MM quitters are ruinng my game not FF afk'ers

This thread was on bungie.net and is a hot topic with over 600+ replies. http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=60858710&postRepeater1-p=1

There is basicly no punishment for quitting multiplayer games (wow 15 minutes is nothing) and they constantly ruin my games, my teammates games and the games of the people left on the other team and it makes a huge impact in btb. Its impossible to play good games as a full party of 8 as they always quit. Games turn into hide and seek and chasey with 8 on 2 which ruins our game and the poor -Yoinks!- that dont quit. Not as bad if its flag or bomb as we can end it quickly but games of slayer when we have like 30 kills, 10 minutes left and 2 people who wont quit no matter how bad we spawn kill them. This is not fun for us or them. Please increase the punishment for habitual quitters as its ruining hundreds of games for thousand of players, probably alot more than afking.

Quitters are a problem in every team playlist not just btb and not just against full parties.

Afk’ing is NOT ruining my game and if it was its Bungies own fault for rewarding people doing nothing.
More kills and credits for me, a distraction for my enemies/ someone else for them to go after.

I dont like them earning free credits but thats the systems fault for allowing that.

Something I posted in another thread: Bungie knowingly pay their gamers credits for doing nothing and even promote them then after 8 months decide they didnt like paying them for nothing so they demote you back to a nobody, take any money you earned (even the money earned for many hours of working), anything you bought with the money and say you can work but wont get any credits for 2 weeks.

Edit 1: Examples
It seems to be getting worse. Here’s just a couple of examples from the last couple of hours:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=626253893&player=Jamage007
They all quit within a couple of minutes.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=626301274&player=Jamage007
They quit 1 by 1 until there was only 1 guy left and it was slayer so we all had to kill 1 guy until the game was over.

Edit 2: The Revenge/The Test
When we came across a few people that quit on us earlier and a habit quitter we decided to do a test and get some revengeon them so 7 of us hid while the other went to take on the other team 7v1 to see if 1 person could break a spawn trap.
With the rest of us hiding and them only taking on 1 person they didnt seem to quit.
Funny thing is the guy by himself broke the spawn trap and started killing them alot more than they were killing him.
Now one of them quits but the rest stayed.
Since our guy was doing well in a 7v1 situation we stayed hidden to see how this played out. Our Guy went 41 kills 4 deaths, broke a spawn trap and beat a team of 8 singlehandedly.

Thats proof that spawn traps can be broken so please people play on. Not everyone is as good as him but a whole team that stays should be able to do it or at least try and give us some competition.
Game stats: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=626167309&player=Jamage007

TLDR: MM quitters are ruinng my game not FF afk’ers and all bungie care about is FF afk’ing not the real thing thats ruining games.

I agree, which was why I was so opposed towards the whole system. Especially when it was brought to attention Bungie was not going to do anything but just solely hunt FF afkers. Useless waste of time when a clear banhammer target should have been done towards the other side.

Finally someone who understands. I honestly dont give a -Yoink- if firefight players get credits for doing nothing (and the amount of credits is not that much anyway). It doesnt affect me. MM quiting however really annoys me. Playing invasion slayer, all of my team quits so i have to deal with a 1vs8 situation, the opposing team might as well be “teeming hordes of alien monsters who punish the slightest error with instant death… again and again.”

I like how Bungie had that small paragraph in Halo 3 of you being a coward when you pushed quit.
Bring back the shame

Yea it gets frustrating, especially when it migrates host.

One time I had a triple kill and was reloading the sniper for the overkill extermination in an MLG and then as I am about to get the overkill 1 person leaves…causing a host migration. When everyone got back in the game I took out the fourth opponent but didn’t get the overkill extermination medal due to the migration.

A clear example of the kind of frustration that can appear when others quit games.

> I agree, which was why I was so opposed towards the whole system. Especially when it was brought to attention Bungie was not going to do anything but just solely hunt FF afkers. Useless waste of time when a clear banhammer target should have been done towards the other side.

Im glad people here actually understand. Also they seem alot nicer and alot less trolling. Ima spend more time here now and less on b.net :slight_smile:

> Finally someone who understands. I honestly dont give a -Yoink- if firefight players get credits for doing nothing (and the amount of credits is not that much anyway). It doesnt affect me. MM quiting however really annoys me. Playing invasion slayer, all of my team quits so i have to deal with a 1vs8 situation, the opposing team might as well be “teeming hordes of alien monsters who punish the slightest error with instant death… again and again.”

Exactly.

> I like how Bungie had that small paragraph in Halo 3 of you being a coward when you pushed quit.
> Bring back the shame

That was cool and might help just a little.

> Yea it gets frustrating, especially when it migrates host.
>
> One time I had a triple kill and was reloading the sniper for the overkill extermination in an MLG and then as I am about to get the overkill 1 person leaves…causing a host migration. When everyone got back in the game I took out the fourth opponent but didn’t get the overkill extermination medal due to the migration.
>
> A clear example of the kind of frustration that can appear when others quit games.

Yeah SO annoying losing Unfrigs due to quitters causing black screen or getting a kiltac and it going blackscreen and taking away your Kiltac and only giveing you a triple in the post game medals.
If you die just before blackscreen it wont count but your sprees get reset anyway :frowning:

I don’t care if players in Firefight just stand there. It’s simply one less player and more commendations and credits for me. It annoys me when my teammates in Multiplayer Matchmaking quit, however.

> Go into matchmaking with a full party and out vote them 90% of the time. Maybe if you didnt have such an attitude you would have 3-4 other friends that would want to play with you. From 12pm - 12am I can usually easily fill up a full party of 8 for BTB and have others wanting to join, its not hard.

You know what else isn’t hard? -ing

What ruins my games are people who go -20 or worse in Team Slayer, and people who rather run past the flag in CTF even though I was literally two steps away from the capture point when I got killed. At least for the former ones I actually wished they’d quit. >:(

Yeah, yeah. I know. “Go in with full party.” Easier said than done.

> > Go into matchmaking with a full party and out vote them 90% of the time. Maybe if you didnt have such an attitude you would have 3-4 other friends that would want to play with you. From 12pm - 12am I can usually easily fill up a full party of 8 for BTB and have others wanting to join, its not hard.
>
> You know what else isn’t hard? -ing

Well then keep up that attitude and your going to be searching alone and having to quit games when you dont get the map you want or your team is killing you.
Hopefully a better system or slightly harsher punishment will get selfish people like you. Infact selfish people like you should be playing rumble pit only, quitting doesnt really effect that.

> What ruins my games are people who go -20 or worse in Team Slayer, and people who rather run past the flag in CTF even though I was literally two steps away from the capture point when I got killed. At least for the former ones I actually wished they’d quit. >:(
>
> Yeah, yeah. I know. “Go in with full party.” Easier said than done.

Yeah unfortunatly we cant do much about matching up with morons, quitters we can though.

Play the game in game chat all the time and not party and you will meet cool people to play with all the time or friends of friends etc. Its actually not hard.

> (…) I usually play BTB with a full party of 8 high ranked players. We destroy and they always quit. Games turn into hide and seek and chasey with 8 on 2 which ruins our game and the poor Yoink! that dont quit.
> (…)
> Since our guy was doing well in a 7v1 situation we stayed hidden to see how this played out. Our Guy went 41 kills 4 deaths, broke a spawn trap and beat a team of 8 singlehandedly.
>
> Thats proof that spawn traps can be broken so please people play on. Not everyone is as good as him (…)

You know what I took from this post? Not that quitters need to be punished more harshly, but that party restrictions need to be put in place in BTB and the Trueskill system needs to actually work. I for one don’t bother sticking around to get dominated; if the game is lopsided, I leave. You only live once, after all, and I’ll be -Yoink!- if I’m going to waste 10-15 minutes of my time doing something I’m not getting paid for and don’t enjoy.

> This thread was on bungie.net and is a hot topic with over 350+ replies. [url=http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=60858710&postRepeater1-p=1[br >http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=60858710&postRepeater1-p=1 > > There is basicly no punishment for quitting multiplayer games (wow 15 minutes is nothing) and they constantly ruin my games, my teammates games and the games of the people left on the other team and thats alot of people as I usually play BTB with a full party of 8 high ranked players. We destroy and they always quit. Games turn into hide and seek and chasey with 8 on 2 which ruins our game and the poor Yoink! that dont quit. Not as bad if its flag or bomb as we can end it quickly but games of slayer when we have like 30 kills, 10 minutes left and 2 people who wont quit no matter how bad we spawn kill them. This is not fun for us or them. Please increase the punishment for habitual quitters as its ruining hundreds of games for thousand of players, probly alot more than afking. > > Quitters are a problem in every team playlist not just btb and not just against full parties. > > > Afk’ing is NOT ruining my game and if it was its Bungies own fault for rewarding people doing nothing. > More kills and credits for me, a distraction for my enemies/ someone else for them to go after. > > I dont like them earning free credits but thats the systems fault for allowing that. > > Something I posted in another thread: Bungie knowingly pay their gamers credits for doing nothing and even promote them then after 8 months decide they didnt like paying them for nothing so they demote you back to a nobody, take any money you earned (even the money earned for many hours of working), anything you bought with the money and say you can work but wont get any credits for 2 weeks. > > > > Edit 1: Examples > It seems to be getting worse. Here’s just a couple of examples from the last couple of hours: > [http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=62625 3893&player=Jamage007](http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=626253893&player=Jamage007)
> They all quit within a couple of minutes.
>
> http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=62630 1274&player=Jamage007
> They quit 1 by 1 until there was only 1 guy left and it was slayer so we all had to kill 1 guy until the game was over.
>
>
> Edit 2: The Revenge/The Test
> When we came across a few people that quit on us earlier and a habit quitter we decided to do a test and get some revengeon them so 7 of us hid while the other went to take on the other team 7v1 to see if 1 person could break a spawn trap.
> With the rest of us hiding and them only taking on 1 person they didnt seem to quit.
> Funny thing is the guy by himself broke the spawn trap and started killing them alot more than they were killing him.
> Now one of them quits but the rest stayed.
> Since our guy was doing well in a 7v1 situation we stayed hidden to see how this played out. Our Guy went 41 kills 4 deaths, broke a spawn trap and beat a team of 8 singlehandedly.
>
> Thats proof that spawn traps can be broken so please people play on. Not everyone is as good as him but a whole team that stays should be able to do it or at least try and give us some competition.
> Game stats: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=62616 7309&player=Jamage007
>
>
> TLDR: MM quitters are ruinng my game not FF afk’ers and all bungie care about is FF afk’ing not the real thing thats ruining games.

That is one hundred perrcent the matchmakings fault, not the quitters, if the mm system wouldnt suck so bad, then it would match your team of 8 to a team of 8, it is very unfair when one team is a team of nothing but sergeants and recruits, and the opposing team is a team of 8 and all are eclipses and novas and the like. It may b fin for the team of 8, but its just tedious for the other team, and they don’t enjoy it at all, hence they quit. Try playing on your own and you will see what I mean.

There should be a “Quit Ranking” that takes into account how many times you have quit, the percentage of total quits you have, the number of recent quits, et cetera. Matchmaking should then match people who quit frequently with other people who quit frequently. This way they ruin each others games and not the games of people that will stick out games even though they are losing. I hate when people say “I’m not getting paid and I’m not having fun so I’m quitting. It’s the matchmaking system’s fault.” You do realize that even with a perfect matchmaking system you are going to get roflstomped sometimes? Everyone does. Deal with it. Get better from it. Don’t leave your team a man down because you are not going to “win” a round of video game.

True!!

Nice jamage, hopefully 343 notices this

> > I agree, which was why I was so opposed towards the whole system. Especially when it was brought to attention Bungie was not going to do anything but just solely hunt FF afkers. Useless waste of time when a clear banhammer target should have been done towards the other side.
>
>
> Im glad people here actually understand. Also they seem alot nicer and alot less trolling. Ima spend more time here now and less on b.net :slight_smile:
>
>
>
> > Finally someone who understands. I honestly dont give a Yoink! if firefight players get credits for doing nothing (and the amount of credits is not that much anyway). It doesnt affect me. MM quiting however really annoys me. Playing invasion slayer, all of my team quits so i have to deal with a 1vs8 situation, the opposing team might as well be “teeming hordes of alien monsters who punish the slightest error with instant death… again and again.”
>
>
> Exactly.
>
>
>
> > I like how Bungie had that small paragraph in Halo 3 of you being a coward when you pushed quit.
> > Bring back the shame
>
>
> That was cool and might help just a little.
>
>
> > Yea it gets frustrating, especially when it migrates host.
> >
> > One time I had a triple kill and was reloading the sniper for the overkill extermination in an MLG and then as I am about to get the overkill 1 person leaves…causing a host migration. When everyone got back in the game I took out the fourth opponent but didn’t get the overkill extermination medal due to the migration.
> >
> > A clear example of the kind of frustration that can appear when others quit games.
>
> Yeah SO annoying losing Unfrigs due to quitters causing black screen or getting a kiltac and it going blackscreen and taking away your Kiltac and only giveing you a triple in the post game medals.
> If you die just before blackscreen it wont count but your sprees get reset anyway :frowning:

Well if you want change to come, posting here would be better since 343i is in charge now…

Sprees getting reset should be something that is fixed, I wouldn’t blame the quitters or laggers for that.

A lot of people just lag out, you know.

Agreed 1000000%

It seems Bungie care more about preserving their precious xp system (lolwut? Reach’s xp system is a joke) than these people who are actually ruining the games in a way the community give a stuff about. And on the same subject, why are MM AFKers not reset? Just wondering…but anyway…

How about this… match people based on their quit PERCENTAGES? That way you only match with people who quit as much as you do.

Quitting is not the problem. The problem is the person’s attitude toward the game they play. A negative attitude equals a negative gameplay experience; a positive attitude equals a positive experience. All rage quitters have a negative attitude towards the game. Even the great Jamage007, who does not rage quit, has displayed his negative attitude towards the game and his fellow gamers in this forum. Funny thing is that if everyone was able to have a positive attitude while playing the game, there would be no issues with quitting. The only “quitters” would be persons who lag out and persons who had to leave for one reason or another. Its actually hysterically funny if you think about it. LOL

> True!!
>
> Nice jamage, hopefully 343 notices this

Yeah I posted it months and months ago when Bungie was still in control and they did nothing, its a huge problem.
Hopefully 343 does something about it.

Those are both huge problems to the community.