MM Search Preference

Is there any way to make Balanced and Focused search preferences actually find a game for Social and Warzone games other than FF?
I’m in the BST timezone.

Only thing to do is wait and wait some more if it doesn’t find a match fairly quickly :-/

In all the time i’ve tried to match on anything but Extended in Social, i’ve only succeeded once (on Balanced).

On PC games i got to choose where the servers were, the game mode, the map, etc., and they were free to play …
I guess halo matches are so short that matchmaking makes sense, if only it would work as intended …

> 2533274810196308;3:
> In all the time i’ve tried to match on anything but Extended in Social, i’ve only succeeded once (on Balanced).
>
> On PC games i got to choose where the servers were, the game mode, the map, etc., and they were free to play …
> I guess halo matches are so short that matchmaking makes sense, if only it would work as intended …

There have been server issues lately from all the posts I’ve read, including yours. So that might be why you’re having issues finding matches. Normally, all other flaws aside, Halo 5’s matchmaking works well as advertised. Just to make sure, is your NAT open according to the networking page on your Xbox?

> 2533274824050480;4:
> There have been server issues lately from all the posts I’ve read, including yours. So that might be why you’re having issues finding matches. Normally, all other flaws aside, Halo 5’s matchmaking works well as advertised. Just to make sure, is your NAT open according to the networking page on your Xbox?

I hear you but the lag issues seem almost exclusively on Firefight. Haven’t exprienced anything near those issues on Warzone or Social and those are the ones i’m interested in. FF is just the grind to 152 (and improvement)

Yeah … open NAT

Is there any particular reason you don’t want to search on Expanded? Are you playing ranked?

Not ranked, usually Social or Warzone and i usually play solo. I’m also unfamiliar with game modes and maps so usually have to learn on the fly.
The teams are usually stacked one way or the other which is really boring both ways, especially slayer.
I want to improve so either having others win the game for me, or constantly being shot at from 3 directions at once is not beneficial.
On the few occasions that i have played in balanced teams it’s been close and been fun.