dire enough, though they aren’t very effective given their size and capabilities. So I imagine that monitors, being highly sentient sentinel-like ancilla, have the capability of combating the Flood with beams.

> 2533274824050480;2:
> The one source I can cite off the top of my head is Halo 3. Guilty Spark ends up killing Johnson with one burst of his “eye”. Based on that one scene, I guess one can assume Monitors at least have the ability to use a powerful weapon. When they choose to do so is another question though.

Spark also blasts a Combat Form during the level “Floodgate” when he and Chief are having a disagreement over Spark taking the module containing Cortana’s message from the crashed Flood ship in New Mombasa. This seemed to have the exact same effect as any sentinel beam.

> 2535435902217648;3:
> To my knowledge, all Forerunner sentinel-type machines have the ability to combat the Flood with sentinel beams. Even constructor sentinels can be redirected to combat the Flood if the situation is dire enough, though they aren’t very effective given their size and capabilities. So I imagine that monitors, being highly sentient sentinel-like ancilla, have the capability of combating the Flood with beams.
>
>
> > 2533274824050480;2:
> > The one source I can cite off the top of my head is Halo 3. Guilty Spark ends up killing Johnson with one burst of his “eye”. Based on that one scene, I guess one can assume Monitors at least have the ability to use a powerful weapon. When they choose to do so is another question though.
>
> Spark also blasts a Combat Form during the level “Floodgate” when he and Chief are having a disagreement over Spark taking the module containing Cortana’s message from the crashed Flood ship in New Mombasa. This seemed to have the exact same effect as any sentinel beam.

Guardians can’t fight flood…spoiler. (forerunner saga) speaks of giant sentinals that had to be hidden becuaer they didn’t have the capability to fight the flood.

> 2533274964287646;4:
> > 2535435902217648;3:
> >
>
> Guardians can’t fight flood…spoiler. (forerunner saga) speaks of giant sentinals that had to be hidden becuaer they didn’t have the capability to fight the flood.

Do you have the page reference for that?

> 2533274883501878;5:
> > 2533274964287646;4:
> > > 2535435902217648;3:
> > >
> >
> > Guardians can’t fight flood…spoiler. (forerunner saga) speaks of giant sentinals that had to be hidden becuaer they didn’t have the capability to fight the flood.
>
> Do you have the page reference for that?

Wish I did man but I really don’t want to go through all of the book again to find it. Pretty sure it was in the first book if not the second. Deffinatly not the 3rd