Moire 'convincing' Hologram

I really hope that the hologram isn’t as useless as it was in Reach.

Since we know that the code for AI exists regarding weapons, terrain and enemy vicinity, why not tie that into the hologram AA and let it be an AI Hologram that reacts to the environment and also has the same ‘label’ that a real person has?

This would be more useful and might actually fool 1 or 2 people instead of no one…

I think they should make it at least shoot while its running and maybe chuck a grenade or something, obviously it can’t cause any kind of damage to other players, its just simply a visual thing

> I think they should make it at least shoot while its running and maybe chuck a grenade or something, obviously it can’t cause any kind of damage to other players, its just simply a visual thing

How about an EMP blast when they destroy your Hologram, that damages enemy shields.

Well, it will be able to fool FV so that already will be a big advantage.

The only time I’m fooled by a hologram is when I’m very distracted in the heat of battle.

Hologram needs to be more solid looking, make your reticule red, have a label, and appear red on your motion tracker.

> The only time I’m fooled by a hologram is when I’m very distracted in the heat of battle.

Yeah, and even then I notice as soon as I’ve shot the first bullet.

343 should get rid of player names, that would make holograms look like someone just running in a straight line.

Now that sprint is a default ability holograms should be able to sprint. Perhaps pressing the AA button produces a walking hologram, while pressing AA and sprint simultaneously will produce a sprinting one? With everyone using Sprint, I imagine the fact a hologram is walking would be a dead giveaway.

Exactly.

It would be also cool that if you remained still or crouched, you could maneuver your hologram. Kinda like a remote controlled decoy.

The hologram we have is fine. I think most people just don’t know how to use it. Some people just keep shooting them down hallways at the enemy and then wonder why the enemy doesn’t fall for it.

In a game like Halo, where a fight can be determined by literally a second or two; its better to use the hologram in close quarters. To where even a Pro’s “reflexes” would cause them to be distracted for a second while you get the first shot in. A good example is watching an enemy come around a corner on the radar; and right before they get around…shoot the Hologram while meleeing/shooting them first. This is one of the most effective ways…and I win games with this.

> Exactly.
>
> It would be also cool that if you remained still or crouched, you could maneuver your hologram. Kinda like a remote controlled decoy.

That would be so awesome. :smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE8KlskLKzc
I never liked falling for the holograms. And I can say I’ve done it…twice? Let’s say I was fooled three times. Two and a half? Yeah.

Not saying some derp was ACTING like a hologram; he sent one out from behind cover and assassinated me. That’s all.

Moire “convincing” hologram?
Moire; silk fabric with a wavy surface pattern

Silk fabric with a wavy surface pattern “convincing” hologram, I like the sound of that, thanks OP.