Mongoose on Settler

Since Settler is more of a “everybody run to the hill and senselessly funnel yourselves into a chokepoint” kind of map, with the only real tactical option being getting in a warthog and hoping the enemy team isn’t fielding plasma grenades, why don’t they put a mongoose in? not mentioning the fact that it is nearly impossible to move across the map when the enemy controls the hill, I think it would allow for some more tactical options like sending a two man team to flank the enemies on the hill or even reinforcing those on the hill or trapped in bottom middle at a faster speed.

not a bad idea because that map is really bad if the enemy team abuses it right. Majority of team camps on top of the hill popping shields and a couple of guys can run around with power weapons and really hurt you. Some 'gooses would allow some maneuverability.

That actually sounds like a really cool idea.

Wouldn’t hurt to have a couple of mongooses added for Slayer. I was thinking of maybe changing the weapon spawns a bit too.

Maybe put a splaser or concussion rifle on top of the hill instead of the railgun and see how that works. I don’t think I’ve even seen a splaser come up in ordnance on Settler.

> That actually sounds like a really cool idea.

It could allow for some pretty cool strategies that can’t be done in a Warthog. I can see people avoiding the hill entirely and driving right through Shotty Tunnel in CTF games.

There really should be a ghost too.

The Mongoose sounds good. I think having a Ghost on Settler could be too overpowered, especially in Slayer Pro.

> The Mongoose sounds good. I think having a Ghost on Settler could be too overpowered, especially in Slayer Pro.

Agree.

Two mongooses, one per base.

I think 1 per base would be great, especially in CTF.

They should utilize that giant forerunner area in Settler, what a waste.

A Mongoose would be great in Slayer, but it shouldn’t be in CTF. It would be too easy for the enemy to steal your flag because there would be a lot of vehicles in that amount of space.