Mongoose Destroyer Commendation, Impossible?

Does anyone else find this commendation to be impossible? In 300+ games, I’m at 2/165 (or I assume 165 to finish it). Those two kills came from a disregardful couple messing around at the end of a match on the same mongoose. Is there anyone out there that has finished this thing?

Not as impossible as plasma pistol master

> Not as impossible as plasma pistol master

What about pulse grenade master?

> Does anyone else find this commendation to be impossible? In 300+ games, I’m at 2/165 (or I assume 165 to finish it). Those two kills came from a disregardful couple messing around at the end of a match on the same mongoose. Is there anyone out there that has finished this thing?

Anyone who has finished it obviously boosted it, there is really no way to obtain this until a year passes.

They would need a Rocket Race playlist to have even a chance of people getting this one.

> > Does anyone else find this commendation to be impossible? In 300+ games, I’m at 2/165 (or I assume 165 to finish it). Those two kills came from a disregardful couple messing around at the end of a match on the same mongoose. Is there anyone out there that has finished this thing?
>
> Anyone who has finished it obviously boosted it, there is really no way to obtain this until a year passes.

That or are probably members of some famous videogames network like machinima or employees of some videogame shop like gamestop.

> > > Does anyone else find this commendation to be impossible? In 300+ games, I’m at 2/165 (or I assume 165 to finish it). Those two kills came from a disregardful couple messing around at the end of a match on the same mongoose. Is there anyone out there that has finished this thing?
> >
> > Anyone who has finished it obviously boosted it, there is really no way to obtain this until a year passes.
>
> That or are probably members of some famous videogames network like machinima or employees of some videogame shop like gamestop.

or they blow mine up in BTB.
im always trying to get a powerslide splatter in the mongoose.

Some of the commendations 343i came up with are ridiculous. Some you’ll just sort of get in the course of playing… but some are next to impossible even if you’re playing constantly.

For instance… the sniper crawler commendation. You have to kill about as many of these things as normal crawlers, but there’s never more than 2-4 in any SOps featuring crawlers, if any.

Any why so many commendations for winning matches? I don’t determine if I win a match, other players do. So why base unlocks in MY game on other players’ performance?

They really need to go back and look at the numbers for these commendations again.

i play engineer in battlefield 3 and thats all i do in halo 4 – destroy vehicles. i PROMISE anyone who plays against me, CAN NOT get in to a vehicle and survive more then 15 seconds (near me)!!!

i destroy mongooses, banshees, ghosts, and Mantis’ all the time!!!

check out my Youtube

i have several vids on easy ways to DEMOLISH those who set foot in a vehicle. plus i learned from 3 & Reach, when people would just drive around a map in a warthog. well not any more!

my first loadout is even called “Engineer”
DMR NBL
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Grenades
JetPack
Mobility
Ammo/Stealth

It’s a tricky one. Firstly, not many people set foot in a mongoose since they’re wheeled deathtraps. Secondly, unlike most vehicles you can kill the driver with the mongoose taking minimal damage - so unless you’re using a splaser or rocket launcher, usually you won’t get a vehicle destroy result.

(I’m actually quite looking forward to concentrating on plasma pistol and pulse grenade kills… I have a theory that they’re actually quite underrated weapons.)

> (I’m actually quite looking forward to concentrating on plasma pistol and pulse grenade kills… I have a theory that they’re actually quite underrated weapons.)

Something tells me they’re not as underrated as you think haha. The plasma pistol is useful, don’t get me wrong. Just not as a killing blow weapon. It’s never been that traditionally in Halo.

Also, did anyone else notice there’s no commendation for getting kills with a vehicle? Once you finish the splatter commendation, there’s really no point in using vehicles anymore from a commendation perspective (aside from the wheelman one).

Tanks man, There’s only one in Exile, Assuming the other team gets it,And assuming your teammates dont blow it up first, Notto mention assassinating the king in regicide, No way man

So true…i am having that problem with killing players on the mongoose. You best bet is to use the rocket.

This is nigh on impossible because in slayer the vast majority of players ignore the 'goose completely. Its a useless vehicle in MP. No boost, no guns, slow speed, bad handling, and like all vehicles a sitting duck for emps.

I dont mind a challenge I have to work towards in the long term. But ffs I want on thats actually possible. At the current rate even If I play for a year solid, I would only have 15 'goose destructions.

Completely moronic challenge.

> They would need a Rocket Race playlist to have even a chance of people getting this one.

Exactly. Who knows when that’ll happen though, if ever. I sure hope we at least get a rocket hog race if Action Sack comes into play, but we’ll see.

As for destroying mongooses, I’ve never destroyed one. Plasma pistol is possible too I might add, its powerful like it was in Reach. Spew the bolts out and you’ll be fine.

As for pulse grenades, dropping players to one shot and then, as they get behind cover, lob the grenade is working great for me, even if I only have one.

It’s not completely impossible to do these, its just difficult as all heck and most will boost them just out of the fact its a lot of work for a short payout…

Unless 343i introduces a spartan ops level with 100 grunts riding around on 'gooses, which would be awesome, I don’t see anyone in the world finishing this one… ever.

> They would need a Rocket Race playlist to have even a chance of people getting this one.

Yeah, I agree. I’m two mantis’s away from maxing everything but the mongoose.