Modders and cheaters running wild in H3

Modders have been running wild in H3 and cheaters are populating matchmaking quite a bit lately. 343 can you do something about this because this is the last good Halo to many real halo halo fans like myself.

Don’t hold your breath, my friend. I don’t thing 343 even support Halo 3 now, since they have already said they can’t do anything with matchmaking now due to “Legacy tech restrictions”.

The game is what it is, and its up to the automated server to monitor and punish cheaters/modders.

I know there have always been cheaters in Halo 3 but in the 6 years of playing Halo 3 I only came across 2 and they were in ranked team slayer.

A lot of stuff you might think is cheating is just the bad network or lag. I play Halo 3 weekly and don’t see the rampant cheating you speak of.

I just played several matches on varying playlists and never once ran into anything suspicious.
Lag was not even once an issue. Which is annoying because I just popped in Halo 4 to pick-up-the-pace a little bit and it was lagging so bad there was (and I went back and timed it in theater) a 3 second delay from when I pulled my trigger to when the rocket left the launcher.

> I know there have always been cheaters in Halo 3 but in the 6 years of playing Halo 3 I only came across 2 and they were in ranked team slayer.
>
> A lot of stuff you might think is cheating is just the bad network or lag. I play Halo 3 weekly and don’t see the rampant cheating you speak of.

It is true what he is speaking of. I have met a total of around 10 different modders in my over 20000 played games, where I met close to 7 or 8 of them, in the latest months of 2013. That is not accounting how many times I met the same modders twice or more.

I also know OPs gamertag from playing against him, mainly in Team Slayer. I doubt a player with multiple 50s and thousands of games played is going to mistake a little lagg for cheating.

Just played my first ever modded game of Halo 3 in over 4000 games across multiple accounts. I was playing Social Slayer and the match lagged out. When I came back, I’d shoot someone once with a BR and they’d die, and my grenades came out as rockets. Soon, every time I shot my BR a spartan laser blast would come out and I’d get the spartan laser medal for my kills. The AR shot rockets out as though they were regular bullets, and the ammo never depleted.

I uploaded the game to my GT, Aleriooon. There’s a brief moment of around 5 seconds where I’m not in the game at all after the lag spike. Switch to my POV (after I disappear) around 2:50 into the clip as that’s when I reappear into the game, and when the modding gets weird.

I’d like to stress that I wasn’t the modder and that I don’t know who it was among the 7 people in the game.

I think bungie should blow the dust off the old banhammer and fire it up