Mongooses

Is it too hard to ask for you all just to drive out in your mongooses so I can kill you and finish my commendation? :joy:

I still need 10 more… :frowning:

I’ve always wondered - do they intentionally make some of these commendations downright silly, or is it just an oversight?

I’m imaging 343 expected more people to use them. Which is why the quota is so high. I’m still way off from getting it. I really can’t be bothered.

I think it was a mistake 343 to only think about Mongoose. Pretty much nobody uses them and the driver dies more easily than the vehicle itself.
I have scraped and recycled all of my Mongoose in Halo 5 for an environmentally friendly future.

My current status of the commendation is Mongoose Destroyer 3 (3/15 Mongoose Destroyed).

I get about 1 mongoose kill a month. Only two years and three months to go!

I’m glad to say I finished mine just a few weeks ago. Compared to all the weapon commendations it took a eternity.

> 2533274850493408;3:
> I’ve always wondered - do they intentionally make some of these commendations downright silly, or is it just an oversight?

Could be either. Anyone remember having to get PLASMA PISTOL kills in 4? I notice they didn’t have THAT be a thing this time around.
Least Mongoose kills are doable. You just gotta find the right map and game mode. CTF is pretty much the only way to go honestly.

> 2533274907200114;8:
> > 2533274850493408;3:
> > I’ve always wondered - do they intentionally make some of these commendations downright silly, or is it just an oversight?
>
> Could be either. Anyone remember having to get PLASMA PISTOL kills in 4? I notice they didn’t have THAT be a thing this time around.
> Least Mongoose kills are doable. You just gotta find the right map and game mode. CTF is pretty much the only way to go honestly.

That’s exactly the one I was thinking of lol. Like, did they play test it, or did they just want to have it for all weapons? Can’t believe nobody looked at it and just laughed.

i don’t use them anymore they arnt as fun to use like in reach.

Is sumo still in action sack? Might want to give that a try.

I love all of your responses haha, had a good laugh! I have about 24 more mongooses to destroy but it’s just taking soooooo long to do! At least there’s a gungoose otherwise RIP that commendation!

I finished it and proudly used the emblem for a little while. I am sure it is one of the rarest emblems out there. It takes many games. The beauty of this one for me was that I destroyed a mongoose with a phaeton, getting me both commendations. Keep on it and you will get it.

> 2535445608274502;1:
> Is it too hard to ask for you all just to drive out in your mongooses so I can kill you and finish my commendation? :joy:

I have thought about making a post like this before cause I’m level 5/5 and 23/50 mongooses

> 2533274911200879;14:
> > 2535445608274502;1:
> > Is it too hard to ask for you all just to drive out in your mongooses so I can kill you and finish my commendation? :joy:
>
> I have thought about making a post like this before cause I’m level 5/5 and 23/50 mongooses

Yeah I know the feels haha, I’m 34/50 and it’s killing me aye!

I’ve been getting quite a few in warzone turbo.

> 2533274875328566;16:
> I’ve been getting quite a few in warzone turbo.

How do you do it? Chill back with a banshee waiting for them?

> 2535445608274502;1:
> Is it too hard to ask for you all just to drive out in your mongooses so I can kill you and finish my commendation? :joy:

Seriously. I’ve been on level 5/5 at like 35/50 kills for months. Finally up to 39/50 from the last couple weeks. It’s so hard not to kill the Spartan on top, before the goose.

It’s funny when you finally finish the mongoose commo, you start seeing a rash of people running around in gooses.

> 2533274829664406;18:
> > 2535445608274502;1:
> > Is it too hard to ask for you all just to drive out in your mongooses so I can kill you and finish my commendation? :joy:
>
> Seriously. I’ve been on level 5/5 at like 35/50 kills for months. Finally up to 39/50 from the last couple weeks. It’s so hard not to kill the Spartan on top, before the goose.

Oh yeah that suuuuucks, I’m always trying to be so careful! Weird when I think about it, I sort of gently shoot the wheels of the goose to blow it up without harming the Spartan too much on it xD