Modify Spartan Voices

What if we could determine our Spartan’s Voice for when they do call outs? No, I am not saying we get options such as the Master Chief or Locke, or any other character we think of as famous within the lore of the game. What I mean, is that if we are able to choose a Spartan’s voice (that is respectful to our correct gender, unless 343 feels like adding something as humorous as a burly sounding female Spartan) so that we can understand where a callout might be coming from more accurately.

• It would be something easy to allow players to modify.- It would make call out’s potentially more understandable by who is calling out what.- It would make us feel like we had more choice with our spartans.

Kind of like how we could choose our firefight voice in Reach? This would be amazing. I support it wholeheartedly. I would love to have Jorges voice again btw. He had an amazing voice.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> Kind of like how we could choose our firefight voice in Reach? This would be amazing. I support it wholeheartedly. I would love to have Jorges voice again btw. He had an amazing voice.

That’ s EXACTLY what I mean. However, I don’t feel like we should be able to have a voice of anyone noticeable in multiplier. I more mean like we could choose between 'Male Spartan Voice A, B, C, D, E, F, or G". They would be generic voices. It may seem like a let down to not have well known voices, but I would like to have this be a customization option that doesn’t burn a hole in 343’s pocket to give to us.

All you’re doing is going back through the old games and choosing the ‘ideas’ that you think would be good to move over. Unless they have firefight, this wouldn’t work. This isn’t even a good thing for them to focus their resources/time on. Jesus.

> 2533274938678576;4:
> All you’re doing is going back through the old games and choosing the ‘ideas’ that you think would be good to move over. Unless they have firefight, this wouldn’t work. This isn’t even a good thing for them to focus their resources/time on. Jesus.

You didn’t play the Beta did you? In game, Spartans call out things such as “Sniper”, “Grenade!” and so on. While I would love Firefight in the game, this suggestion is meant for the voices that you hear from the actual spartans in multiplayer.

> 2533274807231709;5:
> > 2533274938678576;4:
> > All you’re doing is going back through the old games and choosing the ‘ideas’ that you think would be good to move over. Unless they have firefight, this wouldn’t work. This isn’t even a good thing for them to focus their resources/time on. Jesus.
>
>
> You didn’t play the Beta did you? In game, Spartans call out things such as “Sniper”, “Grenade!” and so on. While I would love Firefight in the game, this suggestion is meant for the voices that you hear from the actual spartans in multiplayer.

Yes, I played the beta. They have also said that will be all but removed.
I don’t want firefight, seeing as how it isn’t really that fun, and yes I fully understand why you’re mentioning the voices. I am mentioning WHY they were there to begin with. This isn’t something they should put time into. They have plenty of other things that would be MUCH more worth it.

> 2533274938678576;6:
> > 2533274807231709;5:
> > > 2533274938678576;4:
> > > All you’re doing is going back through the old games and choosing the ‘ideas’ that you think would be good to move over. Unless they have firefight, this wouldn’t work. This isn’t even a good thing for them to focus their resources/time on. Jesus.
> >
> >
> > You didn’t play the Beta did you? In game, Spartans call out things such as “Sniper”, “Grenade!” and so on. While I would love Firefight in the game, this suggestion is meant for the voices that you hear from the actual spartans in multiplayer.
>
>
> Yes, I played the beta. They have also said that will be all but removed.
> I don’t want firefight, seeing as how it isn’t really that fun, and yes I fully understand why you’re mentioning the voices. I am mentioning WHY they were there to begin with. This isn’t something they should put time into. They have plenty of other things that would be MUCH more worth it.

That’s just not true, just like the end animations they’re being toned down, not removed, which makes sense because people like the idea of both of them.

Slightly off topic, but I personally would love to see Firefight reapplied to the series! The reason I suggested the “Versus Bot” thread was in fear they hadn’t applied something for people without a connection to play.

And now back on topic: Do you know how much they are toning down the Spartan Call outs? I heard they were just allowing you to toggle the option to have it on, or off.

> 2533274807231709;8:
> Slightly off topic, but I personally would love to see Firefight reapplied to the series! The reason I suggested the “Versus Bot” thread was in fear they hadn’t applied something for people without a connection to play.
>
> And now back on topic: Do you know how much they are toning down the Spartan Call outs? I heard they were just allowing you to toggle the option to have it on, or off.

Last I heard they are all but cutting them out. Personally, I hated them. It was far too much chatter for what the normal Halo game was. It was quiet. You heard callouts from your team, not from your virtual team. That and the blatant repeating of sniper/heavy weapons over and over.

Thinking out loud here, but how great would it be of 343 to allow some of the MLG gamers they hired to make the game to be able to apply some of their voices as potential Spartan call out voices? I think it would be a great nod to some of their fans that have helped make Halo 5 what it is. :slight_smile:

> 2533274938678576;9:
> > 2533274807231709;8:
> > Slightly off topic, but I personally would love to see Firefight reapplied to the series! The reason I suggested the “Versus Bot” thread was in fear they hadn’t applied something for people without a connection to play.
> >
> > And now back on topic: Do you know how much they are toning down the Spartan Call outs? I heard they were just allowing you to toggle the option to have it on, or off.
>
>
> Last I heard they are all but cutting them out. Personally, I hated them. It was far too much chatter for what the normal Halo game was. It was quiet. You heard callouts from your team, not from your virtual team. That and the blatant repeating of sniper/heavy weapons over and over.

Flipside is that the heavy presence of immature, racist, homophobic, sexist and just outright predatory personalities means that very few people want to use their mics.

> 2533274807231709;10:
> Thinking out loud here, but how great would it be of 343 to allow some of the MLG gamers they hired to make the game to be able to apply some of their voices as potential Spartan call out voices? I think it would be a great nod to some of their fans that have helped make Halo 5 what it is. :slight_smile:

Eh…MLG players aren’t known for their melodious voices. It’d be cool, but potentially ear grating. Walshy and Puckett would be a good candidates, but they’re the only ones I’d actually want to listen to for a long period of time. xD

@JesusDied: 1.) Opinion stated as facts. 2.) Need examples of something better they could do with their time they aren’t already doing.

> 2535421619942348;12:
> > 2533274807231709;10:
> > Thinking out loud here, but how great would it be of 343 to allow some of the MLG gamers they hired to make the game to be able to apply some of their voices as potential Spartan call out voices? I think it would be a great nod to some of their fans that have helped make Halo 5 what it is. :slight_smile:
>
>
> Eh…MLG players aren’t known for their melodious voices. It’d be cool, but potentially ear grating. Walshy and Puckett would be a good candidates, but they’re the only ones I’d actually want to listen to for a long period of time. xD
>
> @JesusDied: 1.) Opinion stated as facts. 2.) Need examples of something better they could do with their time they aren’t already doing.

Lol we need Halofollower’s voice

As someone who dated a mute for a while, I know that she also hated to play games that required intense communication. Having a Spartan call out things isn’t exactly like having a voice, but I’m sure that people who currently have speech issues would appreciate it. Surely some people have had moments there throats were shot and couldn’t make sounds more than crackling.

> 2533274938678576;4:
> All you’re doing is going back through the old games and choosing the ‘ideas’ that you think would be good to move over. Unless they have firefight, this wouldn’t work. This isn’t even a good thing for them to focus their resources/time on. Jesus.

Reported.

Nice, that mechanic from Reach has been under-looked by most people

> 2533274873310828;11:
> > 2533274938678576;9:
> > > 2533274807231709;8:
> > > Slightly off topic, but I personally would love to see Firefight reapplied to the series! The reason I suggested the “Versus Bot” thread was in fear they hadn’t applied something for people without a connection to play.
> > >
> > > And now back on topic: Do you know how much they are toning down the Spartan Call outs? I heard they were just allowing you to toggle the option to have it on, or off.
> >
> >
> > Last I heard they are all but cutting them out. Personally, I hated them. It was far too much chatter for what the normal Halo game was. It was quiet. You heard callouts from your team, not from your virtual team. That and the blatant repeating of sniper/heavy weapons over and over.
>
>
> Flipside is that the heavy presence of immature, racist, homophobic, sexist and just outright predatory personalities means that very few people want to use their mics.

I’d rather have that then them repeating the same 5 phrases over and over and over and over and over and over. (see the problem here?)

> 2535421619942348;12:
> > 2533274807231709;10:
> > Thinking out loud here, but how great would it be of 343 to allow some of the MLG gamers they hired to make the game to be able to apply some of their voices as potential Spartan call out voices? I think it would be a great nod to some of their fans that have helped make Halo 5 what it is. :slight_smile:
>
>
> Eh…MLG players aren’t known for their melodious voices. It’d be cool, but potentially ear grating. Walshy and Puckett would be a good candidates, but they’re the only ones I’d actually want to listen to for a long period of time. xD
>
> @JesusDied: 1.) Opinion stated as facts. 2.) Need examples of something better they could do with their time they aren’t already doing.

Opinions stated as facts? What opinion have I stated as facts? Need examples? How the hell do I know what they are working on? It’s called secrecy for a reason.

Firefight is comfirmed NOT to be in Halo 5, btw.

> 2533275030582002;17:
> Firefight is comfirmed NOT to be in Halo 5, btw.

I said this before, and couldn’t find the post that they said it in. If you could post it, that would be awesome.

> 2533274938678576;18:
> > 2533275030582002;17:
> > Firefight is comfirmed NOT to be in Halo 5, btw.
>
>
> I said this before, and couldn’t find the post that they said it in. If you could post it, that would be awesome.

Agreed. I know that Invasion has been confirmed as not in the game, but I haven’t seen anything about Firefight.

Halo Follower got it from their twitter feed I think, look it up on their site, but they made a video on it to.