MLG Takes Reach off Main Stage

Link

Halo has been MLG’s flagship game and its premiere game for years and for the first time in years it is not.

Starcraft II is now MLG’s mainstage game, and is now killing Halo in worldwide popularity and stream views. Reach has not created the excitement for viewers past Halo games created.

Is Halo losing its appeal? Does the DMR just suck?

/discuss

halo is not losing it’s appeal. reach is.

> halo is not losing it’s appeal. reach is.

Precisely.

I’m not surprised.

> Link
>
> Halo has been MLG’s flagship game and its premiere game for years and for the first time in years it is not.
>
> Starcraft II is now MLG’s mainstage game, and is now killing Halo in worldwide popularity and stream views. Reach has not created the excitement for viewers past Halo games created.
>
> Is Halo losing its appeal? Does the DMR just suck?
>
> /discuss

Ten years of nonstop Halo.

Meanwhile Starcraft has had a huge break between series.

Like others have said, it’s probably just Reach.

Hint hint, 343.

> > halo is not losing it’s appeal. reach is.
>
> Precisely.

Your probably right, but I am happy for SC2 it is the superior game to Reach and I dont even like RTS. It says alot when a RTS is getting double the stream views of a FPS you would think the FPS would be the more exciting watch.

As a serious player of both games, I’m only a little surprised. Starcraft does take great amounts of skill, but is relentlessly punishing on the slightest mistake at the upper levels. Creating your own strategy is also something that you can’t really do to a whole lot in when you get to those levels. Definitely takes a different way of thinking. I don’t think it’s even fair to compare the two though, as they both can take a great amount of skill to play. I’m biased towards Halo anyway.

I honestly think though it’s because Reach doesn’t really feel like any other Halo. The campaign nearly ruined the game for me. And multiplayer…gray gray gray gray Zealot. Essentially.

> Link
>
> Halo has been MLG’s flagship game and its premiere game for years and for the first time in years it is not.
>
> Starcraft II is now MLG’s mainstage game, and is now killing Halo in worldwide popularity and stream views. Reach has not created the excitement for viewers past Halo games created.
>
>
> /discuss

When you get down to it, its the halo community. If the br fans liked reach it would still be there. But as they say you can’t fix stupid.

Man, Reach… Oh well, their decision to make the game like they did.

> halo is not losing it’s appeal. reach is.

Exactly.

This is official proof that the competitive community…Yes…The OFFICIAL one…Thinks Reach is a steaming pile of unplayable garbage when it comes to competitive gameplay.

> Link
>
>
>
>
> /discuss

does the dmr just suck? yeah kinda

is halo loosing its appeal? it’s hard to stay interested when there are essentially only 2-3 weapons used in competitive game types. all the others are weeded out b/c they are poorly designed.

o and they should probably make halo require skill again. just a thought

>
> Precisely.

>
> Exactly.
>
> This is official proof that the competitive community…Yes…The OFFICIAL one…Thinks Reach is a steaming pile of unplayable garbage when it comes to competitive gameplay.

Ummm…If you have been paying attention to the season. You would know each game has it’s own main stage.

OOOHHHH okay. WTF MLG!!! Damn…This…this is not good. This is the only “sports like” event I enjoy…this. Idk what I will do. God 343 this is why we need Halo 4 to be more like 2! PLEASE GOD!!!

I read a great golf article in the paper today. And believe me, I hate golf but I like to read. But anyways the paper went on to state that they asked an American golfer how he feels about their slump as of recent. The international scene seems to be booming, and without Tiger Woods, the Americans seem to have lost their momentum.
His response was along the lines of “It’s not that we’re getting worse, it’s that competition is getting better. They’ve caught up and surpassed us. It’s a cycle and now it’s our turn.”

Now if CoD had taken the main stage… OK then now you can start something about that. :slight_smile:

Anyway$, $tar Craft II i$ an RT$ who$e popularity in other countrie$ already ha$ what MLG want$ and i$ trying $o hard to get in North America.

Do you think so little of our empire that you fear it crumbles in the sight of competition? We thrive on it. Feed on it. Live on it. Relish in it. We live the cycle because we love it, not because we fear it.

Title update!!! We need you!!!

If the TU is good enough to bring back classic gameplay, I bet Reach will be centre main stage again.

I heard about it considering Im apart of the MLG Community. This proves that Reach is killing Halo’s Worldwide popularity because the game is bad. H4 to be back on the mainstage for 2013 and I pray to God its like H2/H3 so Halo will be really fun like the old days.