Monetising Monetization

So we’ve found out that you can only progress through the battlepass by completing challenges. No xp system whatsover.
What are 343 doing?
I noticed in the tech preview that the player can buy challenge re rolls.
I am cynical, old and despise the way the games industry sucks money out of it’s players like a leech would blood.
Why can’t we just re-roll the challenges? Why does this have to be yet another part of the game that we have to pay for.

Again, i’ve made this point so many times. Who asked for Infinite to be free to play?
To those that will say it makes the game more accessable.

Back in my day Halo 3 had more than 2 million active players at peak time. That was full priced.
They still had COD, Battlefield, Medal fo Honour, Counter Strike and many other competitors.

What is next? What else is missing? What else can they make us pay for I wonder?

I’m mostly fine with these microtransactions and the free to play thing because I’m not letting my children touch it, so I won’t spend much extra. But I’m not so chill about only leveling up through a limited number of challenges that I might have to pay extra to get more challenges or to swap challenges I don’t like. I’m fine missing out on some paid content on season passes I don’t care about every once in a while, but I shouldn’t have to pay extra for the leveling system.

> 2533275012076335;1:
> So we’ve found out that you can only progress through the battlepass by completing challenges. No xp system whatsover.
> What are 343 doing?
> I noticed in the tech preview that the player can buy challenge re rolls.
> I am cynical, old and despise the way the games industry sucks money out of it’s players like a leech would blood.
> Why can’t we just re-roll the challenges? Why does this have to be yet another part of the game that we have to pay for.
>
> Again, i’ve made this point so many times. Who asked for Infinite to be free to play?
> To those that will say it makes the game more accessable.
>
> Back in my day Halo 3 had more than 2 million active players at peak time. That was full priced.
> They still had COD, Battlefield, Medal fo Honour, Counter Strike and many other competitors.

that is the way industry work right now. it’s free to play game that no one asked so they have the reason for this.
buy challenges re-roll is the same exact thing in gears 5 except in gears give you iron for buying re-rolls.
honestly all of these have easy solution like daily challenges have a cool down. like first 5 set of challenges you complete give you 1 hours of cooldown the second wave of daily challenges when it’s done gave you 4 hours of cool down and etc…

Another reason for me to give this game a low star rating

I dislike the current progression system for four reasons:

• Players don’t all have the same challenges and can re-roll them into different ones, incentivizing players to play separately so they can each grind out their individual challenges for the day instead of being rewarded for simply playing the game how they want (and with their buddies). - It caps the amount of grinding someone can do in a day. If you really want your players to grind your game’s Battle Pass, then limiting their ability to do so could irritate many, even if there are a lot of daily challenges to complete. - Not being able to earn XP and progress just by playing discourages play once someone has completed their challenges. - The daily challenges turn each day into a grind, one that many players will feel trapped by.

You guys just like to complain to complain? Let’s say 343 incorporated your ideal system into the game, people would still find a way to criticize it. You haven’t seen it in action yet to even hate it.

> 2533274861263132;4:
> Another reason for me to give this game a low star rating

Why even bother hating on it if you havent played it yet? You are already talking about giving the game a low star rating before it even comes out and you play it…sad.

> 2540646754085145;6:
> You guys just like to complain to complain? Let’s say 343 incorporated your ideal system into the game, people would still find a way to criticize it. You haven’t seen it in action yet to even hate it.

Criticism in hopes of improving the game isn’t “hating”. Not everyone has to like something. I infact love Halo. Not hate it like you seem to think.

If you dont like or support the in game monetization then dont buy it. I am a bit extreme because skins, colors, armor, and rank mean NOTHING to me. I have been playing halo since Halo 1 came out and the only customization you could do was change your spartan color. The only thing that mattered was gameplay and LAN parties. Rank, Armor and Skins were non existent. Is there anyone like me who only cares about the current match in halo? I rarely even edit my character I just focus on winning my game and objectives and having fun with friends. I then play the campaign over and over again trying new glitches and speed runs. I think everyone is to concerned on pointless rank and cosmetics. To each their own though! :slight_smile:

The “fun” should be the game not the toy solider editing

> 2540646754085145;7:
> > 2533274861263132;4:
> > Another reason for me to give this game a low star rating
>
> Why even bother hating on it if you havent played it yet? You are already talking about giving the game a low star rating before it even comes out and you play it…sad.

I’ve seen your type in every pre-release game:
“Guys, why are you complaining the game isn’t even out yet.”

After the game releases:“Guys, why are you complaining they said they were going to fix it in the next patch.” And the cycle continues.

The individuals that are hating on the game right now are probably better for the game in long-term health than the people that want to pretend everything is unicorns and rainbows.

> 2540646754085145;6:
> You guys just like to complain to complain? Let’s say 343 incorporated your ideal system into the game, people would still find a way to criticize it. You haven’t seen it in action yet to even hate it.

It is systematically flawed, it’s not hard to predict the effects it would have. Additionally, it’s already being done in MCC, which leads to – you guessed it – idling players, casuals playing competitive, and throttled progression.
If you act as an apologist for 343, they aren’t held accountable when they need to be.

> 2533274998823536;9:
> If you dont like or support the in game monetization then dont buy it. I am a bit extreme because skins, colors, armor, and rank mean NOTHING to me. I have been playing halo since Halo 1 came out and the only customization you could do was change your spartan color. The only thing that mattered was gameplay and LAN parties. Rank, Armor and Skins were non existent. Is there anyone like me who only cares about the current match in halo? I rarely even edit my character I just focus on winning my game and objectives and having fun with friends. I then play the campaign over and over again trying new glitches and speed runs. I think everyone is to concerned on pointless rank and cosmetics. To each their own though! :slight_smile:
>
> The “fun” should be the game not the toy solider editing

Ignoring the cosmetics is fine, but this system compromises the match because it encourages unnatural behavior from players. If a player’s challenge is to say, get 15 kills with the sniper rifle, then that player is more likely to camp the sniper rifle and then use it in a non-strategic manner once they pick it up, prioritizing kills over tactical decision-making. Even if you don’t care about cosmetics, which is fine, this challenge system is bad for the sandbox.

We just have to wait until we see the monetization fully implemented. I feel like right now it’s easy to see issues when the scope isn’t known.

I’m going to be frustrated if the only way to progress the battle pass is challenges. Hopefully they won’t be too annoying to complete, if they’re simple I can tolerate them and maybe complete them by accident without even looking at them lol.

> 2540646754085145;6:

Why are you here man?

You’re giving off this vibe like you’re a 16 year old fanboy, hopping from thread to thread and harassing anyone who is criticizing choices that 343 has made. Not every thread needs to be a circle jerk. You understand this is what forums are for?

Yeah it blows. There will be no incentive to do anything other than what your challenges need. Why capture the flag when your challenge says that you need to get kills? The question is what will be the point of medals and scoring?