Mongoose exiting

I have been getting a lot of ideas of small things to change to just improve gameplay, I made a topic for it, but it got buried a few days ago.

My newest idea though would be to allow people to choose the side of the mongoose they want to exit on somehow, maybe by looking left or right, or using the bumpers.

My main reason for this is that a lot of times I have been stuck half hanging on an edge and gotten out and it ejects me towards the cliff and I die, or I am trying to make a run into the enemy base and I get out but I get out on the wrong side and it takes me half a second longer to get in the base and I die by a warthog.
this will make it better I think and allow people to not die as much

Maybe if you push to one side while holding the exit button.

Yep. Very annoying feature, not sure why they haven’t fixed it by adding this yet.

I agree, we definitely need a way to pick which side we get off from the Mongoose… And while we’re at it, they should add in the same feature for any vehicle where you could do this (Scorpion, Warthog turret, etc.).

> I agree, we definitely need a way to pick which side we get off from the Mongoose… And while we’re at it, they should add in the same feature for any vehicle where you could do this (Scorpion, Warthog turret, etc.).

forgot about those, but with the warthog turret you should choose left, right, or behind you, with the scorpion it should be the same as the warthog but in front rather than behind

I think the direction you’re looking when you exit should be the side you exit. I don’t care how they do it, I just want something consistent. I liked playing forge obstacle maps and things like that in Reach, but it was always such a pain if success hinged on getting out of a mongoose on a tight ledge. Some consistency is always appreciated to me. :slight_smile:

LOL if you look to the left of the mongoose you get off on the left side. If you look to the right you get off on the right. That is how it works on Halo Reach.

> LOL if you look to the left of the mongoose you get off on the left side. If you look to the right you get off on the right. That is how it works on Halo Reach.

Are you absolutely sure? Cause everytime someone parks their vehicle next to a cliff and I exit my vehicle, I end up jumping off the darn cliff. Would be nice to at least choose which side you want to exit at.

> LOL if you look to the left of the mongoose you get off on the left side. If you look to the right you get off on the right. That is how it works on Halo Reach.

Thats not how it works.

Trust me that is how it works. I know my mongoose better than you do. Go try it and come back.

I think in previous game you always got off one side of the vehicle so you always knew how to park. In Reach it’s random and annoying. I think they should make it like previous games so you always know which side you will get off from, or make it so you can choose.

You should be able to jump out of the mongoose while moving fast, more like an eject jump.

Do I really have to make a video for you guys or are you just going to listen to me.

I am not talking about Halo 3 I am talking about Reach. You always get off on the side you are looking towards. I have to go to work right now and I will show you guys later if I have to. I don’t do anything but mongoose when I play so I can guarantee you that I am not the one wrong person in this thread, I know what I am talking about.

> Do I really have to make a video for you guys or are you just going to listen to me.
>
> I am not talking about Halo 3 I am talking about Reach. You always get off on the side you are looking towards. I have to go to work right now and I will show you guys later if I have to. I don’t do anyhing but mongoose when I play so I can guarantee you that I am not the one wrong person in this thread, I know what I am talking about.

i think there talking about the passenger seat cause im pretty sure you cant control how you get out on the passenger seat

Doesn’t seem to work. I just tried it. I looked right, and got out on the LHS

EDIT: OK, you actually have to pan the camera all the way to the left or right, but this meathod is far too slow. We need a quicker meathod.

> Maybe if you push to one side while holding the exit button.

Used to think this too, until recently I was in a custom game when I was near the edge and of course I got off on the wrong side. Tested out whether moving left or right made a difference but it didn’t. Unless like someone else mentioned that you might have to pan the camera all the way, which is abit too time-consuming IMO. Great idea OP, this should be changed for more consistency.

I don’t understand what you guys are doing wrong and I am sorry if I came off a bit out of character earlier, rough week and all. Anyway I slapped together a very lame video for you guys because I just love you that much.

here you go

> > Maybe if you push to one side while holding the exit button.
>
> Used to think this too, until recently I was in a custom game when I was near the edge and of course I got off on the wrong side. Tested out whether moving left or right made a difference but it didn’t. Unless like someone else mentioned that you might have to pan the camera all the way, which is abit too time-consuming IMO. Great idea OP, this should be changed for more consistency.

I never said I think it works like that, I was making a suggestion as to how it could work.