Modders in Halo Reach

Hi all,
I play a lot of Halo reach and I have come across many modders using aimbot, super speed, super jumps, etc. I know the game is old but it is pretty ridiculous that these players are able to do this and get away with it. It ruins the experience for everyone. Specifically in anniversary classic there are a handful of players that use aimbot and send hateful messages.
if anyone from 343 will read this please is there anyway you can get these players banned when it occurs. Thankyou :slight_smile:

> 2533274978584074;1:
> Hi all,
> I play a lot of Halo reach and I have come across many modders using aimbot, super speed, super jumps, etc. I know the game is old but it is pretty ridiculous that these players are able to do this and get away with it. It ruins the experience for everyone. Specifically in anniversary classic there are a handful of players that use aimbot and send hateful messages.
> if anyone from 343 will read this please is there anyway you can get these players banned when it occurs. Thankyou :slight_smile:

Yet the same “banhammer” pre-game message still is up and running when it clearly doesn’t work. 343 has stopped responding in the legacy forums so don’t expect a response here. I agree with you and do not understand how modders can get any sense of satisfaction seeing as how they need to illicitly modify the game in order to get wins, knowing they aren’t skilled enough to procure them via normal gameplay.

If i were you I’d recommend playing other playlists where modders don’t usually show up. Basically avoid btb, infection, griffball, and surpringly Anniversary classic apparently. Before the server issues started ruining gameplay back in September I was a rumble pit/multi team player and to my knowledge ever only encountered 1 modder in those playlists with about 18,000 games played between them. I haven’t really played in about 8 months though so things may have changed.

> 2682054420954072;2:
> > 2533274978584074;1:
> > Hi all,
> > I play a lot of Halo reach and I have come across many modders using aimbot, super speed, super jumps, etc. I know the game is old but it is pretty ridiculous that these players are able to do this and get away with it. It ruins the experience for everyone. Specifically in anniversary classic there are a handful of players that use aimbot and send hateful messages.
> > if anyone from 343 will read this please is there anyway you can get these players banned when it occurs. Thankyou :slight_smile:
>
> Yet the same “banhammer” pre-game message still is up and running when it clearly doesn’t work. 343 has stopped responding in the legacy forums so don’t expect a response here. I agree with you and do not understand how modders can get any sense of satisfaction seeing as how they need to illicitly modify the game in order to get wins, knowing they aren’t skilled enough to procure them via normal gameplay.
>
> If i were you I’d recommend playing other playlists where modders don’t usually show up. Basically avoid btb, infection, griffball, and surpringly Anniversary classic apparently. Before the server issues started ruining gameplay back in September I was a rumble pit/multi team player and to my knowledge ever only encountered 1 modder in those playlists with about 18,000 games played between them. I haven’t really played in about 8 months though so things may have changed.

thanks for responding. Wow. I didn’t know they didn’t respond here. Typical 343 I shoulda known. Isn’t it pathetic? And yes anniversary is worst of them all. These aimbotters send hateful message as well and have offensive gamertags directed towards players that play the playlist. Anyways that doesn’t matter to 343 and Microsoft. You would think they would maybe care a bit since they want to bring Thisbe game to mcc and pc

> 2533274978584074;3:
> > 2682054420954072;2:
> > > 2533274978584074;1:
> > > Hi all,
> > > I play a lot of Halo reach and I have come across many modders using aimbot, super speed, super jumps, etc. I know the game is old but it is pretty ridiculous that these players are able to do this and get away with it. It ruins the experience for everyone. Specifically in anniversary classic there are a handful of players that use aimbot and send hateful messages.
> > > if anyone from 343 will read this please is there anyway you can get these players banned when it occurs. Thankyou :slight_smile:
> >
> > Yet the same “banhammer” pre-game message still is up and running when it clearly doesn’t work. 343 has stopped responding in the legacy forums so don’t expect a response here. I agree with you and do not understand how modders can get any sense of satisfaction seeing as how they need to illicitly modify the game in order to get wins, knowing they aren’t skilled enough to procure them via normal gameplay.
> >
> > If i were you I’d recommend playing other playlists where modders don’t usually show up. Basically avoid btb, infection, griffball, and surpringly Anniversary classic apparently. Before the server issues started ruining gameplay back in September I was a rumble pit/multi team player and to my knowledge ever only encountered 1 modder in those playlists with about 18,000 games played between them. I haven’t really played in about 8 months though so things may have changed.
>
> thanks for responding. Wow. I didn’t know they didn’t respond here. Typical 343 I shoulda known. Isn’t it pathetic? And yes anniversary is worst of them all. These aimbotters send hateful message as well and have offensive gamertags directed towards players that play the playlist. Anyways that doesn’t matter to 343 and Microsoft. You would think they would maybe care a bit since they want to bring Thisbe game to mcc and pc

That is exactly what I’ve been saying. You’d think 343 would not only pay more attention to these forums seeing as how they’re trying to generate interest in a new release of this game but also keep the original at least semi-functional. I for one will certainly not be spending even one cent on anything they make even though Reach has provided me with countless hundreds of hours of enjoyment over the years and I’d like nothing more than a stable version that actually could do something as simple as configure full games.

As for the modders you encounter I’m afraid all you do is avoid them, report them, and move on. Hopefully enough other players are smart enough to do the same so they’ll eventually get banned. I can’t believe they have the audacity to send you messages seeing as how they are fully aware they have such little skill that they need to cheat in order to get a “win”.

Yea i agree. There’s no way im spending any money on anything 343 related. I already made the mistake of buying halo 5. It’s really unfortunate that this happened to the game. Reach is the only halo I play anymore

Please don’t cross post topics thanks