Mongoose Destroyer? How!?

I do enjoy trying to finish all the commendations and what not, but how do you guys get this done? I only have 9 Mongoose destroyed after 350 games and my brother has 42 after 850 games. Nobody drives these freaking things and 90% of the time you’ll kill the driver and not the vehicle. Any tips?

I’ve managed to destroy 64 in 2,037 games.

Whenever I hear one or spot one I call in my most destructive weapon and I hunt it down until I destroy it.

That’s the only piece of advice I can really give

Destryoing a Gungoose counts too. That being said, stock up on vehicle killing reqs (plascaster, railgun, rockets), & if you DO see someone driving around in one. Let 'em have it. Keep your eyes open for them mostly in the early rounds. Between req levels 3-5.

Yes this is commendation certainly is quite a pain. I have 33 left to go still. I must admit as soon as I see one about I do my best to hunt it down if possible.

Ya I’m only level 3 on that. It sucks

I’ve probably hit more in BTB than Warzone to be fair.

try using more explosive weaponry , but the hydra would be ideal as it does an adequate amount of damage while having the ability to home and its only uncommon. i would also recommend that you just have it with you during req levels 1-5 because once you see a mongoose ,the chances are that your going to miss it while trying to run back to your base and get an appropriate weapon.

I’ve been really focusing on this by playing BTB with capture the flag being the best opportunity to spot the mongoose joy riders. This and the Phaeton kill commendation are just extremely brutal with no “real” shortcuts. Has anyone had more luck completing this in Warzone?

.I think that mongoose sumo in the action sack mode gets you mongoose destroys

All you have to do is press A, then shoot a bullet at ennemy mongoose, continue playing normally, and once they fall, you sometimes get the commendation

> 2533274875558354;8:
> I’ve been really focusing on this by playing BTB with capture the flag being the best opportunity to spot the mongoose joy riders. This and the Phaeton kill commendation are just extremely brutal with no “real” shortcuts. Has anyone had more luck completing this in Warzone?

Phaeton are pretty easy just because the number is so low, warzone fire fight had a lot of them when it first came out. I have not seen to many of them lately though.

> 2533274795422314;6:
> I’ve probably hit more in BTB than Warzone to be fair.

> 2533274875558354;8:
> I’ve been really focusing on this by playing BTB with capture the flag being the best opportunity to spot the mongoose joy riders. This and the Phaeton kill commendation are just extremely brutal with no “real” shortcuts. Has anyone had more luck completing this in Warzone?

These, I actually seem to destroy more in BTB games, it does suck how much easier it is to kill the driver as opposed to the whole vehicle.

I think you get “Mongoose Destroyed” medals when you blow up an empty Goose. I think.

> 2533274876215320;10:
> > 2533274875558354;8:
> > I’ve been really focusing on this by playing BTB with capture the flag being the best opportunity to spot the mongoose joy riders. This and the Phaeton kill commendation are just extremely brutal with no “real” shortcuts. Has anyone had more luck completing this in Warzone?
>
>
> Phaeton are pretty easy just because the number is so low, warzone fire fight had a lot of them when it first came out. I have not seen to many of them lately though.

Please don’t revive old threads. Start a new one to get some chatter going!

I find that using the Spartan laser works best. but yeah it’s tough since they aren’t used a lot. I need like 20 or 30 more myself.

Your best friend for destroying Mongeese / Gungeese (don’t judge me) is the Arclight. With its APHE round, a single shot will turn any 4x4 (and any Wasp) into a heap of flaming metal. Not to mention the fact you can hold the charge indefinitely is a huge help when aiming.

> 2535429593088083;15:
> Your best friend for destroying Mongeese / Gungeese (don’t judge me) is the Arclight. With its APHE round, a single shot will turn any 4x4 (and any Wasp) into a heap of flaming metal. Not to mention the fact you can hold the charge indefinitely is a huge help when aiming.

This right here. Arclight is the best for destroying all light vehicles. It kills mongooses in one shot as well as wasps and all Ghosts except the Temple I believe. It won’t kills Warthogs but it will knock out anybody that is inside in one hit. I believe it kills Sword and Paper Banshees in two hits and does so without the laser light broadcasting that you are trying to take them down.

Tanks and Wraiths also are great for killing the mongoose. As are the regular Laser and Silenes Lance. I think the Endgame is a bit weaker and is more likely to kill the driver and not the vehicle but I could be wrong, I’d never waste a shot from that on a mongoose anyways.

> 2533274859655334;16:
> > 2535429593088083;15:
> > Your best friend for destroying Mongeese / Gungeese (don’t judge me) is the Arclight. With its APHE round, a single shot will turn any 4x4 (and any Wasp) into a heap of flaming metal. Not to mention the fact you can hold the charge indefinitely is a huge help when aiming.
>
>
> This right here. Arclight is the best for destroying all light vehicles. It kills mongooses in one shot as well as wasps and all Ghosts except the Temple I believe. It won’t kills Warthogs but it will knock out anybody that is inside in one hit. I believe it kills Sword and Paper Banshees in two hits and does so without the laser light broadcasting that you are trying to take them down.
>
> Tanks and Wraiths also are great for killing the mongoose. As are the regular Laser and Silenes Lance. I think the Endgame is a bit weaker and is more likely to kill the driver and not the vehicle but I could be wrong, I’d never waste a shot from that on a mongoose anyways.

With a single shot on the weak spot, the Arclight can destroy most vehicles in a single shot even without a Damage Boost. Mongeese / Gungeese go up like popcorn. Ghosts are nothing more than smoking tumbleweeds. Wasps and Banshees become flying coffins for the unfortunate pilot inside. Hell, even a Wraith and a Phaeton can be brought down in a single shot towards their weak spots!

warzone assault. They find use there early on. That with a bit of luck and no i dont have that done yet but im trying as well.

My advice is to play CTF on any map that have these ATVs in BTB. (((The best map when I did this was on any of the Bloodgulch variants). Use the Spartan Laser and destroy them. I did the same in H4 but with the Mantis). It is pretty easy especially when there is (depending on map) 2 at the enemy base along with a gungoss in the center. Most teams, clans, or smart people will use this transports to score. But you can steal some kills from them along the way.)
I have all weapon, enemy, vehicle, mulitplayer, and most gameplay commendations done along with all achievements done. Let me know if you need any help or advice on anything. Message me here or on XBL GT at; Ghost Of Harbie. I will assist anyone the best of my abilities and when I have time.

Have 19 left. It’s a serious pain, i go for the Spartan usually and that doesn’t count.