MLG's for justice, Let's get competitive back in Halo

Heyo Forums, It’s Blaze again some of you know me some of you don’t!

So I’m a devoted MLG and I would like to start by saying I am not a:“I am better than you, you are trash MLG”. Most of us MLG’s are good people just made to look bad by others. So don’t be hating.

I would really like to see Halo 4 have a competitive edge to mutiplayer, by that I mean the perfected Halo 3 & Halo 2 mutiplayer.

Players who spend the time getting better at the game and playing it alot should be rewarded more than bad players !PERIOD!

So my list of suggestions:

1. Ranked hopper with 1 - 50 decelerated tureskill ranks
  2. No arena its horrible and does not work.
  3. Halo 2 BR > Halo 3 BR > DMR
  4. No healthpacks
  5. No fall damage
  6. Halo 3 mutal melee
  7. Halo 3 grenade mechanic
  8. Halo 3 jump height
  9. No Halo: Reach strafe sliding
  10. Custom control setup
  11. Normal Halo 1/2/3 spartan head sizes
  12. No bloom period
  13. Flag and bomb juggle fully functional
  14. Nade damage down
  15. No armor abilitys in competitive.

Yes this post is aggressive and I know some will not like what I have suggested others will. Don’t be hating or flaming suggest improvements. Thank you

Is this THE BLAZE?? like Blaze from Infamous?? Nice to see pro players out and about on the Halo forums XD

EDIT: This guy isn’t Blaze… He’s a PHONY, he’s a great big PHONY!!

I agree completely and that learning process was the thing that kept me playing Halo 1,2 and 3 even that I wasn’t that competetive or good. Reach feels in my opinion in terms of indivdiual skill to easy and so hopefully will Halo 4 go back its roots :smiley:

The truth about MLG…

What you mean by #11? The hitboxes on the heads of the Spartans are very precise and there is only a very, very small triangular section of hitbox that is “air” that registers a hit.

Right here is all the proof needed to see the size of the boxes.

As for everything else, I too hope they don’t remove options when the add in new ones.

> The truth about MLG…

I loled about this video but no matter how funny it was, it’s pretty ignorant lol.

I agree for competitive multiplayer but I am also a firm believer that the skill guns shouldn’t beat the regular guns if aim is off by a fraction. For example in Halo 3 at medium range I believe the AR should kill the BR unless the BR can get the perfect 4 shot, or maybe if the AR is unaccurate than 5 shots. The skilled weapons should allow those who excell to win and those who don’t to use other guns.

If your good that gun will win most of the time, if you arn’t the lower grade guns will win.

I agree with everything you said though.

my two cents.

> So my list of suggestions:
> 1) Ranked hopper with 1 - 50 decelerated tureskill ranks
> 2) No arena its horrible and does not work.
> 3) Halo 2 BR > Halo 3 BR > DMR
> 4) No healthpacks
> 5) No fall damage
> 6) Halo 3 mutal melee
> 7) Halo 3 grenade mechanic
> 8) Halo 3 jump height
> 9) No Halo: Reach strafe sliding
> 10) Custom control setup
> 11) Normal Halo 1/2/3 spartan head sizes
> 12) No bloom period
> 13) Flag and bomb juggle fully functional
> 14) Nade damage down
> 15) No armor abilitys in competitive.

1. no. Halo 2 BR > DMR > Halo 3 BR
  2. Halo 2 or 1 melee system

Why exactly should 343 have to design the game to make it exactly like Halo 3 just for MLG? First of all, go play Halo 3 if that’s what you guys want. Second, MLG shouldn’t be catered for, these professional players should have to play according to the changes and adapt to them. I understand why chancey things like bloom are an issue, but all this core-design stuff you want is kind of completely absurd to ask.

H2 BR and no Host advantage.
Dedicated servers

Why should they make it like halo 3 you say ? Because 4 comes after three , obviously , and halo 3 was the most compétitive of all halos with halo 2 , So , why start redooing a gmae when you can start a reaaaaaaaally good base system taht sticks with :

• Enjoying the game , not like reach
  • Compétitive Gameplay

No I am not the Blaze from Infamous, However yes I am on the circuit.

Just put in the mechanics from Halo:CE as the most bare bones part of the game. Then you can add all the casual -Yoink- you want and bury the game under it and as long as you can turn all of it off you would have a game that both the extremely competitive player and the extremely casual and everywhere in between those two could be happy with. The answer to making Halo 4 the best title it can be rests within the extent of the custom options and how well they interact with the most basic mechanics of the game such as movement and jump height. Then all you have to do is throw in a couple of weapons similar to the CE pistol, H2 BR etc as forge options (does not have to be in the normal MM experience it would just be a good idea to have the option.)If all of that gets done you can make whatever you want of the game whilst not -Yoink!- off random sections of the player base, because if they don’t like the vanilla experience they can make what they want of the game in custom games. The main problem with recent Halo games is certain aspects being slanted towards one side or the other when there could have simply been a no bloom DMR or CE pistol or BR just sitting as a forge option, how many complaints would that have stopped? Obviously a lot since you had to patch the game for no bloom.

• Strafe acceleration slider that you can change, sort of like movement speed
  • Individual weapon damage sliders instead of a global damage mod that we have now
    ^ examples of good custom options

Also for the people saying “they want it like Halo 3 for MLG” disregard said persons statement as they do not speak for a community and instead speak only for themselves. If you visit the MLG forums and stick around for awhile you will find a massive amount of hate for Halo 3 as well as love by many members its a diverse community and people making statements like that usually tend to make it look bad in the end.

> Why exactly should 343 have to design the game to make it exactly like Halo 3 just for MLG? First of all, go play Halo 3 if that’s what you guys want. Second, MLG shouldn’t be catered for, these professional players should have to play according to the changes and adapt to them. I understand why chancey things like bloom are an issue, but all this core-design stuff you want is kind of completely absurd to ask.

The core things that make a good game are the same things that make a good competitive game, they are actually one in the same. A good game is one that is accessible enough for everyone to pick up and play, while still having a high skill ceiling (and a learning curve that is just steep enough). This means that new players will have fun playing other new players and players that want to get better will have plenty to learn to reach the top. Some of the stuff the OP wants is pretty ridiculous, and I can tell from his post that he either has no idea what makes a game competitive, started the series with H3, or perhaps doesn’t understand the core differences in the different games.

These are the core things in Halo that make it Halo (the competitive and accessible game that we all love):

1)Fast strafe speed without anything like strafe acceleration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYAPmV7GcrU (This doesn’t include Reach, but as you can see the strafe speed slows with each release. Though I believe that Reach is slightly faster than H3, not really sure) Furthermore, over time strafe acceleration was implemented more and more. To show this easily, put Reach or H3 on maximum movement speed and notice that it takes time to reach the full speed. This makes strafing less effective, which therefore makes all weapons easier to use. Taking this out completely, or perhaps making it so that it is negligible would suffice.

1. A starting weapon (generally a utility weapon) that is easy to use, but hard to master: Look at the CE pistol for this one. Anyone could get a kill with this bad boy, but even the pro players could not get a three shot kill everytime due to the fast strafe speed and little auto-aim/magnetism/etc.

2. Weapon and power-up spawning system that promotes map movement: Again look at CE for this one, or for an outside reference look at Quake. In both of these games the power-ups and weapons were on a fast respawn timer so that the players would constantly be moving between areas to keep control of them. Having power-ups spawn timer start after being picked up and having weapons on drop spawns like in CE is the best way that has been done in Halo so far. Of course Forge already takes care of this problem for the most part.

3. Maps that are well designed: This is pretty self-explanatory so I won’t go into too much detail. At it’s core Halo seems to work well with Asymmetrical maps due to the nature of the power-ups rewarding offense (Camo) and defense (Overshield). This too is fixed by forge, though clearly some actual maps being better would be preferred.

4. Randomness should not exist: Something like bloom, or even the BR spread in H3, should not exist in the game. If it does, it should always be completely optional for the player so that if they don’t want it all they need to do is change a setting. Which brings me to the most important thing.

5. Customization: Not only is customization an awesome feature for competitive players, but it really does nothing bad for anyone who plays the game. It allows for the community to change the game into something completely different (ski-ball in Reach anyone?) and allows for the community as a whole to drive the game forward. In fact the majority of things competitive players seem to have a problem with could be fixed by adding more in depth customization. Give the ability to change strafe acceleration, and individual weapon damage and Reach can literally be anything a player wants it to be.

tl;dr

Adding customization for as many aspects of the game as possible (strafe acceleration, individual damage, etc) is the best way to please everyone.

Furthermore this mentality that the competitive or “hardcore” group and the casual or “noob” have to be separated needs to change. We all just want Halo to be the best it can be, and arguing like children the community normally does does nothing. What we need to do is come to a mutual understanding that customization is the most important thing to please both sides of the community.

I support this also we MUST have dedicated servers

Dedicated servers FTW

> So I’m a devoted MLG and I would like to start by saying I am not a:“I am better than you, you are trash MLG”. Most of us MLG’s are good people just made to look bad by others. So don’t be hating.

Real MLG community members do not refer to themselves like this, just the little kids who scream at people and claim to be pro.

> No I am not the Blaze from Infamous, However yes I am on the circuit.

Event/Team/Tag?

> Is this THE BLAZE?? like Blaze from Infamous?? Nice to see pro players out and about on the Halo forums XD
>
> EDIT: This guy isn’t Blaze… He’s a PHONY, he’s a great big PHONY!!

Even if it isn’t the real Blaze pro, this guy has hit the dot with all the things that should done in Halo 4 to make Halo fun again.

> Just put in the mechanics from Halo:CE as the most bare bones part of the game. Then you can add all the casual Yoink! you want and bury the game under it and as long as you can turn all of it off you would have a game that both the extremely competitive player and the extremely casual and everywhere in between those two could be happy with. The answer to making Halo 4 the best title it can be rests within the extent of the custom options and how well they interact with the most basic mechanics of the game such as movement and jump height. Then all you have to do is throw in a couple of weapons similar to the CE pistol, H2 BR etc as forge options (does not have to be in the normal MM experience it would just be a good idea to have the option.)If all of that gets done you can make whatever you want of the game whilst not -Yoink!- off random sections of the player base, because if they don’t like the vanilla experience they can make what they want of the game in custom games. The main problem with recent Halo games is certain aspects being slanted towards one side or the other when there could have simply been a no bloom DMR or CE pistol or BR just sitting as a forge option, how many complaints would that have stopped? Obviously a lot since you had to patch the game for no bloom.
>
> - Strafe acceleration slider that you can change, sort of like movement speed
> - Individual weapon damage sliders instead of a global damage mod that we have now
> ^ examples of good custom options
>
> Also for the people saying “they want it like Halo 3 for MLG” disregard said persons statement as they do not speak for a community and instead speak only for themselves. If you visit the MLG forums and stick around for awhile you will find a massive amount of hate for Halo 3 as well as love by many members its a diverse community and people making statements like that usually tend to make it look bad in the end.

Everything in this quote. It is the perfect way to make the game for casuals and competitive players alike. I would be ecstatic with all of this implemented, especially the strafe acceleration slider, weapon damage sliders and a good, single shot, 2X scope skill weapon with very little aim assist and bullet magnetism.

As stated above, Halo 3 was the worst competitive Halo game of the series IMO.

Sigh

Why is it that people have this notion that a particular weapon or mechanic is what made the game skilled/competitive?

The BR for example. People always say they want the BR back acting like if it isn’t that exact weapon the game will be ruined. It doesn’t matter if the utility weapon looks or shoots like the CE pistol, the H2/3 BR or even the reach DMR. What matters is how skillful the weapon is to use, and how consistent it is. Hell, the utility weapon could be the AR if they made it extremely hard to master and it had a huge skill gap.

These super specific criteria for Halo 4 are not whats going to make it a good competitive game, it is having the proper mindset while designing the game. As long as 343 designs every aspect of the game with a competitive mindset it will be a competitive game, regardless of what the utility weapon looks like.

This will never happen though, so the least they could do is give us the custom options to allow for fundamental changes to the game. Much like what sniper three said.