mods could you please...

Could the mods create “official” threads on topics like sprint/no sprint discussions that keep popping up pin it to the top and start locking repetitive threads on these topics so we can get some original discussions and debates on here.

other common crap:
I will /won’t buy halo 5 because…

smart scope pro con.

yadda yadda yadda…

don’t misunderstand I am all for the discussions but we do not need hundreds of new threads every day that say exactly the same thing.

thank you.

now return to the frey…

Agreed, do this and start banning anyone that makes a new thread about it. T

that’s the beauty of a text based forum…YOU choose which discussion you take part in. don’t like those discussions? create one yourself.

> 2533274836395701;3:
> that’s the beauty of a text based forum…YOU choose which discussion you take part in. don’t like those discussions? create one yourself.

Except when your discussion you make gets drowned out by all the same negative fluff. The worst part is (and I’ve seen this) is an overly positive thread about Halo 5 being brought down by negative comments about Halo MCC.

So annoying.

> 2533274795233660;4:
> > 2533274836395701;3:
> > that’s the beauty of a text based forum…YOU choose which discussion you take part in. don’t like those discussions? create one yourself.
>
>
> Except when your discussion you make gets drowned out by all the same negative fluff. The worst part is (and I’ve seen this) is an overly positive thread about Halo 5 being brought down by negative comments about Halo MCC.
>
> So annoying.

This guy, been there and it’s sooo painful

> 2533274795233660;4:
> > 2533274836395701;3:
> > that’s the beauty of a text based forum…YOU choose which discussion you take part in. don’t like those discussions? create one yourself.
>
>
> Except when your discussion you make gets drowned out by all the same negative fluff. The worst part is (and I’ve seen this) is an overly positive thread about Halo 5 being brought down by negative comments about Halo MCC.
>
> So annoying.

during the reach days i said positive things about reach and my stuff was occasionally drowned out. if the forums think that specific discussion is important then that’s how it is. when i posted things about what i would like to see fixed about halo 4 when it released (namely weapon balance, fixing the geometry on complex, file share and changing the weightings on ordnance) not only did my things get drowned out by “if you don’t like it leave” and “adapt” threads but i got berated for giving an opinion in a much more toxic manner than what is around today.

it can be annoying but that’s the swing of it, it will mainly be criticism, then at every reveal and on release it will be an influx of hateful or ignorant threads about people who enjoy a more classic halo, then after thats died down then the other side will post more contemptuous and ‘harsh’ threads.

not everyone goes on a forum, and many people have different thoughts on what opinions make up these forums, either way it’s full of people with either strong opinions or people that just enjoy using forums. so consistent threads of criticism and speculation are definitely going to fill up the forum. that’s how it is on any dedicated forum for a game (see the lol, steam or starcraft forums), it only gets worse when there is more people to offer differing opinions, though i suppose that’s the catch to allowing people to speak their mind.

Several years ago I had a Minecraft Forum account. They have perfect moderation in the “Suggestions” section. They don’t allow repetitive threads, so if you have the same idea you have to reply to an existing thread. It works great and I’d really clean.

Only if they also make one official threads for things like campaign and story discussion as well.

> 2533274877056440;7:
> Several years ago I had a Minecraft Forum account. They have perfect moderation in the “Suggestions” section. They don’t allow repetitive threads, so if you have the same idea you have to reply to an existing thread. It works great and I’d really clean.

That sounds like a horrible idea.

Bungie used to do it when they’d get upset with people posting negative feedback. All it did was essentially outlaw discussion on the topic as nobody wanted to post their idea into the sea that was the massive, unruly dedicated master thread.

> 2533274795233660;4:
> > 2533274836395701;3:
> > that’s the beauty of a text based forum…YOU choose which discussion you take part in. don’t like those discussions? create one yourself.
>
>
> Except when your discussion you make gets drowned out by all the same negative fluff. The worst part is (and I’ve seen this) is an overly positive thread about Halo 5 being brought down by negative comments about Halo MCC.
>
> So annoying.

There is nothing inherently better about a “positive” thread than a “negative” one. People are allowed to voice their opinion so long as a thread follows the forum rules. You can’t just censor people because you think it’s “negative”(which is just a matter of perception).

People should definitely be free to voice there opinions, but do we really need 3 firefight threads going at once? They all seem to be more or less the same with mostly the same people too.

> 2535438961934440;10:
> > 2533274795233660;4:
> > > 2533274836395701;3:
> > > that’s the beauty of a text based forum…YOU choose which discussion you take part in. don’t like those discussions? create one yourself.
> >
> >
> > Except when your discussion you make gets drowned out by all the same negative fluff. The worst part is (and I’ve seen this) is an overly positive thread about Halo 5 being brought down by negative comments about Halo MCC.
> >
> > So annoying.
>
>
> There is nothing inherently better about a “positive” thread than a “negative” one. People are allowed to voice their opinion so long as a thread follows the forum rules. You can’t just censor people because you think it’s “negative”(which is just a matter of perception).

there’s quite a lot of people that just because they don’t agree with another person it turns into a big argument about which one has the better insults. criticism should not be censored, as long as it’s constructive and is said appropriately. i do think they should limit the amount of threads on one subject though, not a master thread, but only one thread about subject can be on the first page at once. once it dies off and goes to the second page, another can be posted continuing the thread. there should be some sort of limit. some people just get out of hand and go outside the forum rules repeatedly.

> 2533274884665671;12:
> > 2535438961934440;10:
> > > 2533274795233660;4:
> > > > 2533274836395701;3:
> > > > that’s the beauty of a text based forum…YOU choose which discussion you take part in. don’t like those discussions? create one yourself.
> > >
> > >
> > > Except when your discussion you make gets drowned out by all the same negative fluff. The worst part is (and I’ve seen this) is an overly positive thread about Halo 5 being brought down by negative comments about Halo MCC.
> > >
> > > So annoying.
> >
> >
> > There is nothing inherently better about a “positive” thread than a “negative” one. People are allowed to voice their opinion so long as a thread follows the forum rules. You can’t just censor people because you think it’s “negative”(which is just a matter of perception).
>
>
> there’s quite a lot of people that just because they don’t agree with another person it turns into a big argument about which one has the better insults. criticism should not be censored, as long as it’s constructive and is said appropriately. i do think they should limit the amount of threads on one subject though, not a master thread, but only one thread about subject can be on the first page at once. once it dies off and goes to the second page, another can be posted continuing the thread. there should be some sort of limit. some people just get out of hand and go outside the forum rules repeatedly.

nah i disagree as that limits what people truly feel, if everyone is bringing up corcern on a particular topic then those threads should make up most of the first page.
i think it should limit how many threads a person can create in a week or something, that way people have to judge the importance of what they say and only bring light to something they’re truly concerned about.

> 2533274836395701;13:
> > 2533274884665671;12:
> > > 2535438961934440;10:
> > > > 2533274795233660;4:
> > > > > 2533274836395701;3:
> > > > > that’s the beauty of a text based forum…YOU choose which discussion you take part in. don’t like those discussions? create one yourself.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Except when your discussion you make gets drowned out by all the same negative fluff. The worst part is (and I’ve seen this) is an overly positive thread about Halo 5 being brought down by negative comments about Halo MCC.
> > > >
> > > > So annoying.
> > >
> > >
> > > There is nothing inherently better about a “positive” thread than a “negative” one. People are allowed to voice their opinion so long as a thread follows the forum rules. You can’t just censor people because you think it’s “negative”(which is just a matter of perception).
> >
> >
> > there’s quite a lot of people that just because they don’t agree with another person it turns into a big argument about which one has the better insults. criticism should not be censored, as long as it’s constructive and is said appropriately. i do think they should limit the amount of threads on one subject though, not a master thread, but only one thread about subject can be on the first page at once. once it dies off and goes to the second page, another can be posted continuing the thread. there should be some sort of limit. some people just get out of hand and go outside the forum rules repeatedly.
>
>
> nah i disagree as that limits what people truly feel, if everyone is bringing up corcern on a particular topic then those threads should make up most of the first page.
> i think it should limit how many threads a person can create in a week or something, that way people have to judge the importance of what they say and only bring light to something they’re truly concerned about.

that’s also why we have a spot for featured threads. the one that is the most important or most concerning has the most replies. anyway, there needs to be some way of limiting the repetitive posts.

CelticDragon said it well. You, the community, are responsible on what kind of threads are made, which of them get popular, and which don’t. If you don’t like a thread, ignore it. If it truly is just pointless repetition, it will die quickly. If it doesn’t die, then it’s obviously something people want to discuss. Besides, too often I see posts in those threads complaining about how they’re sick of those threads. If you’re so sick of it, you’re certainly not helping your case by supporting it.

I don’t see us creating any official threads or discriminating against certain discussion in the future. At the worst of times when there are half a dozen identical thread on the front page, we might lock some of them like we’ve always done, but we’re not going to start actively limiting discussion. Right at this moment anyway the Halo 5 forum front page seems very diverse, so there really seems to be no huge problem to begin with.

Now that I said that, I’m going to lock this thread to give space for threads that have more to do with Halo 5. If you have more concerns, feel free to PM any of us.