MODS PLZ Notice.. Is there finally African servers

I noticed that got very low ping while playing Halo Infinite in South Africa…
I’m one of many Africans that have been playing halo since childhood. We are used to playing halo on 200+ ping, but I was astounded when my friends and I played Halo Infinite flighting and got between 15-60 ping on three separate pvp matches for the first time ever. I was dumbfounded and the low latency felt amazing. I just need confirmation on this matter, does Africa finally have Servers??

Fellow South African here, I don’t think so because a couple of times I’ve ended up with a french person or an amercian, I could tell because their mics weren’t muted.

It’s just dedicated servers I think

> 2535456689077316;2:
> Fellow South African here, I don’t think so because a couple of times I’ve ended up with a french person or an amercian, I could tell because their mics weren’t muted.
>
> It’s just dedicated servers I think

The servers swapped on every matched from constant 400 to 300 to 220, I also noticed French and Americans in-game. I just thinks it’s very likely we have African servers, because how did my friends and I get 15-60 ping in South Africa? Felt like they were testing the servers.

I’m not sure maybe we bounce around on different servers so that the player-base doesn’t get cut so maybe if its majority South African it might end up being on an African server or majority American it’ll end up on a US server vice versa, just a theory

> 2535456689077316;4:
> I’m not sure maybe we bounce around on different servers so that the player-base doesn’t get cut so maybe if its majority South African it might end up being on an African server or majority American it’ll end up on a US server vice versa, just a theory

I agree, I also think it worked like that in the Flighting. I hope on launch we can actually choose our servers and tick what servers you actually want to match on( like in mcc) and I really really hope to see African Servers in the network settings.

As a fellow South African here who played with 3 other locals. We pulled local servers quite a few times (5ms Ping) and played against other South Africans in these matches.
Looks very likely that we will see local servers in Infinite.

Just a note for any locals that do jump in here, I run Halo South Africa. A local Halo community, we have a Discord server and twitter account at @Halo_ZA.
If you guys want to join us and stay up to date with local tournaments and news etc please reach out to me.

> 2535450000519548;6:
> As a fellow South African here who played with 3 other locals. We pulled local servers quite a few times (5ms Ping) and played against other South Africans in these matches.
> Looks very likely that we will see local servers in Infinite.

Thanks for your response. It’s nice to hear from someone that also confirms playing on local servers. I’ll follow you on twitter.