Mombasa Heights: Halo 5 Map made in Maya

Halo 5 Map I made in Maya. It’s based on New Mombasa from Halo 3: ODST and I took some inspiration from the NMPD: HQ level. I will say I had to sacrifice some quality and some additional things to get it to render in under two days, but it still came out pretty good. Any feedback is great as I’m still trying to get better with Maya, so let me know what you think.

> 2533274801423424;1:
> - YouTube
>
> Halo 5 Map I made in Maya. It’s based on New Mombasa from Halo 3: ODST and I took some inspiration from the NMPD: HQ level. I will say I had to sacrifice some quality and some additional things to get it to render in under two days, but it still came out pretty good. Any feedback is great as I’m still trying to get better with Maya, so let me know what you think.

The design kind of looks like a Halo 2 map than a Halo 5 map.

Usually I have something relevant to say when it comes to mapmaking or 3D modeling, and in this case both… but I got nothing. Just, solid work man. I enjoy the layout immensely and the Mombasa aesthetic is refreshing to see again. It should be relatively to recreate this in Forge, of course, having the entire groundwork laid out in Maya. This just reminds me to get back to making 3D models again myself…

Very very nicely build this map is

Lazy link :slight_smile:

Awesome job

Very nice work! Love the classic Halo 2 aesthetic! Major props go to you OP for taking the time to design this!

> 2535460843083983;3:
> Usually I have something relevant to say when it comes to mapmaking or 3D modeling, and in this case both… but I got nothing. Just, solid work man. I enjoy the layout immensely and the Mombasa aesthetic is refreshing to see again. It should be relatively to recreate this in Forge, of course, having the entire groundwork laid out in Maya. This just reminds me to get back to making 3D models again myself…

Thanks man, that means a lot! And I have no problem if you want to recreate the map in forge and I actually encourage you too. Just make sure to give me credit in the description or something.

> 2533274829873463;2:
> > 2533274801423424;1:
> > - YouTube
> >
> > Halo 5 Map I made in Maya. It’s based on New Mombasa from Halo 3: ODST and I took some inspiration from the NMPD: HQ level. I will say I had to sacrifice some quality and some additional things to get it to render in under two days, but it still came out pretty good. Any feedback is great as I’m still trying to get better with Maya, so let me know what you think.
>
>
> The design kind of looks like a Halo 2 map than a Halo 5 map.

Is that a good or bad thing? And if your talking about the graphics, I had to really reduce the quality to get it to render in under two days, but to make a map the same quality as one in halo 5, it takes months with a team of 20 people.

> 2533274847563380;5:
> Lazy link :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting the hyperlink, I really don’t get why you have to be a certain rank to post them.