MLG players spam the dmr?

So recently, in an attempt to better myself at this game (I’m nowhere near these Mlg, self-proclaimed pros), I decided to watch some “MLG” footage on youtube, to see how they play, their tactics, but most of all, how they use the dmr. And from most of the footage i’ve seen, I was surprised to see that most spammed the dmr, yet still hit their targets? Is it really better to spam the dmr like that? And how do they hit their targets despite spamming?

I’ve always paced my shots but now I think I might just start spamming if its the better option…

What are your thoughts people?

I suggest you playing halo 3, you get better individual then. Teamwork is easy, just learn callouts and try to stay with at least 1 teammate all the time. Also, when you aim. Try to use the left stick as much as you can, and only use the right one when people jump, chrouch or make an unexpected move.

47 MLG - Halo 3.

If you want to see my gameplay - heres what you need to search up on youtube(Random gameplay). Gamer’s View: FB Alchemist (POV) - Halo 3 - Commentary

Oh cool, cheers for the tips man.
I’ll check out your gameplay.

Its good to see the community always hass those that help others.

I haven’t played halo for 2 months now, since right now i am havin vacation but the 16. August i am back to my country and we can play if you want(Halo3). I will try to teach you, remember to always do the unexpected. Most 50’s in halo 3 have big problems understanding the movements of a beginner because they always do the unexpected(They still win easy though).

Example on blackout.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=1871143474&player=FB%20alchemist

You and your team holds BR3. The other team is at BR1. The other team dont really expect you to drop down to them because they are 4 players down there, but if you have a shotgun or sword, that is what you do. You are now suprising them and probably will be able to take out the hole team.

Thanks for that :slight_smile: sounds brill.
I’ve played Halo 3 before and still play it every now and again, and I mostly just played the social playlists because ranked wasn’t really my thing.

Do you spam the Dmr in reach or pace your shots?

What you do is that you spam close range, and pace long range. But then again, i suggest you to play halo 3 if you want to get better.

> I’ve always paced my shots but now I think I might just start spamming if its the better option…

I, too, have always paced my shots. Then I started spamming a couple of weeks ago simply out curiosity, and it’s almost frightening how effective it is.

As long as your reticle is red you can basically spam like an idiot and still hit with uncanny consistancy. Because once the reticle is red, aim assist kicks in. And bullet magnetism, which is part of aim assist, negates much of the effect bloom has.

In response to your original question, OP: I’m no MLG player (I’m nowhere near that level) but it’s true a lot of MLG players spam the DMR at everything but long range. However, this appears to be mainly due to teamwork - as has been mentioned, Reach is all about teamwork.

Watching Instinct play a couple weeks ago I realized that the first player to engage each opponent was hardly ever the same person who got the kill. They spam to drop shields as quickly as possible and whilst their reticle bloom is resetting someone else comes in and cleans up the kill. When teamwork’s done properly in this game, it’s like watching a machine.

> What you do is that you spam close range, and pace long range. But then again, i suggest you to play halo 3 if you want to get better.

I think i’ll play halo 3 in a bit then :slight_smile:

Also, a good way to improve gameplay is to watch your own gameplay, to see what you can do different next time.

> In response to your original question, OP: I’m no MLG player (I’m nowhere near that level) but it’s true a lot of MLG players spam the DMR at everything but long range. However, this appears to be mainly due to teamwork - as has been mentioned, Reach is all about teamwork.
>
> Watching Instinct play a couple weeks ago I realized that the first player to engage each opponent was hardly ever the same person who got the kill. They spam to drop shields as quickly as possible and whilst their reticle bloom is resetting someone else comes in and cleans up the kill. When teamwork’s done properly in this game, it’s like watching a machine.

I absolutely agree with your observations and conclusions.

As was stated before, Pros spam the DMR for teamwork and that is pretty much it. In reality, however, they do a mixture of both. They do spam a bit more on LAN, the standard for tournament play.

That said, I believe you should keep playing Reach due to the fact that Halo 3 and Reach play nothing alike. And, in my opinion, Reach is a more skillful game but definitely has it flaws. If it were to be fixed, the game would be 100% perfect.

The bloom, as it stands, hinders a players skill more so than what it should be doing; benefiting the more calm, skillful player. The way the Spread and the Bloom was designed it ended up encouraging spamming instead of discouraging it. I would love to see how this game would play without the bloom.

> I would love to see how this game would play without the bloom.

You and me both. And I’m not demanding that bloom should be removed, I’m really just extremely curious to see how the game plays without it … and maybe then I start demanding. =)

> > I would love to see how this game would play without the bloom.
>
> You and me both. And I’m not demanding that bloom should be removed, I’m really just extremely curious to see how the game plays without it … and maybe then I start demanding. =)

Same here lol. There is one thing Reach has showed me is that the game can be played with Sprint, give or take Jet pack and evade. It adds a lot to the individual basis such as 1 man flanks, ankle breaking jukes, etc. Going back and trying to play Halo 3 now just feels… different and slow. When I go back and play the game, I remember why I never liked it lol.

maybe youve already received the answer, but the reason MLG people spam is because its a lot more forgiving over LAN (more shots registered). over xbox live it would seem laughable at mid range, but with MLG its not AS big of a deal because they can get away with spamming a lot more.

> Going back and trying to play Halo 3 now just feels… different and slow.

Whenever I felt that H3 was slow…

…I played Perfect Dark Zero for half an hour. After that H3 felt lightning quick. =D

Ill F4ted

In every new Halo game, Bungie adds new features to appeal to those that have never played a game of Halo. Bungie knows that they have us faithful players, but lots of people are intimidated by the hardcore gaming of Halo and the only way Bungie can combat this is by adding new features that give the newcomer a chance against the elite. Armor abilities are cheesy gimmicks at best and strongly lower the skilled game play of Halo by allowing players to sneak around at will, fly around, lock up their armor, and run away quickly.

Lol right?!? I’ve been playing Halo since 01 and competitively since 04 and I gotta say h3 feels the slowest and sluggish. I just hope the patch saves Reach because it has the potential to be a great, great game.